Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shane's E-Force Install Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

HELP!!!

My first issue - my GT500 fuel pump instructions don't match the wires I have to work with.

I have de-pinned the blue/yellow wire and the green/violet wire from the stock connector that attaches to the fuel pump. These two wires are supposed to be inserted into a new connector like so (pic taken from somebody else's thread)

I've done that. With the connector oriented as pictured, the green wire is on the right, blue wire on the left.

Now here's the potential problem. The instructions say green wire shown above should line up with a red wire on the other side of the connector, and that the blue wire shown above should line up with a black wire on the other side of the connector.

PROBLEM: I don't have a red or green wire on the other side of the connector. Instead, I have another green/violet wire and a blue/yellow wire (same colors that I just detached from the stock connector and inserted into the new connector).

With wires inserted as shown in the picture, the old green/violet wire lines up with a new blue/yellow wire and the old blue/yellow wire lines up with the new green/violet wire.

So do I have it backwards or not? Should I flip is so that blue lines up with blue and green lines up with green? I dunno.

PS - another quirk....this wires on this new connector we are talking about was spliced by ford on to the wrong side of the rubber grommet. They were spliced into the cabin side of the grommet instead of the gas tank side of the grommet. Ugh...Found a way to deal with that though.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:33 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Well at least you're still making some good progress even without the tune.

My lock ring was a POS. It was stuck on there pretty good.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Maybe I spoke too soon.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:51 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ok shanec, here is my feeling on the
situation.

if you pulled the correct wires from the old
connector that used to plug into the top
of the fuel hat, then so far so good, these
are the fuel level sender wires.

if you have inserted them into the new
connector labeled SENDER CONNECTOR 2,
in the correct orientation, you are good to go.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:12 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-01-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:20 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

HAHAHAHA....I forgot to mention that Ford (THANKS FORD ##*$%^$#) didn't label ANY of the connectors. UGGGHHHH!!!!!

I'm laughing on the inside, really.

OK...so the only possible "damage" here is that my fuel gauge in the dash doesn't work and in that case all I do is flip the wires to make it work?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:22 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Here are pictures of what I'm looking at in my car

Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
OK...so the only possible "damage" here is that my fuel gauge in the dash doesn't work and in that case all I do is flip the wires to make it work?

That or generate tiny black holes that will eventually swallow the solar system dooming us all.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Another question - which comes from the fact that Ford did not label a single connector in this kit.

Here are my fuel pump driver connections.

I assume I did this right. Notice that Ford spliced the harness connector in half way between both fuel pump driver connectors. This adds to confusion since the harness it connects to is closest to the driver side pump driver.

At least the relay was closer to one side. Since instructions say to put the relay on the driver side, the connector closest to the relay is the one I connected to the driver side pump driver.

Hard to see in this pic, but the connector that I plugged into the passenger side fuel pump driver is the side that has the power wire (that will run to the fuse box) spliced into it.

This "looks" like it ought to be correct to me. But since nothing is labeled I'd like your opinions.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:26 AM
rm9792
1st Gear Member

I agree the instructions for the FP driver modules sucked, I gave up decoding them and just plugged everything in to where it matched up and it worked by some miracle. I came to the conclusion it didnt really matter which module was which as they both went to the same place and pumped into the same lines. Also, I dont remember for sure but i would swear on my 05 it was a red and black wire at the tank. My fuel didnt work at first but I unplugged and replugged the new connector and it has worked ever since.

Quick Reply: Shane's E-Force Install Thread