Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:51 PM
atv4fun

Thumbs down Throttle body update

The new throttle body showed up from Edelbrock as promised. I don't believe it will solve my problem, however, I do believe I've found the problem. I'm just not sure how to resolve the problem, because you can't fix stupid.

When I took off and disassembled the old Edelbrock TB, I could see that some how I managed to F*** up the spring. It's all twisted up and out of shape. It was fine when I took it off my BBK TB. According to my local Ford dealer, this part is not sold separately, I would have to purchase the whole TB for $350. Yeah I don't think so, surely other guys have had similar problems.

If you know of an after market reseller or how to fix the spring I'd be most grateful.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:18 PM
atv4fun

This picture might be helpful:

Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
atv4fun

If these pictures don't show up again this time just click on my public profile to see them...thanks!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...dy-spring.html
Old 07-03-2010, 03:34 AM
WestcoasterRT

Not sure why you can`t buy that from Ford, but if you can`t then i would look at trying a junk yard maybe? Sorry i can`t be anymore help on that part.
As far as the problem i had with my TB, once i got my new replacement i haven`t had any problems, its been running great. Dyno`d out just what Edelbrock says. If i can be anymore help let me know.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:54 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

The car is incredibly sensitive to that spring. The spring rate is very important to the car. As you see, even if the TB is aftermarket, it still needs that damn spring that Ford made. Can't fab your own spring or come up with one from some other place (other than a Mustang GT TB).

Good luck finding a new spring. Your best bet is to get one off a wrecked Mustang GT.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
are the TBs a common problem amoung the E-Forces?? any variances in performance during the winter and extreme cold weather, particularly on start up?

Yeah, the vortechs got me paranoid.
Yeah, the 1st run of TB's from Edelbrock were all screwed up. They had bad springs inside them (its an internal spring, not the one you reuse from the stock TB). My 2nd TB was one of the 1st ones out of the batch that were supposed to be good. It would not surprise me if by mistake my 2nd TB still had a spring in it from this group of bad springs.

Several months later, I got my 3rd TB. Surely by now all the bad springs have been rounded up and shipped off to go clog up the deepwater horizon well off the coast of Louisiana.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:33 PM
atv4fun

Originally Posted by WestcoasterRT
Not sure why you can`t buy that from Ford, but if you can`t then i would look at trying a junk yard maybe? Sorry i can`t be anymore help on that part.
As far as the problem i had with my TB, once i got my new replacement i haven`t had any problems, its been running great. Dyno`d out just what Edelbrock says. If i can be anymore help let me know.
Yeah I've already checked with all the local junk yards, they don't have anything. I figure my next step will be to do a national search of junk yards via the internet, craigslist and ebay.

Thanks to all those fellow stangers out there for your support and ideas, you've been very helpful.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
great numbers

Thats right about 100 more whp than I got now.. must be a blast to drive!
but u are faster than me, cuz i drive sucks lol..
Old 07-05-2010, 03:49 PM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

How I would of been pissed if I had to go thru all of that, but at least your up and running now.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:20 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Yeah, the 1st run of TB's from Edelbrock were all screwed up. They had bad springs inside them (its an internal spring, not the one you reuse from the stock TB). My 2nd TB was one of the 1st ones out of the batch that were supposed to be good. It would not surprise me if by mistake my 2nd TB still had a spring in it from this group of bad springs.

Several months later, I got my 3rd TB. Surely by now all the bad springs have been rounded up and shipped off to go clog up the deepwater horizon well off the coast of Louisiana.
somehow, re-using the stock spring sounds like a horrible idea to begin with lulz

Originally Posted by rydeordie
How I would of been pissed if I had to go thru all of that, but at least your up and running now.
Almost as pissed off as someone would be if they just installed their vortech supercharger, only to find a warning sheet stuffed at the bottom of the box in a nice neat envelope stating that the supercharger unit cannot be started up at -25 degrees or it will blow up, and they will not cover it and the only way to avoid it is to use a heating pad/blanket, engine block heater and a garage with a shop light on the supercharger unit itself before starting it. Or it WILL explode. No joke. They told me themselves.

Hey, raywang05, what times did you run??

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!