Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A Ford Dealer Wouldnt Honor My Waranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:18 AM
xxPIKExx

Angry A Ford Dealer Wouldnt Honor My Waranty

Anything like this happen to anyone else???

I took my car to a Ford dealer close to home, not the one I bought it from to take a look at a rear brake squeak and it seemed to ride a little unbalanced at lower speeds. I've had this thing for literally 3 weeks and it has 600 miles. After sitting there for 4 hours he comes back at me with a bent rear axle, and refused to fix it, REFUSED TO HONOR THE WARRANTY. Told me to take it back to where it was purchased and have them " diagnose rear axle ". Now I look at my right rear rotor and grooves are obviously being worn into it. I love Ford. Ive had 6 Mustangs. I currently own 3. I called Ford and it's been a week and noone is getting back to me. I spoke to the service manager at the dealer I purchesed it from, and he assured me that he would repair the car to new condition, but now I want some answers. Why would a dealer refuse my warranty work, and who do I go to to get refunded for my time and trouble.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by xxPIKExx
Anything like this happen to anyone else???

I took my car to a Ford dealer close to home, not the one I bought it from to take a look at a rear brake squeak and it seemed to ride a little unbalanced at lower speeds. I've had this thing for literally 3 weeks and it has 600 miles. After sitting there for 4 hours he comes back at me with a bent rear axle, and refused to fix it, REFUSED TO HONOR THE WARRANTY. Told me to take it back to where it was purchased and have them " diagnose rear axle ". Now I look at my right rear rotor and grooves are obviously being worn into it. I love Ford. Ive had 6 Mustangs. I currently own 3. I called Ford and it's been a week and noone is getting back to me. I spoke to the service manager at the dealer I purchesed it from, and he assured me that he would repair the car to new condition, but now I want some answers. Why would a dealer refuse my warranty work, and who do I go to to get refunded for my time and trouble.
dont know why they wouldnt honor it but if the original dealer that you purchased it from is willing to fix it up then just go get it done and forget about it. not work you spending more time and effort for no reason.

Last edited by howarmat; 04-24-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
CSS996
2nd Gear Member

Well, the first thing to do is play the game, and get the car fixed where you bought it. But I would still want the *** of the DB that refused to fix a car under warranty.

I would ask the service manager at the place where you bought the car to tell you how to file a formal complaint against the other place. And you now know where NOT to go for any other service issues. Too bad, since it was closer to home.

I hope the selling dealership isn't too far away.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

The only thing I could think after reading this is that the other dealer noticed how few miles were on your car and that the selling dealer should be held responsible for selling you a car with a problem. I'm sure that if it were anything else that they would have been happy to help you. Not too many places can afford to turn down business.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sounds like the dealership you took it to is full of dbags. They should never have turned you down. They get compensated by Ford. I never had a problem with my warranty, the one time I had to use it. The 2 dealerships I stopped at took me under their wing, but ended up going to the 2nd one because the part was not available at the time and both places had to order. The 2nd was much closer to my workplace.

You should complain to Ford HQ. They deserve it.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

I'm surprised they refused the warranty work as they would be reimbursed by ford. Must have been a real idiot.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by brad281
I'm surprised they refused the warranty work as they would be reimbursed by ford. Must have been a real idiot.
they are if FORD approves the work. we might be missing some facts to the story, like how it got bent perhaps
Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

+1. I suspect they refused the work because there was something funky going on there. If this was a used car it could have been bought by the previous dealer with the damage already on it. If it was new it could have been damaged by the other dealer or on a test drive. Either way, this dealer just said they don't want to mess with it. The first thing Ford is going to ask is "How the heck did this get bent?" A bent part is not a normal warranty item. Something caused it to bend.

Same as when I bought my car. The dealer I bought it from installed an alarm for when it was on their floor. I didn't want to pay $450 for this after market alarm, so they disarmed it. After the disarming the alarm caused my dash cluster to have electrical problems. I took it to a dealer near me to be fixed, but I went in knowing full well that if they denied it I would take it back to the original dealer and tell them flat out "You broke it, you fix it!" Fortunately they didn't deny it, so I had no issues.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

IMO a bent axle wouldnt be warranty- ever...if the original dealer 'missed' something like that during PDI, they might cover it- but in any event the only ways I could picture bending an axle would be sliding it around a corner and catching a curb(likely tire/wheel damage), or sliding in the snow hitting a curb or something sideways...either way, wouldnt be a warranty item IMO. If the dealer let it out for a wild testride and sold it with unknown damage, they should have to fix it- but wouldnt expect ford to pay for it.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM
white_lightning
2nd Gear Member

There is no incentive for a Ford dealer to deny warranty coverage. I also suspect we are missing facts. A dealer gets paid to fix ford vehicles. A bent axle does not seem like a manufacturing defect that would be covered under warranty...maybe its time to contact your insurance company.

Quick Reply: A Ford Dealer Wouldnt Honor My Waranty