Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I FINAALY UNDERSTAND

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
momustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I FINAALY UNDERSTAND

In all seriousness though, I wasn't discrediting anyone who modifies their vehicle for improved performance, or customizes their ride to personalize it. Nor was I suggesting V6 owners have any less of a car than GT owners. I was very close to buying a V6 myself, but got giddy after test driving the GT.

In fact, I think ANY model-year Mustang (no matter what motor is in it) is a GREAT Mustang! My appreciation level for every generation of Mustangs skyrocketed after buying this one. That's why I can't understand why someone with a beautiful '02 Cobra (for example) would want to buy an after-market "05 bolt on body kit" to transform their ride into an '05 look-alike? I think they should be proud of the great-looking car they already have!

The bottom line is, I just don't get the concept of not being happy with what you have. Sure, I'll make some minor cosmetic modifications to mine, like some louvers and a new hood (functional), but when the GT500's come out, I'll still be just as proud to own this baby as I am now!

... but then again, I'm not a fake-breast fan either... maybe it's that age thing again?

Enjoy your Mustangs!
~Mo
Old 08-09-2005, 03:52 PM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

Today I finally found a GT that I would consider trading my V6 in for, a black auto, with everything one could imagine. MSRP was $29K and some change. I get to the car lot and find that the vehicle has been marked up to 36K.... Anyway, a long story short I took it for a test drive and to be honest, I like my V6 better. First off, my Magnaflow exhaust sounds better than the stock exhaust at start up and at cruising speed. Second, with CAI, Tune, headers and Gears my V6 takes off like a rocket, while the stock GT has the lag when you hit the gas. Yes, the GT had more power and yes, with the same Mods that I did to my V6 the GT would be a mean SOB, but for the moneyit would have cost for that, I may as well held out for a Cobra. I could not justify the cost of the GT compared to the V6. They offered me 18.5K, which is not horrid, but with all my Mods they would have turned around and sold it for 25-26K (They had a stock V6 with 20in wheels for 27K!!!!). In the end, I was just not all that impressed with the GT for the money that is wanted around here in the DC area. I think I will just put a SC on my V6 and blow the doors off all the stock GT's around. haha. Those of you who got your GT at MSRP, I envy you greatly. When I told the manager that they wanted to much, he acted like he was offended and how dare I ask for MSRP!! This is the way all ford dealers are in this area.... such a shame. Long live my V6!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 PM
momustang
1st Gear Member

Yeah, the dealers are really jacking up the prices now on the GTs due to the production cutoff and the zero in-stock availability of 06's.

~Mo