Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

anybody using resonators

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 PM
jimmymustang

Default anybody using resonators

Since I put in my Forged and Stroked 5.0 Motor with ported and polished heads the exhaust has gotten very loud. I am running with a X pipe no cats and FRPP Stingers. My question is about the Dynomax Resonators. I am wondering if these would quiet thing down? Their model number for the 2.5 inch is Dynomax #24215. I also have the high flow metalic cats waiting, put I dont know if they would help. Any ideas?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

the resonators will help you out alittle
Old 05-09-2009, 04:23 PM
jimmymustang

I think I need more than a little help I now rattle my neighbors windows at half throttle
Old 05-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

These are magnaflows,longtubes and X pipe...I know its a stock motor but ...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=22240106
Old 05-09-2009, 04:53 PM
jimmymustang

I am pushing alot of air through my set up I may be wrong but I dont think that axle back alone will get the sound level down I also tryed my Ford GTA axle back they did not help. Mabey the high flow cats and the resonators?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Jimmy- I think Hi-flow CATs will quiet down the exhaust better then resonators. They (resonators) will change the sonic sig and alter the sound but are better used for drone cancellation IMO....
Old 05-10-2009, 05:17 AM
jimmymustang

The cats I have as I said are high flow, you can see light and images right through them. Do any high flow cats do a better job of exhaust noise reduction than others? Do you think running with both resonators and my cats would quiet it down. Also mabey the desonators would stop the little bit of drone that I have. Looking for ideas to quiet this beast down.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by jimmymustang
The cats I have as I said are high flow, you can see light and images right through them. Do any high flow cats do a better job of exhaust noise reduction than others? Do you think running with both resonators and my cats would quiet it down. Also mabey the desonators would stop the little bit of drone that I have. Looking for ideas to quiet this beast down.
I think that is your best bet and give it a try....wouldn't hurt to have less drone or eliminate it in the process of toning down the vol of the exhaust.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:06 PM
jimmymustang

Thanks for the help
Old 05-10-2009, 11:44 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

What are examples of resonantors?

From what I can tell, a glass pack is a glass pack unless you also intall a muffler with it an then its called a resonator.

Same goes for Pypes mid-mufflers. A Pypes MM is a Pypes MM unless you put an axelback muffler with it also and then people call it a resonator?

I don't get that.

Quick Reply: anybody using resonators