Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 02:35 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?

See? Just how easy it is to misunderstand the context of the written word as I have just done? Were good then? Great! I am still looking for that blurb from Jay to clarify... but honestly I thik it may have been from a conversation we had while I was at his shop. Again, not a fanboy... just a user.

BTW... I just stumbled onto the post about some of you guys / gals leaving the forums? Hope its not true. I find all of these thoughts refreshing and amusing at times as well. A lot of information has been passed from yourself and many others. I would hate to see it dry up the way other forums have in the past.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

I have the JLT CAI and have had no issues. I did know in advance that I needed to install a piece of pipe insulation to protect the tube, but that cost like $6 (including the pin to hold) at Home Depot.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:06 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

my post wasn't meant to go south either. i was just sticking up for a friend. i do own a JLT intake, but i don't own an 05 with a JLT intake. i'm just saying its a good intake and don't count it out just yet.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:12 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Hey Don,

This is interesting, wouldn't that mean that the stored heat in the metal intake was given to the incoming air on its way to the engine?

[quote]ORIGINAL: don_w

I have noticed that the C&L tube is cooler after a run, than it is before.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:55 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

No worries... I was just trying to lighten the air a bit. I have one, like it and plan on using it for some time. But I am still very interested in the one from up North.
ORIGINAL: WHT00GT

my post wasn't meant to go south either. i was just sticking up for a friend. i do own a JLT intake, but i don't own an 05 with a JLT intake. i'm just saying its a good intake and don't count it out just yet.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:00 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I don't see too many people on this board talking about the JLT, but there is another forum board that there are quite a few people on there that use it. He had some design issues where his intake tubes were becoming deformed because of heat. And I believe Jay came up with an aluminum insert for the PVC intake tube to take care of his existing customers issues. They were pretty disgruntled for a while. But to the best of my knowledge he got everyone taken care of. As for new sales I do not know if he changed design or if he is just using the inserts in the existing tube design.
Hahahah, some guy said in this forum a while back how his JLT intake was so much better than the C&L's because ours are made of metal and his dosn't transfer heat as much as the metal ones. I guess his just melted and then he had to put metal in it anyway LMFAO.
its your loss!!

dan, don't listen to the words of two people, do the research yourself. look on some different sites like www.modulardepot.com, www.tidewaterracing.com, www.modularfords.com. you will find there are ALOT of satisfied customers.
Whats my loss, that my intake tube dosn't melt? Yeah thats such a loss and btw I didn't even say that it's a bad setup, just that some idiot tried to say his was the $hi! and C&L's suck before I even heard of JLT and that dink was smelling burning plastic the next day. I guess it's your loss that your defending an inferior product.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:27 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I don't see too many people on this board talking about the JLT, but there is another forum board that there are quite a few people on there that use it. He had some design issues where his intake tubes were becoming deformed because of heat. And I believe Jay came up with an aluminum insert for the PVC intake tube to take care of his existing customers issues. They were pretty disgruntled for a while. But to the best of my knowledge he got everyone taken care of. As for new sales I do not know if he changed design or if he is just using the inserts in the existing tube design.
Hahahah, some guy said in this forum a while back how his JLT intake was so much better than the C&L's because ours are made of metal and his dosn't transfer heat as much as the metal ones. I guess his just melted and then he had to put metal in it anyway LMFAO.
its your loss!!

dan, don't listen to the words of two people, do the research yourself. look on some different sites like www.modulardepot.com, www.tidewaterracing.com, www.modularfords.com. you will find there are ALOT of satisfied customers.
I guess it's your loss that your defending an inferior product.
wow, look who decided to finally join the conversation. inferior product, i think not. i am done beating a dead horse on this, so i will say it again, its your loss. um kay
Old 07-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Dale Jarrett uses the C/L system on his mustangs he sales at his dealerships so I'll think I will stay with them.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:37 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, I didn't come back to this thread sooner, I had already said my piece about the melting intake, but your right...my loss huh.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:31 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

i run a steeda cia with the c&L intake tube.can you polish the jlt system? i have had great results polishing my intake tube. some of us are into getting a deal on HP vs $ and some of us are trying to get as much HP out of these this years engines before we do some thing wild like adding a S/C. me i am trying the best combo of parts and making my engine as efficient as possible.
ORIGINAL: nbk13nw

Funny how things can go south pretty quickly.

As I stated before... I have the JLYT and like it very much. I will admit that even though I supported Jay as much as one can on a forum, I did have some reservations about the product and the recent events. I went so far as to carry the stock intake, SCT and enough hand tools to revert back to stock on the road should the need arise.

I have since regained the confidence needed in the product to drive without concerns. I tink that Jay put it in perspective.

I wont quote him verbatim, but it was something like...

For the price of the JLT at @150.00 plus a tune, the deal is the best HP gains per $$$ on the market today. Other manufaturers offer more bells and whistles, some offer stronger tubes (CLT and others) while all of them at a higher price point running from $199.00 to over $400.00. If people want the metal tubes then they will need to spend more money to get that peice of mind.

Have I looked at other otions.. hell yes. I got the SCT tuner and the JLT for $250.00 total from a local guy that sold his GT. With that in mind... I got a discounted SCT and a free JLT. I have been looking very hard at the new CAI from the Western Motorsports group out of Canada. But at $369.00 plus shipping I realy want to see how it does in the real world. So obviously I am not loyal to a fualt. I just appreciate the fact that you get what you pay for and then some. think the JLT is a great purchase at that price.. any higher and I would have gone to another CAI kit.

Quick Reply: JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?