Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Security Alarm went NUTS.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default My Security Alarm went NUTS.

Well

I now know my security alarm works.. sort-of.

After returning from lunch in someone elses car. I needed something out of my trunk.

I walked up to my car with my aftermarket remote and clicked the button to open the trunk.

Instead of the trunk opening my car EXPLOADED with Horns and blinking lights!

I hit all the buttons on the remote.. nothing... stuck the key in the door... lock.. unlock.. lock ... unlock.. nothing... I jumped in.. started the car.. turned it off... started it.. turned it off.. nothing.

I dug the factory remote out of my console (I keep in in there so I can get into the trunk when I don't have my key on me.) and clicked the unlock button.. Ahh.. quiet at last.. well.. sort-of... as there is a funky motorcycle sounding horn for the security alarm mounted somewhere behind the passenger tail light and IT refused to stop. again... played with buttons and keys.. to no avail.

FINALLY... ran inside.. grabbed an 8MM wrench... opened the hood and popped the ground off of the battery.. NOW! Quiet .. at last....

Left if off for about 30 seconds.... reconnected it and got one quick tiny beep - from that same horn in the back. and now everything works just fine.

Weird though - - makes me wonder how many times it is going to do THAT to me, guess I best keep an 8MM wrench handy.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:15 PM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My Security Alarm went NUTS.

I had a dodge truck that did the same thing, well with the doors, not the trunk. What caused the truck to do it was if I manually locked the doors instead of using my after market remote. If I manually locked the doors, then used teh after market to set the alarm, then use after market to unlock the truck it would go balistic. There was no way around it, just had to learn not to lock the doors when I got out.

I am not sure if this will help you figure out where your car went nutz, but that is my experience in a similar situation.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:46 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Security Alarm went NUTS.

The closest thing I have seen to that was one night I hit the panic button thinking it was the trunk opener but it turned right off after I hit it again. Very odd.