Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

opinions needed on cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 02:35 AM
169stang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: opinions needed on cold air intake

There are quite a few 05's out there that have the computers flashed. Some have said the dealerships looked into them modifying the computer and they couldn't find it. They'd have to waste a lot of time and dig deep to find computer changes. If you have a dealer that is giving you that hard of a time, find another one. My car has a couple mods done to it and it's in for a tranny TSB. The service manager knows every single thing that's done to my car and doesn't bust my chops. It depends on the dealership.

My recommendation: You'll be better off tuning the car regardless of the CAI. This will make the car safer with correct Air fuel ratio's. Aside from that, if you do any other mod in the future, you'll need a tune anyways. Some cars have leaned out by just removing the hydrocarbon trap. If you decided to go with underdrive pullies, you'll need a tune. If you change the tire size for some reason, you'll need a tune. Same goes with gears. I promise you, if you go with a tune, you'll open up your car to a new world and you won't be dissatisfied. The one thing I do recommend regarding tuning is to find a local tuner that is a dealer for either SCT or Diablo. Some have ordered over the internet, and everything is done this way from then on. If you have a local tuner, your open to face to face service, tuning and possibly dynoing the car. Everyone has their favorites and mine is the SCT/Steeda CAI.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:57 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 169stang

There are quite a few 05's out there that have the computers flashed. Some have said the dealerships looked into them modifying the computer and they couldn't find it. They'd have to waste a lot of time and dig deep to find computer changes. If you have a dealer that is giving you that hard of a time, find another one. My car has a couple mods done to it and it's in for a tranny TSB. The service manager knows every single thing that's done to my car and doesn't bust my chops. It depends on the dealership.

My recommendation: You'll be better off tuning the car regardless of the CAI. This will make the car safer with correct Air fuel ratio's. Aside from that, if you do any other mod in the future, you'll need a tune anyways. Some cars have leaned out by just removing the hydrocarbon trap. If you decided to go with underdrive pullies, you'll need a tune. If you change the tire size for some reason, you'll need a tune. Same goes with gears. I promise you, if you go with a tune, you'll open up your car to a new world and you won't be dissatisfied. The one thing I do recommend regarding tuning is to find a local tuner that is a dealer for either SCT or Diablo. Some have ordered over the internet, and everything is done this way from then on. If you have a local tuner, your open to face to face service, tuning and possibly dynoing the car. Everyone has their favorites and mine is the SCT/Steeda CAI.

Well said I did exactly what you said and it worked out great.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:36 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Do you have first hand knowledge of this because I have a freind who lost a engine in his 05 at 1000 miles it had been reflashed the tune did not cause the engine to fail warranty covered the engine it is nothing like putting nitros to the engine the engine is designed to take what a tune can give it especially if it is dyno tuned.
This is what I was told by the dealership, I argued with them, then told them I was glad my warrenty wasn't through them, but as for being denied...no, I haven't been denied, but my engine hasn't blown either.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm
Old 06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
flyingt
2nd Gear Member

I went with the C&L/Predator set-up also. Man, I sure do like the response of the CAI and tune. My Roush mufflers sounds so much better and a little louder. Also very easy install.