Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 PM
atv4fun

Originally Posted by WestcoasterRT
When i got mine installed i had a problem with the idle, it was at 1200 to 1500 RPMs and thru a code for the throttle. Contacted Edelbrock and had to run a few checks to find out the throttle was bad. They over night shipped me a new one and i haven`t had a problem since.
I spoke to Rob at Edelbrock about an hour ago. The short story is they are sending me a new throttle body via overnight delivery.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Glad to hear Rob hooked you up! Those guys were great after I installed mine.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:08 PM
rm9792
1st Gear Member

Hunt my thread down, I had all kinds of coding nightmares. Replaced the TB motor twice, Edelbrock sent a different little spring, then had to get a custom tune put on at a dyno shop to clear it up. I and the Ford dealer mechanic had to work with one of their engineers to finally get it all cleared up. I am under the impression the tune was just bad fromedelbrock.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rm9792
Hunt my thread down, I had all kinds of coding nightmares. Replaced the TB motor twice, Edelbrock sent a different little spring, then had to get a custom tune put on at a dyno shop to clear it up. I and the Ford dealer mechanic had to work with one of their engineers to finally get it all cleared up. I am under the impression the tune was just bad fromedelbrock.
but she runs like a champ now, right??
Old 07-01-2010, 09:39 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I'm on my 3rd Edelbrock t-body. The first one was bad right out of the box. Similar check engine lights, wrench light, no start. The replacement lasted 8 months, then started idling funny, similar engine codes, wrench lights, car stalls, doesn't want to start.

That was last month. So I currently have about a month's time on my 3rd t-body with no issues.

They said the 1st batch of t-bodies had a spring that had too much manufacturing variance in it. Also said they have a new supplier that is supposed to give giving them better springs. So my 2nd t-body was supposed to be a good one.

Don't know what happened there, but it had to have been something with that spring.

All else was good. Believe me I've learned how to install an E-Force with my eyes closed by now.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Although my TB was replaced soon after my install, it was not throwing any codes, just had some minor idle surging issues. But my original canned tune had problems as well and was running very lean. Nothing that a good dyno tune would not solve that was done on Edelbrock's dime. No issues since and I have one of first the units installed (s/n 0007), so I am going on 1.5 years with it installed.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

are the TBs a common problem amoung the E-Forces?? any variances in performance during the winter and extreme cold weather, particularly on start up?

Yeah, the vortechs got me paranoid.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 AM
atv4fun

Originally Posted by shanec
I'm on my 3rd Edelbrock t-body. The first one was bad right out of the box. Similar check engine lights, wrench light, no start. The replacement lasted 8 months, then started idling funny, similar engine codes, wrench lights, car stalls, doesn't want to start.

That was last month. So I currently have about a month's time on my 3rd t-body with no issues.

They said the 1st batch of t-bodies had a spring that had too much manufacturing variance in it. Also said they have a new supplier that is supposed to give giving them better springs. So my 2nd t-body was supposed to be a good one.

Don't know what happened there, but it had to have been something with that spring.

All else was good. Believe me I've learned how to install an E-Force with my eyes closed by now.
Holy crap! I hope I don't have to go through 3 TB before I can get a good one. I should know for sure later today when TB 2 shows up. Rob at Edelbrock did mention they had some idle spring issues in the past. Maybe I'll get lucky with this new TB will have the new springs.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

damn, that really sucks about the springs.. wonder if any of the other TVS kits have this issue??
Old 07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
rm9792
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
but she runs like a champ now, right??
Has ran great since PSI tuned it. I am still paranoid and keep the tuner in the car to clear codes if needed. Dont get me wrong, I am happy with the kit and would recommend it.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!