Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

which supercharger?saleen vs paxton

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Default which supercharger?saleen vs paxton

hey so im in the market for a supercharger and have taken a lot of time going through threads and classifieds.. and what im torn between at the moment are either the paxton novi2200sl and the saleen sc with 475 kit (the latter is used and i can get it for $4075). so what my question is which would be better suited to my cars mods like which would get the better numbers for lower psi im not looking going past 11.5psi.. and i want the most hp thats safe (450-500rwhp?). i also have 4.10s and this is a daily driver. i would also like to keep up with my friends [stock] 03 cobra... well thanks for any advice! feel free to ask me any clarification questions
Old 06-07-2009, 12:30 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I prefer the twin screw set ups such as the Saleen, bolt it on top of the engine get rid of the manifold and CMRC plates all together and they are rather efficient especially if they're intercooled like most premium models are. Centrifugal blowers such as the Paxton are great however in the S-197 they are crammed into the engine compartment the inlet elbows are cinked and bent and you still have to deal with the CMRC plates.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:27 PM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

put the saleen on and you will have no problem keeping up with the cobra. the 475 kit should put you in the mid to upper 12s, depending on how well you can get it down the track. i love my saleen.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:35 PM
flounderlipps
2nd Gear Member

Get the Saleen
High 10s are possible with a stock bottom end, JDM tune and an auto.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by graygt07
put the saleen on and you will have no problem keeping up with the cobra. the 475 kit should put you in the mid to upper 12s, depending on how well you can get it down the track. i love my saleen.
but shouldnt i already be capable of mid 12s with my cams??
Old 06-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

12s after a $5500+ supercharger?

That would be a MEGA disappointment.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:02 AM
dolint95
1st Gear Member

I own a Paxton and I'm not by any means trying to steer you away from a saleen just because I am a paxton owner....but I am extremely please with the kit. I installed it myself in 12 hours, straight through. If I had to do it again I could do it in 5 or 6. Read through the directions step by step and took my time. Already brought hell upon several cobras...and a C6 Corvette. The linear power is great because it enables you to get good traction and then all hell breaks loose. First gear is a shredder, second is amazing, third feels like you grow wings, and fourth buries the speedo FAST. Saleen's are great kits too. It's all preference. Although the Paxton is crammed in there, it still looks great. Has a great sound at idle and cruising speeds, people definitely know you have something under the hood. And has an awesome vacuum sound to boot. Good luck with whatever path you choose... Either way you go you will be happy.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dolint95
I own a Paxton and I'm not by any means trying to steer you away from a saleen just because I am a paxton owner....but I am extremely please with the kit. I installed it myself in 12 hours, straight through. If I had to do it again I could do it in 5 or 6. Read through the directions step by step and took my time. Already brought hell upon several cobras...and a C6 Corvette. The linear power is great because it enables you to get good traction and then all hell breaks loose. First gear is a shredder, second is amazing, third feels like you grow wings, and fourth buries the speedo FAST. Saleen's are great kits too. It's all preference. Although the Paxton is crammed in there, it still looks great. Has a great sound at idle and cruising speeds, people definitely know you have something under the hood. And has an awesome vacuum sound to boot. Good luck with whatever path you choose... Either way you go you will be happy.
thanks for that. ive been more into the centri type as opposed to the twinscrew i juat have gotten the impression that the ts just have such a steep curve the 4.10s would be killer and i like the idea of a linear progression. and how hard was the install im 18 with just basic hand tools
Old 06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
'00project
1st Gear Member

With the 4.10 I would go with the Paxton, the torque that is down low with the twin screw will render 1st and 2nd useless. Plus it will be an easier install.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Why don't you contact Brenspeed, they've installed more Paxton's and Saleen's than just about anyone in the country. They were making great power with the Paxton's before they took on the Saleen product line.

Quick Reply: which supercharger?saleen vs paxton