Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best price for intercooled Twin Screw???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:12 AM
stangpilot08
1st Gear Member

Default Best price for intercooled Twin Screw???

I am seriosly in the market for a supercharger and have been looking at the Paxton/Vortech kits because of their price. After tons of research and my power "wants", I really don't need a centri or turbo. I want to keep the stock block and internals, but don't want to go broke getting to 450rwhp. Can anyone tell me where to best place is to purchase a complete intercooled TS kit from? I have searched the internet for months and they all seem to be $6k or higher.

Any input is welcomed!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:55 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Call Steve at Tousley Ford in MN. Ask for the price on a M-6066-M118. The price will be shipped to your door. It will probably be over the 6k you mentioned but will be complete with dual pumps and a very good tune.

You could also go with the Roush TVS. Not really a TS but quite compareable.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

http://www.brenspeed.com/saleenstage1.html

If you have a tuner you can knock $200 off, and if you pay by check, or cash, you can take another $140 off

Last edited by Starfire; 06-12-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:09 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

whats wrong with a Centri?? lol

TS is the way to go if you want instant throttle off idle and massive low end torque, though overall power I'd still say centri or turbo all the way
Old 06-12-2010, 01:46 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire

If you have a tuner you can knock $200 off, and if you pay by check, or cash, you can take another $140 off
+1... I love my Saleen!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM
stangpilot08
1st Gear Member

I am familiar with Brenspeed for sure and have talked with Chandler on many ocassions, but I want this to be a DIY project. From all of the install intructions I have read, the Saleen seems to be one of the more difficult of intstalls and heavy units.

I am not against a centri in any sense of the word... I will probably end up having to go that way because of cost, but prefer the low end torque and HP across the entire power band in lieu of a spike at rpms (spooled boost).
Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM
stangpilot08
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire

I do have a tuner, but not one that will do me any good for a supercharger. Unfortunately I bought a Superchips Cortex (got a great deal) and they are limited severely on their tunes. CAI mainly.

The supercharger itself needs to be around the $4500 range because of the gauges and pods that also need to be added. Those just add insult to injury on the total cost out of pocket.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

If I were you I would not buy anything that I was not 100% happy with. I would wait until I had the money. The difference between the $4500 kits and $6500 kits are night and day. In order to make the cheaper kits complete and get the satisfaction you are looking for, you end up spending another $2500 in parts and labor.

My suggestion is to get a whipple or Kenne Bell intercooled kit that is complete with everything you will need. I have installed the KB and it was not hard. Whipple is supposed to not be so bad either.

There is nothing wrong with the centri's or turbos. I just prefer the TS after driving all 3 kinds.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

If it takes another 6 months to save the extra change, then save save save.

Satisfaction of purchase will be remembered much longer then the price paid.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM
white_lightning
2nd Gear Member

I was in the same boat, wanted to be blown reallll bad. Looked at cheaper kits, and used kits, centri kits. In the end, saved for a few more months and bought the Whipple instead, no regrets here.

Most guys are only going to F/I once; so do it right and get what you want the first time! Tousley Ford and Lethal Performance have good deals on the Whipple kits if you go that way...

Quick Reply: Best price for intercooled Twin Screw???