Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

saleen supercharger on gt

Old 12-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Brenspeed has done extensive work with the S197 models and FI. It's not a matter of IF it can handle the big power, it's a matter of how long. I think he had a couple of his pushing 14 (or higher like 16) psi but he wasn't comfortable doing that for too long and was going to drop to a more reasonable level for the stocker.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 PM
SVTERMINAT0R
1st Gear Member

this is my daily drive car so im gonna be beating on it every day i definelty wanna be on safe side i was goin to upgrade my car according to ppl who really knows what they talking about but now i really changed my mind
i dont wanna stressfull ride i dont wanna think about if my engine is gonna blow up i rather having less hp but healthy engine so i can get on it
my final is im gonna keep the 39lb injectors 3.2 pulley gt500 fuel pump tune 10 psi the most thats it do you see any danger there ?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTERMINAT0R
this is my daily drive car so im gonna be beating on it every day i definelty wanna be on safe side i was goin to upgrade my car according to ppl who really knows what they talking about but now i really changed my mind
i dont wanna stressfull ride i dont wanna think about if my engine is gonna blow up i rather having less hp but healthy engine so i can get on it
my final is im gonna keep the 39lb injectors 3.2 pulley gt500 fuel pump tune 10 psi the most thats it do you see any danger there ?
you'll be fine with th 39lb injectors. i've been thinking about running a 3.2 pulley, but they are really borderline safe. as some of the other members have stated, the more hp you try to push through a stock motor, the shorter the lifespan of the motor will be. I run a 3.4 pulley and have two tunes-an aggressive tune and a conservative tune. i found the conservative tune is enough fun for DD. Since the aggressive tune has more pull in the upper RPM (above 3K), I use it only when racing. For street use, you really don't need to be above 4K, esp if your in an auto.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Here's someone that blew their stock motor up on 10psi.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost....2&postcount=32
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

i just picked up my gt500 dual fuel pump on black friday 8-) from jdm engineer in nj for $675 im all set i guess i got 2.8 pulley. belt. 2400 air meter. 60lb injectors . x calibrator 3.... im gonna be running 14 psi
for now im running with my stock headers o/r x pipe pypes mid muffler system let see how much hp im gonna get out of this set up ill post my dyno vids im guessing im looking at 490 rwhp what u think ?
I think you will be fine. boost doesn't neccarily blow the motor, its a bad tune (detenation) that will blow the motor. At 14psi you should see 500+ rwhp on pump gas (hopefully 93 octane) I have a buddy in Jacksonville making 520rwhp with similiar Saleen setup on 93 octane with no problems.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

I would up grade the injectors with a 3.2 pulley, don't need to but your tuner will appericate it. I am making 9.5psi on the street with a 3.4 pulley, with a 3.2 you should see around 11psi.

I drive my car everyday that it's not raining, had the SC installed for 2yrs now no problems I probably have 500+ track passes. As long as the tune in good the car should last outside of some freak miss hap.

BTW: what tension are you running? Your going to have belt slip with that pulley, unless you have an 8 rib setup.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

People always say that it's in the tune. While that's true it's only true up to a point. Put 20 pounds on a stock motor. See what happens.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:51 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

You should be fine with a 3.2 and 39 lb-ers. I've been running that setup for 15K miles on my stock auto and nothing has broke. I credit that to JDM. For one thing, their tunes don't seem to ever blow up motors and drive daily very nicely. I've ran several other tunes and will no longer let anyone else tune my car, HP numbers be damned. This winter, while in storage i will be goping to the 3.0 and will probably need new injectors and MAF too. I feel confident in their tune.