Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I get a 2011 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:44 PM
StuckInNYForever

Default Go for it!

I spent the last 12 years finding reasons why I shouldn't have a nice car - why I need a four door thats good on gas, and lacks in the fun department. I commute 20k miles per year in a lot of traffic. I am almost 37 now, and still find myself in a Hyundai.

I just put a deposit on a 2011 GT. It was everything I told myself I had been waiting for in a car. Around $30k, 400+ hp, decent mileage, nice, sporty, etc. I almost went for the Camaro SS last year, but it was too heavy for a sports car. It's even a manual tranny, which I am used to driving in heavy traffic all the time. I have been reading the clutch is very soft, and the ride is very comfortable. I drove a 2010 GT, and that was very comfortable with a soft clutch. I can't even begin to imagine how much better the 2011 is!

Bottom line, just do it. I know I will not regret it one bit. I even have the blessings of my wife, who listened to me whine about not driving a muscle car for years (though not of my kids since the back seat is quite small!).
Old 05-22-2010, 06:21 PM
anthony412hp

[QUOTE=anthony412hp;7017072]I just put a $500 down payment on the 2011 GT ...Soon to be delivered in 6-8 weeks...This is the Mustang I've been waiting for ............32 valve V 8 412 hp revs at 7000 rpm...what else is there to say.....Oh one other thing is the six speed manual...REMEMBER IT'S A MUSCLE CAR ! Having a hard time sleeping at night dreaming of this car, but soon my dream will come true ! For all of you out there thinking about it, don't think to hard ! It's a no brainer.I ve been putting this off for years ! I mean YEARS !! I'll be 47 come august, How long should a man wait for his toy ??
Old 05-22-2010, 06:22 PM
anthony412hp

anthony412hp............I just put a $500 down payment on the 2011 GT ...Soon to be delivered in 6-8 weeks...This is the Mustang I've been waiting for ............32 valve V 8 412 hp revs at 7000 rpm...what else is there to say.....Oh one other thing is the six speed manual...REMEMBER IT'S A MUSCLE CAR ! Having a hard time sleeping at night dreaming of this car, but soon my dream will come true ! For all of you out there thinking about it, don't think to hard ! It's a no brainer.I ve been putting this off for years ! I mean YEARS !! I'll be 47 come august, How long should a man wait for his toy ??[/QUOTE]
Old 05-22-2010, 06:24 PM
anthony412hp

Old 05-22-2010, 06:57 PM
StuckInNYForever

We are in the same boat, except you tortured yourself for an extra 10 years! Good luck with yours, Anthony. My gut feeling is that you will have to change your forum name after you add an intake and tune! Mine won't stay 412hp for very long!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:20 AM
njsec50

Originally Posted by StuckInNYForever
I spent the last 12 years finding reasons why I shouldn't have a nice car - why I need a four door thats good on gas, and lacks in the fun department. I commute 20k miles per year in a lot of traffic. I am almost 37 now, and still find myself in a Hyundai.

Bottom line, just do it. I know I will not regret it one bit. I even have the blessings of my wife, who listened to me whine about not driving a muscle car for years (though not of my kids since the back seat is quite small!).
Will you be using it on your DD?

Thanks to everyone for the input. If I do pull the trigger I want a 2011 GT, the power does matter to me. I don't know why I'm being talked out of it. But my family is all for it. The snow is my only worry. I don't look to go out in it, by sometimes s**t happens. I've been considering a new car for over a year and only the GT interests me so far (vs Challenger or Camaro). I've driven a Camry, Altima and Sentra and it wasn't too exciting. Nice cars though.

I have a 88 Monte ss for 22 yrs, orig 305. It's in good shape but I just do usual maintenance/repairs. It was hit so it had body work and a new paint job several yrs ago. It's fine local, but I wouldn't trust it on a road trip. Get on the NJ turnpike and it really labors, and gets only 7 mph city. When I do get a new car, I'll probably keep it around for family to use. Driving only 4K miles/yr, I can keep it going, even with it's existing problems. It's like Al Bundy and his Dodge. But I refuse to pour a ton of money into it, just burn it into the ground.

I have some decisions to make..
Old 05-23-2010, 09:58 AM
96MysticJC
1st Gear Member

Whichever you prefer, your money your choice.. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 AM
DanB2398

I think i am gonna get one my 08 overheated once cause the jackass at the dealership forgot to plug the fan back in. That may hurt my 08 down the road plus i really want that 412 hp. I was shocked at the price though it was gonna be way more but almost the same
Old 05-23-2010, 10:14 AM
SSC Super Venom

Ya go for it I'm 15 and people think that these cars are for people who are young, incase you havent looked at the price tag they dont have a price for young people
Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

I'm only 5'10" but my father in law is about 6'4". He drove mine a few times and loved it. So he bought a 2008 GT. He hasn't complained about it yet. Oh yeah, his car and mine both have the 6 way power adjustable drivers seat.

Quick Reply: Should I get a 2011 GT?