Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What are the standard options available?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 09:06 AM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Default What are the standard options available?

I've test driven it and my GT Vert will be ready for me on saturday but I was so damn excited about just driving her and the shaker 1000, and the 5 speed, and the top, and the gas pedal, and the gas, and flooring it ... ah, well, you get what my meaning is. Anyway besides AC, like what does it have? So is cruise control and that gas milage thing standard? Does it have some kind of key fob to get in the trunk and open the doors? Does it have an external temp gage, etc? I don't think that the vehicle had either interior upgrade package, there was no MyColor, and the seats were solid leather.

Really though, I could care less about most creature features, cause this is one beauty of a car.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:39 AM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What are the standard options available?

hopefully this is a joke and not for real
Old 06-16-2005, 09:46 AM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Sadly, no. I was so concerned with driving her, checking for strut noise, checking the shaker 1000, checking hood flex, checking the gas fill, and all the other reported issues, I didn't bother to look for cruise control or external temp gages or gas milage counters or other little anemities.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:06 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

I did hours and hours of research before buying my GT - have you not thought to go onto the www and research everything there is to know about the car, ie - upgrade possibilities, options, etc, etc........
Old 06-16-2005, 11:16 AM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Unfortunately, it was a spur of the moment buy. I was getting ready to restore my 90 GT and my GF didn’t like how much money I was going to drop into it. She saw one of these on the road a few weeks ago in NY and told me I ought to get one of these instead. I didn’t really think to much about it, then one day I stumbled onto the boards, liked what I read, saw a 05 GT vert on the road and said screw it, I’ll buy one. The problem is, there were only 4 or 5 GT Verts in the state that I was interested in, I didn’t want a V6 or Coupe, and I didn’t wasn’t to wait for an 06.

And I did to research, just not on the little things. And I still can’t find out if there is a external temp gage or gas mileage counter.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I wish I had enough money to go buy a car that I had no idea about, or what it was supposed to come with, or what it had. And had so little reguard for any of the information that I wouldn't even go out to the manufacturer's web site and look the car up to see what it came with. And could buy it from a dealer that hires salesmen that apparently tell me nothing about the car.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:12 PM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

I think you're over reacting. I learned all about the struts, shaker, gas tank, hood warp, mods, upgrades, features, etc. I just don't know if the car has an external temp gage or a gas mileage counter. You're taking things way out of context. Christ, please spend less money on mods and buy a hooked on phonics reading comprehension book.

But yes, I didn’t look if it had cruise control. And I beg to differ if you can shoe me one place on or in the entire Intarweb that tells if there is an external temp gage or a gas mileage gage on the vehicle.

So let me rephrase the question. Does the Mustang have an external temp sensor or a gas mileage counter (either you current mpg or how far you can go on a tank of gas).
Old 06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

And I'd go so far as to bet most of you don't know either.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:18 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Q. Does the Mustang have an external temp sensor?

A. No

Q. or a gas mileage counter (either you current mpg or how far you can go on a tank of gas)?

A. Yes

Links:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html
Old 06-16-2005, 02:20 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: SpazHairlip
I think you're over reacting. I learned all about the struts, shaker, gas tank, hood warp, mods, upgrades, features, etc. I just don't know if the car has an external temp gage or a gas mileage counter.
Every thing you mention here is TSB related that tons of people have complained about. Would be kind of hard to miss it hanging out on forum boards that discuss the car.

You're taking things way out of context. Christ, please spend less money on mods and buy a hooked on phonics reading comprehension book.
This coming from someone who's spelling and diction are crap. Reference the below quote for examples.

But yes, I didn’t look if it had cruise control. And I beg to differ if you can shoe me one place on or in the entire Intarweb that tells if there is an external temp gage or a gas mileage gage on the vehicle.
OK, here, I will show (not shoe) you where it is on the internet ( not Intarweb ) where it tells you the options available on the car.
http://www1.forddirect.fordvehicles....ord&partner=fv
It also tells you whether or not there is cruise control. Just click on the model preference and choose compair.

So let me rephrase the question. Does the Mustang have an external temp sensor or a gas mileage counter (either you current mpg or how far you can go on a tank of gas).
Both pieces of information are available on the above link from the manufacturer. No, there is not an ambient temp sensor on the car from the factory. Yes, you can get a trip computer if you choose the IUP upgrade.

And I'd go so far as to bet most of you don't know either.
I bet that would be a bet you would lose.

Quick Reply: What are the standard options available?