Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is BamaChips still in business?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:19 PM
06BamaGT

i donno if u have checked the site lately but there is a notice in the home page that reads...NOTICE:
Due to our enormous amount of recent orders and email traffic we are closing our phone lines until Monday to catch up on both orders and emails. We are truly very far behind because we are on the phones from the second we arrive until we leave. Please bear with us and email us if you have any questions that require our immediate attention. We are working on orders and hope to have everything caught up by this Monday, Sept 14, and will open our phone lines back up then.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

I called this morning and the phone was answered right away...
Old 09-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

I have had a CAI/Tuner package on order with them since 8/07, and have been told by Matt twice that it was shipping the next day, and it never did. I talked to Doug today and he said that he had taken care of his problem and that Matt was no longer there. He guaranteed me that he would ship my package out today, and about two hours later I received a UPS tracking notification email that it had shipped. Hopefully he can get back to the customer service level that I had read about before making my decision to buy from them, but it seems that he will need some help.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

VMP Tuning, folks.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
VMP Tuning, folks.
Tell that to this guy...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...ama-chips.html

Nobody's perfect!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
brad281
4th Gear Member

I could never get a call answered or email back from Doug. That's why I went with brenspeed and am happy I did.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:02 PM
kentompkins
1st Gear Member

Default Got the tunes today.

Will let you know how they perform. I am sure they'll be awesome.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:03 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Doug needs to hire additional staff to accomodate his business growth.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:25 PM
CaliforniaSpecial631
1st Gear Member

i finally received a notice that my CAI/Tuner combo was shipped and due to come in today 3 weeks after the order. i can understand they were swamped and wasnt really upset until i opened the smaller than i expected box to find nothing but a tuner. i called Doug many times today and no answer. i then sent an email to him and am still awaiting a reply....ugghh!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaliforniaSpecial631
i finally received a notice that my CAI/Tuner combo was shipped and due to come in today 3 weeks after the order. i can understand they were swamped and wasnt really upset until i opened the smaller than i expected box to find nothing but a tuner. i called Doug many times today and no answer. i then sent an email to him and am still awaiting a reply....ugghh!
They are shipped separately, or at least when I got mine they were. I'd expect another package in the next day or so. You would have thought that the CAI would have arrived first though, given the holdup was the tuner being programmed.

Quick Reply: Is BamaChips still in business?