Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

h pipe or x pipe??

Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 PM
LIKESITRIGHT
1st Gear Member

MAN, I AM TORN!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT KNOW WITCH ONE I WANT. DOES ANY BODY HAVE A USED ONE FOR SALE , MAYBE I WILL BUY BOTH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Darren05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
I know American Muscle and Bamachips do that. Are you positive that Brenspeed does as well?
Yes, as long as you bought the programmer from them, every time you purchase a part from them that needs an upgraded tune, they will do it for free. I've done this three times now. I've heard that Bamachips will send you a free tune even if you do not buy the part from them. Brenspeed does not do that, you have to buy the part from them to get the free tune.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:07 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

X-pipe = raspy

H-pipe = deep(er)

thats the way it was described to me but I have always had an h- pipe on any stang and IMO it is deeper with the H-pipe then the X but the X has a smoother tone to it which some call raspy which IMO is not the best term to describe it.

I vote get the H- pipe!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
thats the way it was described to me but I have always had an h- pipe on any stang and IMO it is deeper with the H-pipe then the X but the X has a smoother tone to it which some call raspy which IMO is not the best term to describe it.

I vote get the H- pipe!!!!
In my experience, the H-pipe does not give the nice flutter sound on shifts and deceleration like the X-pipe does....at least not as much. The prochamber may flutter a little more than an H, but not as much as an X.

Raspiness is dependent on muffler more than midpipe. Some types of mufflers just don't handle the 3-valve exhaust well and sound more like muffled firecrackers in the tailpipes or gravel being spun around in the mufflers.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:35 AM
provofam
1st Gear Member

I just picked up a Pypes O/R H pipe (still in the box) for $110 and hope to install it very soon. I'll let you know my thoughts on it after it gets installed. I'll try to post some sound clips as well. Before I bought this one I listened to lots of clips from YouTube and think I would be happy with either the X or the H pipe; but this deal was too good to pass on. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

I just bought my Pypes o/r H from Brenspeed for $140. Unfortunately, I had the stock pipe all taken out when the UPS man came...Upon opening the box, I found a set of Pypes muffler deletes instead of the o/r H. Brenspeed is making it right though. They're a good bunch to do business with.

Can't frigging wait...
Old 06-26-2009, 03:29 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Default H pipe with high flow cats

Does anyone make an h pipe with high flow cats? I'm in Texas and want to stay as leagal as I can. I like the thought of the deeper tone but can't seem to find a h pipe with hiflow cats.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

I go for inspection in 2011 At that time, I'll just throw the stock H back on.

Delaware RAWKS.
Lol Florida "RAWKS" =) we have NO emissions..

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
Raspiness is dependent on muffler more than midpipe. Some types of mufflers just don't handle the 3-valve exhaust well and sound more like muffled firecrackers in the tailpipes or gravel being spun around in the mufflers.
I totally agree with your post, it could not be any more correct.. As for a muffler that does not handle the exhaust as well and sounds like gravel and busted fireworks.. That would be Flowmasters with o/r x.. Sounds ricey as hell
Old 06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
DLZ314
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by geocomp
Does anyone make an h pipe with high flow cats? I'm in Texas and want to stay as leagal as I can. I like the thought of the deeper tone but can't seem to find a h pipe with hiflow cats.

MRT makes a catted H and those who have it, love it from what I've read.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:58 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I just bought my Pypes o/r H from Brenspeed for $140. Unfortunately, I had the stock pipe all taken out when the UPS man came...Upon opening the box, I found a set of Pypes muffler deletes instead of the o/r H. Brenspeed is making it right though. They're a good bunch to do business with.

Can't frigging wait...
Are you going to run the O/R H-Pipe with your SLPs?
Because that would be loud and raspy as hell!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: h pipe or x pipe??