Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 12:25 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?

What opinion? I did not state an opinion about the product. ONCE AGAIN, all I stated were facts, including the fact that Jay did get the issue solved. I could have also posted plenty of links of people complaining about how the JLT does not have a bracket of any kind to hold it in place, or how the filter keeps popping off the tube, or any number of other issues that other people have ran across with his product. But I didn't. Still, they are facts, not MY OPINION as you keep pointing out.

So tell me, how well does your JLT perform on your 05 Mustang GT anyway? I mean since the 05 is completely different and all the aftermarket parts for it are new technology then you must be defending Jay and his product so animately because of first hand knowledge with a 05, right?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

i feel like i am arguing with my ex, and that wasn't worth the breath.. so i will say good luck with your steeda CAI and hope everything works out for ya... as for everyone else, www.jlttruecoldair.com.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman
So tell me, how well does your JLT perform on your 05 Mustang GT anyway?
HAHAHAHA,
That's awesome!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:39 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

ORIGINAL: hawgman
So tell me, how well does your JLT perform on your 05 Mustang GT anyway?
HAHAHAHA,
That's awesome!!!

that was awesome, wasn't it... hehehehehehe ***
Old 07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Yet you didn't answer the question....

And thanks for the luck wishes with my Steeda CAI. No well wishes for the C&L intake tube ( that I have no melting problems with )? Come on man, if you're going to be a smart ***, commit and do it whole heartedly.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:55 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Funny how things can go south pretty quickly.

As I stated before... I have the JLT and like it very much. I will admit that even though I supported Jay as much as one can on a forum, I did have some reservations about the product and the recent events. I went so far as to carry the stock intake, SCT and enough hand tools to revert back to stock on the road should the need arise.

I have since regained the confidence needed in the product to drive without concerns. I tink that Jay put it in perspective.

I wont quote him verbatim, but it was something like...

For the price of the JLT at @150.00 plus a tune, the deal is the best HP gains per $$$ on the market today. Other manufaturers offer more bells and whistles, some offer stronger tubes (CLT and others) while all of them at a higher price point running from $199.00 to over $400.00. If people want the metal tubes then they will need to spend more money to get that peice of mind.

Have I looked at other otions.. hell yes. I got the SCT tuner and the JLT for $250.00 total from a local guy that sold his GT. With that in mind... I got a discounted SCT and a free JLT. I have been looking very hard at the new CAI from the Western Motorsports group out of Canada. But at $369.00 plus shipping I realy want to see how it does in the real world. So obviously I am not loyal to a fualt. I just appreciate the fact that you get what you pay for and then some. think the JLT is a great purchase at that price.. any higher and I would have gone to another CAI kit.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:56 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Another funny thing... I just noticed that everyone involved is "online" at the forums... Are those dark clouds moving in?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nbk13nw

Funny how things can go south pretty quickly.

As I stated before... I have the JLYT and like it very much. I will admit that even though I supported Jay as much as one can on a forum, I did have some reservations about the product and the recent events. I went so far as to carry the stock intake, SCT and enough hand tools to revert back to stock on the road should the need arise.

I have since regained the confidence needed in the product to drive without concerns. I tink that Jay put it in perspective.

I wont quote him verbatim, but it was something like...

For the price of the JLT at @150.00 plus a tune, the deal is the best HP gains per $$$ on the market today. Other manufaturers offer more bells and whistles, some offer stronger tubes (CLT and others) while all of them at a higher price point running from $199.00 to over $400.00. If people want the metal tubes then they will need to spend more money to get that peice of mind.

Have I looked at other otions.. hell yes. I got the SCT tuner and the JLT for $250.00 total from a local guy that sold his GT. With that in mind... I got a discounted SCT and a free JLT. I have been looking very hard at the new CAI from the Western Motorsports group out of Canada. But at $369.00 plus shipping I realy want to see how it does in the real world. So obviously I am not loyal to a fualt. I just appreciate the fact that you get what you pay for and then some. think the JLT is a great purchase at that price.. any higher and I would have gone to another CAI kit.
This post is probably the best answer for anyone looking at the JLT. Good post. Thanks nbk13nw.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:25 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Not meaning to degrade the JLT. The performance at any cost seems to be better than others out there. But cost is certainly a component of the purchase decision. For the money it cannot be beat. For another hundred or so they get other options. I am sorry if that post was taken a a slam to Jay... that is certainly not what was intended. Let me find Jay's post and quote instead.

Edit: My spelling sucks on a laptop
Old 07-12-2005, 02:30 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I did not look at it as a slam, or any other way other than it just being an honest opinion from someone that actually owns the product.

Quick Reply: JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?