Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

American Muscle vs. Brenspeed

Old 03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

Brenspeed FTW brother, if you are going to go with a mail order tune, they have my vote.

~Matty
Old 03-25-2009, 07:54 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Another option out there is VMP tuning. If you buy your intake/tune combo from lethal performance you'll get 2 tunes from VMP. Personally I liked their tune better than my brenspeed.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 300GT
While I buy lots of things from American Muscle, a tune would not be one of them. American Muscle is not a tune/install shop like Brenspeed. American Muscle is simply a large warehouse. I know - I work about 10 minutes from there and pick up all my orders in person. The tune you get from Brenspeed will be much better than the tune from American Muscle.
lucky lucky!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

+1 on Brenspeed or Bama over AM. The handheld tuner is just a tool to transfer the tunes to your car. I'm not familiar with the SF3 but I'd imagine like the Xcal it'll let you "tweak" certain user-adjustable parameters.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

ordered my tuner from brenspeed monday. spoke with a guy named Dave. Very professional. my vote is for brespeed
Old 03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Go with Brenspeed, their customer service and hands on experience with the S197 is phenomenal. Top knotch people and service, I can't think of anyone I would rather work on my car than Dave. I've been going to them for almost 3 years now and have never been disappointed. Brent will fix you up with a great tune for your car.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:19 PM
zachcrosen
1st Gear Member

I have been reading about tuners and the best place to get them from. From what I have read, I want to get a Bamachips tune. At the moment, the only reason I want to get a retune is because I had the FRPP 4.10s installed a few week ago and did not get the tune for the gears. Because of that, my speedo is off and I believe the amount it is off increases as the speed increases. because of that, I don't really know how fast I am actually going. Also, a friend of mine was telling me that he knew someone who had done gears in a '03ish mustang and the odometer was also off. I tested this by the green mile markers and for every 1 mile I traveled by the mile markers, my odometer increased by 1.2 miles. So, I am racking up miles quicker than I actually am.

Now, on to my question. As said earlier, I really want to get a Bama tune and tuner. But, I don't have the available funds to cover the entier $400 cost. I can get one from American Muscle set up for the 4.10 gears for around $350 shipped and that is with the 90 days free financing thing. I can't do the same with Bama. So, I am thinking about buying the AM tuner with tune loaded for the 4.10 gears and then when I get another mod that requires a tune, I will get the 3 tune deal from Bama for $115 I think. Sure it will cost more, but I really don't want to prematurely increase miles on my car. Do you think it will be OK to get the AM tuner/tune for the 4.10s for now while I hold out for the Bama tunes?

Zach
Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Now, on to my question. As said earlier, I really want to get a Bama tune and tuner. But, I don't have the available funds to cover the entier $400 cost. I can get one from American Muscle set up for the 4.10 gears for around $350 shipped and that is with the 90 days free financing thing. I can't do the same with Bama. So, I am thinking about buying the AM tuner with tune loaded for the 4.10 gears and then when I get another mod that requires a tune, I will get the 3 tune deal from Bama for $115 I think. Sure it will cost more, but I really don't want to prematurely increase miles on my car. Do you think it will be OK to get the AM tuner/tune for the 4.10s for now while I hold out for the Bama tunes?

Zach
Brenspeed have a 3 months same as cash option, and you can get an X3 with a set of great tunes from the get go and save some cash and hassle.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 PM
zachcrosen
1st Gear Member

Thanks sycd. I had not noticed that on Brenspeed's website. How do the Brenspeed and Bama tunes compare? Does either have an obvious advantage over the other. I may go with Brenspeed instead.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Save your money, get the JLT over the Steeda. An intake is an intake, especially if your getting any of them from Brenspeed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American Muscle vs. Brenspeed