Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best price for intercooled Twin Screw???

Old 06-13-2010, 12:41 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
If I were you I would not buy anything that I was not 100% happy with. I would wait until I had the money. The difference between the $4500 kits and $6500 kits are night and day. In order to make the cheaper kits complete and get the satisfaction you are looking for, you end up spending another $2500 in parts and labor.
ditto.. I agree 100%. Picking out the right blower is the same as picking the right girl..

pick the one that makes your heart race and salivate uncontrollably

- whip out your credit card, pay for her, and get blown!

Anything less and you'll be regretting it later on,

you'll be unhappy, stuck with a giant paper weight and trying to sell her for cheap...

(the blower, not the girl)
Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 AM
stangpilot08
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=stealth_GT;7054587]whip out your credit card, pay for her, and get blown!
[QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh this morning Stealth! I really needed that today
Old 06-14-2010, 10:24 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

[QUOTE=stangpilot08;7055904][QUOTE=stealth_GT;7054587]whip out your credit card, pay for her, and get blown!

Thanks for the laugh this morning Stealth! I really needed that today
No problem

rough morning, eh??
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

The saleens are really expensive now. Just as much as a whipple.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Then get a KB.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:57 AM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

J&M hotpart sells intercooled magnacharger kits for $3850, IMO there is no better value out there than that, if you have a trusted tuner close by I wouldn't hesitate on that kit. another good one I think is the R2300, call yates performance and see if their $5199 kit will fit a pre 2010 model, I think you will still need a tune a boost a pump and plugs, but that is still cheaper than most of the other kits like KB or edelbrock.

KB has the largerst blower but the kit is priced the same as saleen, edelbrock and cheaper than whipple, that means if you ever build the motor the KB is going to be the better choice, but you have to balance that between getting better service and support from buying a saleen or EB kit from breenspeed
Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ditto.. KB makes some awesome blower kits..
Old 06-15-2010, 07:15 AM
stangpilot08
1st Gear Member

I would love to put on a KB or Whipple polished simply for the "BLING" of these kits. Hell, even ATI's Procharger polished. I am seeing places where you can get the polished tubing for the Voretch and Paxton, but when you tack on that kind of pricey upgrade, might as well have gone with twins! IMO
Old 06-27-2010, 08:19 PM
stangpilot08
1st Gear Member

Okay... Got a line on a used Whipple Non IC kit, but have a couple questions that I can't seem to find the answers too. I will need a hand held tuner for this kit as it does not seem that the Pro Cal unit from Ford is transferable (for obvios reasons). Does anyone know a company that has a canned tune writted for the Whipple in a SCT or Diablo and how much... Secondly, I can't find the HO kit for the Whipple as an add on. I went to Whipples site and can't even find one there???
Old 06-27-2010, 08:56 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stangpilot08
Okay... Got a line on a used Whipple Non IC kit, but have a couple questions that I can't seem to find the answers too. I will need a hand held tuner for this kit as it does not seem that the Pro Cal unit from Ford is transferable (for obvios reasons). Does anyone know a company that has a canned tune writted for the Whipple in a SCT or Diablo and how much... Secondly, I can't find the HO kit for the Whipple as an add on. I went to Whipples site and can't even find one there???
Being from the south and knowing how hot it gets in the summer, i would really suggest finding a intercooled kit. $4400 for thr roush M90 intercooled and 100% complete. Yep, you all knew that was coming right...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best price for intercooled Twin Screw???