Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Competition at the stop lights and on the highways

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 11:44 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Competition at the stop lights and on the highways

Whatever is in the other lane.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:57 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

MK49> Where are you from? There was a Saleen sold in my area (North Hills/Pittsburgh) lately, your color. I saw it at Brusters today around 2:00. I want that car :-D

As for competition it entirely depends on what you mean.. Straight line only? LS1 Automatic Fbodys, The GOAT (GTO), Newer M3's should be stiff competition, EVO, STi or well driven WRX. If you are an Automatic a 6 speed 350Z might give you a run for your money.

I work at a Nissan dealership I have driven loads of 350Z's. I NEVER was impressed with them straight line wise. As mentioned they are lacking in torque big time. They are good for a 13.9 or so stock in a 6 speed, but 5 speed GT's are good for 13.5-13.7ish with good drivers too *shrug*. Handling wise though, good luck. A 350Z will hand you your *** around bends anyday. The 35th Anniversary 350Z is also a little stronger than the track model 350Z too and the difference is noticable, but I do not know what their performance is like at the track. If you are an Automatic GT owner you might also want to watch out for the SE-R Altima, believe it or not they are probably good for some high 13's as well in the 6speed.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:14 AM
tommycheng1728

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

magnums arent sh*t, watch out for the AMG's, and a boxster S will give you some competition
I have a 2002 C32 AMG with some mods, Chip, pulleys, headers, intake, and I have killed many M3's, boxters and previous generation mustang GT's, cobras, and rice rockets as well (suburu, EVO, nissan, infiniti, etc) most of the time when I line up with cars that see my AMG badge and pretend they don't see me, but BMW's are the funniest, they always, about, 85% want some and I get the most satisfaction killing those, My personalized plates should be "M3KILLR" but I'm on this forum now because I have a 06 tungston grey GT with IUP on order, I love the way the new mustang looks and I am considering making my C32 a track car. by the way the ford dealer said I should expect delivery around DEC 06, hope they aren't lying to me,anyways till December, tommy
Old 06-27-2005, 05:00 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

sorry for the wait but you wont be disappointed...congrats on the new (future) ride
Old 06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

What happened with the race against the RX-8? My boss has one that he got after NOT getting a Mustang GT. (I do not know how he managed to do that). He asked if I lost respect for him for going from potentially owning a Mustang GT to a RX-8. I simply told him my respect would be earned back as he watched my tail lights get closer and closer together, then disappear all together.

BrookShadow_RC
2005 Mustang GT - Winveil blue, spoiler delete, IUP, 5sp.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:08 PM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

What makes the RX-8 so fast? How much does it cost?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

I think my boss paid 32K for his RX-8. Not exactly sure. But I hear they are only rated at 235 hp. Doesn't *sound* very fast...

BrookShadow_RC
Old 06-27-2005, 06:40 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

The only competition a I see out there is the Charger vs GTO for the ugly stick.[sm=icon_beat.gif]
Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

So, can anyone tell me about racing a RX-8? Does the Mustang win, lose, draw? Will I beat my boss on horsepower alone, or the fact that he is a fairly inexperienced driver?

Help, I must know...

Old 06-28-2005, 03:29 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Experiance will win everytime when cars are closely matched. Sometimes people beat better cars because they are better drivers. The numbers in the car mags are done by pro's. What you can get out of your car is up to you.

Quick Reply: Competition at the stop lights and on the highways