Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Delete Plates

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Krazed
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Delete Plates

Interesting cobra, I would like to know as well. Could save myself some $$$.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:36 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Delete Plates

ORIGINAL: cobra1990r

I talked to one of the tuners at Diablosport who is very well known in Mustang Racing and he advised me not to even do the Steeda Plates because of the tuning issue and the lack of power they actually made on the dyno. I told him we where going to remove the stock paltes and delete the butterfly's but he said it was not worth the trouble. Has anyone done just the plates and dynoed the car to see the difference? Let me know your thoughts and what you have seen as far as power goes.

Hi corba1990r,

The Steeda CMCP are only good for about 8-10RWHP above 4,000RPM. The CMCP's are a proven source of power and have been reported on by many reliable sources with dynos that line up with other well known testers. It's no secret that they are limited in what they do and in the RPM range they operate in and that you need a tuner to get them to work best but they DO work.

How much trouble they are to install is relative, IMO the CMCP are an easy item to install with hand tools in your garage. Far easier than doing pulleys for the same HP gain and the CMCP's require no extra tools to buy for the average well equiped car guy. Of course to some of us the no extra tool requirement is a turn off as we'd like any excuse to go put and buy a new tool to house in our roll-a-ways, at least I do!

I expect to do my own supercharger install in a few months once Saleen gets the bugs worked out of their new twin screw blower. Wednesday I'm installing my Tokico D Spec struts and rear dampers to go along with my Eibach ProKit springs.

Cheers