Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Charge Motion delete plates?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Darren05
1st Gear Member

Question Charge Motion delete plates?

I have a question about how to have an inspection done if I have charge motion delete plates on my car. Can Brenspeed send me a inspection friendly tune so I can pass with the cmcd's ?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

If I am correct; if you do not currently have a tune for the delete plates, you are going to need a new tune after you install them. Are they already installed ? If so, and you have a tune for them, then you should be fine if you do not have a CEL.

This is to the best of my knowledge, but I am not 100% sure
Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Darren05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06stangGT
If I am correct; if you do not currently have a tune for the delete plates, you are going to need a new tune after you install them. Are they already installed ? If so, and you have a tune for them, then you should be fine if you do not have a CEL.

This is to the best of my knowledge, but I am not 100% sure
Yes I already have them installed with a tune, just wondering if I can pass inspection with a performance tune on my car. I can't put the stock tune back on since I have the delete plates installed so that option is out.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
lazyboy31614@aol.com
2nd Gear Member

I would be more worried about the off road H pipe, but yes you can get an emissions friendly tune written for your car
Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
GAP

You'll pass just fine as your are right now. CMDP's do not effect your emissions or emissions equipment. Generally, so long as you dont have an engine light, the O2 sensors turned off, or the cats removed, you'll pass emissions just fine.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Darren05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lazyboy31614@aol.com
I would be more worried about the off road H pipe, but yes you can get an emissions friendly tune written for your car
I have the stock H so i can just throw that on when I have the inspection done, I will have Brenspeed send me an inspection friendly tune. Just wasn't sure if the delete plates would effect anything.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Darren05
1st Gear Member

Thanks for ya'lls help!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

I Dont think you need to go through all of that. If you dont have a code thrown you should be able to pass inspection just fine.

Can someone confirm this ?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I have delete plates and they wont affect your inspection. You do need Brenspeed to write you an inspection tune, though. Its so they can turn the o2 sensors back on. They're off by default on their tunes. They wrote mine free of charge when I bought my setup from them. After 2 years I finally had to use it this past March and it worked like a charm. I forgot to load it my first go 'round and the car failed. I loaded the tune the next day and drove to the shop and passed. Hope that helps.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ffk_pennywise
I have delete plates and they wont affect your inspection. You do need Brenspeed to write you an inspection tune, though. Its so they can turn the o2 sensors back on. They're off by default on their tunes. They wrote mine free of charge when I bought my setup from them. After 2 years I finally had to use it this past March and it worked like a charm. I forgot to load it my first go 'round and the car failed. I loaded the tune the next day and drove to the shop and passed. Hope that helps.
So my tune from them has my rear o2's turned off right now ? Even though I have the stock midpipe / cats ? I had a state inspection done a few weeks ago here in NY and passed no problem.

And if that is the case, what happens when i get a tune without cats when i decide to remove them ? They should then infact turn off the rear o2's if they are not turned off already right ? And how would I pass inspection then ? Put the cats back on and have them send me a tune to go along with putting them back in ?

Quick Reply: Charge Motion delete plates?