Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?

It is only 150 dollars from Jlt. It it as good as the Steen or C/L? www.jlttruecoldair.com
Old 07-11-2005, 08:49 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?

I don't see too many people on this board talking about the JLT, but there is another forum board that there are quite a few people on there that use it. He had some design issues where his intake tubes were becoming deformed because of heat. And I believe Jay came up with an aluminum insert for the PVC intake tube to take care of his existing customers issues. They were pretty disgruntled for a while. But to the best of my knowledge he got everyone taken care of. As for new sales I do not know if he changed design or if he is just using the inserts in the existing tube design.

To answer your question, I am not familiar with the "Steen" CAI. The C&L's are good. The Steeda's are good. I personally run a Steeda CAI with a C&L intake tube. Take the best from both and combine
Old 07-11-2005, 10:40 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

I bought a JLT several months ago and took a trip to Jay's shop across the water. He set me up with the billet insert and I absolutely love this thing. Great guy and a quick fix as well. Cant be beat for the money.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Brain
1st Gear Member

Mine came in Saturday. It's got the billet insert and looks great. I had it painted Sonic Blue to match the car. I want to get through the break-in period before I put it on though...about 550 miles to go. I can't wait to get this thing on.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:26 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I don't see too many people on this board talking about the JLT, but there is another forum board that there are quite a few people on there that use it. He had some design issues where his intake tubes were becoming deformed because of heat. And I believe Jay came up with an aluminum insert for the PVC intake tube to take care of his existing customers issues. They were pretty disgruntled for a while. But to the best of my knowledge he got everyone taken care of. As for new sales I do not know if he changed design or if he is just using the inserts in the existing tube design.
Hahahah, some guy said in this forum a while back how his JLT intake was so much better than the C&L's because ours are made of metal and his dosn't transfer heat as much as the metal ones. I guess his just melted and then he had to put metal in it anyway LMFAO.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:05 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

Hahahah, some guy said in this forum a while back how his JLT intake was so much better than the C&L's because ours are made of metal and his dosn't transfer heat as much as the metal ones. I guess his just melted and then he had to put metal in it anyway LMFAO.
I remember that... and since I have been running at the track, I have noticed that the C&L tube is cooler after a run, than it is before. The incoming air overwhelms any heat from the engine compartment. In fact, I read test results somewhere recently (wish I could remember where), where ambient air was measured at 78F and the C&L intake air temp was 76F. And the temp in the manifold was 10-15 degrees hotter. The real problem is heat soak in the engine, not the CAI... I am currently looking to add an electric water pump to help that problem by cooling the engine between runs.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

thanks guys, I can always rely on great answers here. This is a great website. I think personally I will pass on the Jlt. Hawgman sorry I did mean Steeda on the induction item.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:11 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

its your loss!!

dan, don't listen to the words of two people, do the research yourself. look on some different sites like www.modulardepot.com, www.tidewaterracing.com, www.modularfords.com. you will find there are ALOT of satisfied customers.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:26 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Any perticular reason you feel the need to be a dick, or was it just "your day". What did I say that was incorrect? Did Jay not have melting problems with the intake tubes for 05's? Did he not have to redesign them? Did he not have to get existing customers an insert for them? Which part of that is incorrect? I didn't bad mouth him, his company or his product. All I did was state facts. And as for taking two people's word for something, I do agree. He should not. But I can also provide him with a link or two to some forum threads filled with people pissed off about Jay's product. But I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt ( since I don't own one ) and simply state facts.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:38 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

Any perticular reason you feel the need to be a dick, or was it just "your day". What did I say that was incorrect? Did Jay not have melting problems with the intake tubes for 05's? Did he not have to redesign them? Did he not have to get existing customers an insert for them? Which part of that is incorrect? I didn't bad mouth him, his company or his product. All I did was state facts. And as for taking two people's word for something, I do agree. He should not. But I can also provide him with a link or two to some forum threads filled with people pissed off about Jay's product. But I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt ( since I don't own one ) and simply state facts.
you gave your opinion on the jlt intake and i gave mine. why do i have to be a dick because i stated mine.?.? there were some issues and when they came about, jay took care of them as soon as he could. the customer always left %100 satisfied with his product. anyway...

like i said dan, do the research and you will see the difference in gains

-Dick

Quick Reply: JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE/Does anyone own one?