Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Uh Oh. Possible Tranny Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Dealer said they found issue with counter shaft and 5th gear. Ford told them to overhaul it not replace it. Probably another week until I get it back.
Man that sucks.. But like others said, better it happen now rather than later. A week does suck though.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:44 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Stopped by dealer today ... They still don't have the parts and said probably won't have them until next Wednesday! It's sad seeing my GT up on the lift with the hood popped open and exhaust sitting on the floor underneath it every time I stop in for a status. Guess I won't check again now until next Friday.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

That sucks! Back in '01, my 98 T/A had a bad grind going into third. The dealership had the car for a week, replaced the synchros and 3rd gear. Upon completion, the trans locked up! Another week went by while GM sent a new T56, doh!
I feel your pain man.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:35 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Update ...

Dealer called ... they replaced whatever they were replacing in the tranny, put it all back together, took it for a road test and it is making the SAME noise! Ford is now sending them a new replacement TR3650 to install .... I sure hope that takes care of it ... they are estimating it should be ready to go by next Tuesday ....
Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Finally go the car back today with new transmission installed. Noise is gone .... glad that is all over with!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM
BAKnBLK2010
1st Gear Member

Good to here you finally got it fixed the right way. Hopefully no more problems for you!!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Fleming23

Just curious, did Wade Ford give you a loaner the entire time? Glad you got your car back! Hopefully you will be trouble free from here on out
Old 04-18-2010, 08:11 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

I would have taken that opportunity to add a new spec clutch while they had the tranny out of the car...lol
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Wade Ford is almost an hour away ... Billy Howell is 5 minutes so I had them replace the tranny. They also installed a new battery since the original was not holding a charge.

I did not get a loaner ..... I didn't even ask since I figured they would ask if I had an ESP ... which I cancelled last month. I know with the ESP you get a rental car for 10 days.

I have multiple vehicles so it wasn't a big deal for me.

The clutch pedal seems WAY softer than I remember ... there is like 0 resistance ... but maybe it was because I had been driving my 2009 Wrangler for the last 2 weeks and the clutch is a little heaver. Clutch is working fine but the lack of resistance freaked me out at first.

FYI ... I will be going to Wade Ford anyway. There was some lot damage to the passenger side door glass and I noticed they had replaced it with aftermarket glass. They have since ordered an OEM window after I complained and it their body shop has it. They have just been waiting for me to get my car out of Billy Howell so I can bring it in for the OEM glass install.

Last edited by dmhines; 04-18-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:49 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines

FYI ... I will be going to Wade Ford anyway. There was some lot damage to the passenger side door glass and I noticed they had replaced it with aftermarket glass. They have since ordered an OEM window after I complained and it their body shop has it. They have just been waiting for me to get my car out of Billy Howell so I can bring it in for the OEM glass install.
Finally all issues are resolved .....

Dealer replaced aftermarket glass with Ford OEM this morning ... then I promptly went and got my windows tinted ....

Quick Reply: Uh Oh. Possible Tranny Problem.