Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
does 440rwtq wont break the engine when kick down? btw, what is the limit rwtq for the 05+ auto mustang gt?
from what I hear, it's all in "the tune".. but in all honesty, I think it's bound to break something at over 450whp max, especially with how the the twin screw delivers it's power (instantly) as opposed to centrifugals.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

any updates on this kit??

Old 06-30-2010, 12:14 AM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
from what I hear, it's all in "the tune".. but in all honesty, I think it's bound to break something at over 450whp max, especially with how the the twin screw delivers it's power (instantly) as opposed to centrifugals.
i got 487 with my centri. 2 weeks now, nothing happened, beast now..but i will put her in the garage for 3 months, hopefully when i got back, nothing wrong will be happened, such as battery problem,etc..
Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
i got 487 with my centri. 2 weeks now, nothing happened, beast now..but i will put her in the garage for 3 months, hopefully when i got back, nothing wrong will be happened, such as battery problem,etc..
great numbers

Thats right about 100 more whp than I got now.. must be a blast to drive!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:12 PM
atv4fun

Default Help wanted - Edelbrock Supercharger

I recently install an Edelbrock e-Force supercharger on my 2007 Mustang. When I finished the install she started right up without any codes, check engine light or even the angry wrench; in fact it ran and sounded great. So the next logical step was to take it for a spin.

After about a 30 minute shakedown cruise we stopped to get some ice cream. While waiting in the drive thru, the check engine, and wrench lights came on, and a couple of seconds later the engine shutdown. That was a week ago, and it hasn’t started since. The engine kicks over, starts and revs up a little, just like the normal starting sequence, but then shuts down again after a few seconds. Listed below are the codes I pulled off using my tuner.

P2104 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Idle
P2107 Throttle Actuator Control Module Processor
P2110 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited RPM

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before with the Edelbrock supercharger or throttle body, or dealt with these codes before?

I would appreciate any troubleshooting ideas or solutions you might have!

Thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Have you contacted Edlebrock as they are super helpful? It sounds like there is something up with the throttle body. You might want to check and see if the throttle body blade spring was clocked correctly when you installed the stepper motor. The easiest way to check this is to remove the rubber intake tube and open the throttle blade... if when released, it does not quickly snap back to the closed position on its, that could be your problem. I had this same problem, but don't recall which codes popped up.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 AM
atv4fun

I have not yet contacted Edelbrock, which was something I planned to do today. I did however check the blade for movement, it snaps back into place just as it should or at least it does now. When I first installed it last week it would stick in the open position, so I stepped the spring down one turn which solved that problem. I'm still stuck the no start issue.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Have you cleared the codes and tried reloading the tune?

You might want to start a new thread and keep us posted on what you find out.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
atv4fun

Yep cleared the codes, tried reloading the custom tune, even went so far as to reload the stock tune just in case. Neither one had any effect.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
WestcoasterRT

When i got mine installed i had a problem with the idle, it was at 1200 to 1500 RPMs and thru a code for the throttle. Contacted Edelbrock and had to run a few checks to find out the throttle was bad. They over night shipped me a new one and i haven`t had a problem since.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!