Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2010 GT Negotiation with X-plan

Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevworthy
I went to my local dealer who had a '10 GT Vert that I wanted, and the sales manager was going to make me roll over 3800 neg equity from my '07 GT/CS. He refused to work with me on my trade making my payment go up 60 bucks a month, so I went across the bay to a volume Ford dealer and they dealer traded the car and we worked it out with 0% and gap ins, my payment went down......I got a great deal on my '07 GT/CS Vert late in the model year and I figure I will go back in a couple of years and grab an end of model year 5.0 Vert for the same type of deal.
Don't tell Sam that, he's an expert on what every other dealer will do, and he knows they won't sell 2010 GT's for more than $3000 under invoice. :lol:

Glad you got $3,800 in negative equity taken off the price of the 2010 GT (and possibly additional taken off), along with 0% interest. It can easily be done, you just have to go to a different dealer with finance people that are a bit more flexible and sales savvy than say the one Sam works at, and like the first dealer you visited.

Last edited by Driver72; 07-18-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, we're almost out of 2010's, and we didn't have to give them away. We're actually buying more from another dealer. Some dealers are perhaps better at the business than others.

As much as I enjoy Ford selling Mustangs, you are the only person I'd like to see stay in a BWM. You're arrogance fits the BMW pr!ck stereotype.
You seem to constantly have the need to have the last word, and prove that you are always right, regardless of the situation.
Enjoy your evening, and honestly.... I really, really, really hope you cancel your order on your 2011, as I know you'll be the first posting that the heated seats, Nav, or something isn't as good as your last BMW.

As to the OP, sorry for the rant.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam I am
Sorry, we're almost out of 2010's, and we didn't have to give them away. We're actually buying more from another dealer. Some dealers are perhaps better at the business than others.

As much as I enjoy Ford selling Mustangs, you are the only person I'd like to see stay in a BWM. You're arrogance fits the BMW pr!ck stereotype.
You seem to constantly have the need to have the last word, and prove that you are always right, regardless of the situation.
Enjoy your evening, and honestly.... I really, really, really hope you cancel your order on your 2011, as I know you'll be the first posting that the heated seats, Nav, or something isn't as good as your last BMW.

As to the OP, sorry for the rant.
You seldom have nice things to say do you Sam? I've never claimed I was always right, but you seem to feel the need to make posts like I'm always wrong. This thread is just an example of that. I said $3k under invoice minimum, you attack that and say no way, not possible. A few days later I show you an ad with $5,500 below invoice. You still decide to ignore that and still attack me. You call me arrogant but you act like a 3rd grader with your flames and your apparent constant desire to try to prove me wrong, even when it's you who is wrong.

And Stereotyping BMW owners? How many BMW owners do you even really know? Apparently not many.
I owned my first Mustang in 1988, you?
You being a relative newb here, if you can't post without flaming and then getting your panties in a wad when things get heated, maybe you should move on from here Mr. Monahan!

Last edited by Driver72; 07-19-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

First, check my posts. I've got plenty of nice things to say, I've helped several folks locate cars, I've faxed invoices to others, shared part numbers on mods, with nothing to gain on my part. Secondly, learn to spell. The last name is Monaghan. I don't hide behind a made up screen name.

I also actually OWN the car of the specific forum I may join.
Don't pull the "I've been here longer" garbage. I was one of the originals and a moderator on CamaroZ28.com back in 96, and LS1.com in '98. I bought my first Mustang GT in '05 when the S197 arrived.
I have known plenty of cool BMW drivers, who wrenched on their cars, they didn't lease a new one every two or three years just to keep up with the Joneses.
Regarding your ad: I simply explained that not all would qualify for FMCC financing, so that others could see that they may not qualify for a similar discount. Ford rebates and incentives vary by region, California has more rebates than other areas at the moment on the left over '10's, so your argument may apply in your neighborhood, it may not in others.
I own a Mustang, unlike yourself, so I feel no need to "move along". Perhaps you should consider taking a hiatus 'till you actually purchase a Mustang.
Have a great evening, be sure to post up when your car arrives and you can compare it to your last 3-series.

Again, my apologies to the OP.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:41 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

I just priced a 2011 with X-Plan pricing and sticker was about 38K and with rebates plus 1.9% interest rate it came to 29,800.00.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

First, check my posts. I've got plenty of nice things to say, I've helped several folks locate cars, I've faxed invoices to others, shared part numbers on mods, with nothing to gain on my part. Secondly, learn to spell. The last name is Monaghan. I don't hide behind a made up screen name.
Sorry for the misspelling, and who's hiding?
Apparently you don't have a lot of nice things to say to me then, as you've made it a point to flame and counteract pretty many posts of mine.

I also actually OWN the car of the specific forum I may join.
Don't pull the "I've been here longer" garbage. I was one of the originals and a moderator on CamaroZ28.com back in 96, and LS1.com in '98. I bought my first Mustang GT in '05 when the S197 arrived.
And what's your point again? I actually sold my BMW to get the 2011 GT. I also intentionally waited several months first though as I wanted to make sure there was going to be no issues with it before hand. In the meantime, I wanted a "fun" car and bought a brand new WRX. Had it for 7 months, and sold it shortly before I ordered my 2011 GT. Because you think you got yours before mine, you feel more entitled to be here? Again, using that argument then, you got your first Mustang in 2005, I got mine in 1988.

I have known plenty of cool BMW drivers, who wrenched on their cars, they didn't lease a new one every two or three years just to keep up with the Joneses.
LOL, dude I got one of the earliest 335i sedans (they had only been out two weeks. I sold a prior car to get it, I wasn't "keeping up with the Joneses. But again, you're at least consistent in your attacks, no matter how wrong you are.

Regarding your ad: I simply explained that not all would qualify for FMCC financing, so that others could see that they may not qualify for a similar discount. Ford rebates and incentives vary by region, California has more rebates than other areas at the moment on the left over '10's, so your argument may apply in your neighborhood, it may not in others.
No you posted about the financing in a sarcastic back handed manner.
And again, the FACT of the matter is I was helping the OP in suggesting he pay NO MORE than $3000 below invoice for a 2010 GT. It was you, again, who came out in angst and posted a comment that I was wrong about anybody potentially getting a left over new 2010 GT for that price.
Then I posted an ad showing that yes, in fact you COULD get a left over 2010 GT for that price, even lower in fact. Yet what do you do, make a post in a sarcastic manner saying "I'm an expert" and that you have to finance through FMCC and not all will qualify. A weak attempt at another attack, instead of simply saying, "my mistake, guess you can get a 2010 GT for well below invoice."

I own a Mustang, unlike yourself, so I feel no need to "move along". Perhaps you should consider taking a hiatus 'till you actually purchase a Mustang.
Have a great evening, be sure to post up when your car arrives and you can compare it to your last 3-series.

Again, my apologies to the OP.
Again what's your point other than to flame?
I've owned 3 Mustangs and have another on the way.
And by the way, Mr. Hateman, you make it sound like I'm the only one who compares a car to other cars or previous cars they've owned. You just like throwing weak, half witted barbs my way constantly don't you?
FYI, comparisons improve products. If people didn't make comparisons and comments on how to improve things, products wouldn't improve.
I think you can just look at Chevy and Dodge over the past 20 years for an example on how to NOT take suggestions for improvement to heart.
So again, and hopefully for the last time, do yourself a favor, give up on your continued attacks on me, you aren't good at it, and it's only making you look more the fool each time.
And if you prefer and still feel you need to continue further, we can take it too PM, or I can just give you a call to discuss further, if you are really truly sorry to the OP for your continued posts attacking my posts.

Last edited by Driver72; 07-20-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Nah, I've just decided to put you on ignore. I don't have the free time you have to multi-quote someone and type up an essay. Have a great day!
My info is in my profile, if you decide to PM or email me big guy.

Last edited by Sam I am; 07-20-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Nah, I've just decided to put you on ignore. I don't have the free time you have to multi-quote someone and type up an essay. Have a great day!
My info is in my profile, if you decide to PM or email me big guy.
Since I've asked you several times to just stay out of my posts/threads, since you never have anything good to say and just start BS in them, you putting me on your ignore list is the best news I've heard from you ever. At least now I know you (hopefully) won't ruin any more of my posts/threads with your flaming.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:23 AM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

And now back to the originally scheduled OP - Thread!!!

Take that stuff to PM or just ignore one another. Its not worth getting upset about!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08Steeda
I just priced a 2011 with X-Plan pricing and sticker was about 38K and with rebates plus 1.9% interest rate it came to 29,800.00.
You got $8,200 Off on a 2011? I got screwed.... (Or was that supposed to be 2010?)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 GT Negotiation with X-plan