Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2011 6 spd manual trans.... made in China?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

lulz....

i dont care where the tranny is made, so what if its made in china, japan or some other country. Does it work good? hell yeah. Will it hold up? probably pretty damn good. The previous gen transmission were made in mexico FYI.

BTW like 40% of the parts on the mustang are made outside the us. and again i dont care. I hear bowties are american made, go buy one of them!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:58 PM
speedfreak94

Holy crap you really are ignorant as hell! So what's your story? Did your parents always have Hondas in the drive when you were growing up? Was your first ride a Del Sol? Maybe a Hyundai?

Yeah I know where the last generation's transmissions came from--I have a Magnum 6-speed in my '94. Did you know that nearly half the content of that product came from the USA? And if the new GT trans is so awesome then how come the Tremec is still in the Shelby? Check out the news at MM&FF, this new trans isn't even rated for the output of the Coyote engine!

In any case, you're obviously not a purist. You obviously don't understand the Mustang's place in Americana, or at least you don't have much pride/respect for it anyway. I hope your transmission falls out on the street and that one of your **** viruses somehow ends up in your flash tuner... ya un-American weenie.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:01 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

wow you are a tard arent you
Old 08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Purist and money are 2 different things, and apparently you don't understand the 2nd part, the economy. If a mustang for example was 100% all American, you will be paying at least twice the amount of money you are for a new mustang. It's all about the unions, the salaries, the pensions, the cost of living in America. You have to pay those somehow and you have to cut the labor and the costs somewhere. Not everything made out of the USA is garbage anymore. Those "other" countries know that there is profit to be made, and they do that by quality control. Don't go trashing on Asian workers. You have no idea how hard Chinese people work and how little they get paid for your luxuries.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

With all due respect to who the admins choose to have as moderators on here, I would hope that we wouldn't attack our new members for simply stating their spirited opinions as we all are known to do. If in fact a particular member proves to be such a said "troll", then deal with him or her accordingly......but until such fact is proven, perhaps we could be a tad be nicer to the new members?

I have watched more than one new person on here get damn near attacked for voicing his or her opinions by some of the regular members/moderators. I recognize that some childish remarks have been made by some of the newer members, but it could be resultant from the feeling of needing to be on the defense.

If this were an off-topic section, I would say have at it...but it isn't. Perhaps we need to take a step back and realize that not everyone thinks the same, and some have more tact than others.

I think overall we are a decent group of folks. Perhaps we should remember we were all new once too?

I hate the transmission being made in China too. I think it sucks bigtime. When I think of the mustang...I think of the good ol' USA. Not international economic trade sanctions and relations.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:58 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I understand that sometimes Matt doesn't come across as a diplomat in his phrasing, lol...
Some folks have problems with this more than others, I understand that.
Sarcasm is not for everyone.
Matt was that way before he was a Mod BTW and he still provides good infos.
Maybe he's a little burned out by now...
No matter what, I'll stick by him cause we have to.

There are a bunch of members (not necessarily n00bs) that I don't care at all on these boards but I'm OK with this as I understand that's a part of life.
Being on an Internet Forum doesn't escape that fact so, as long as they don't step out of boundaries, I ain't gonna do squat about it.
And it's not about me anyway...

Now, let's look at it from another angle, shall we?
Although we've all been n00bs, I'm tired of the flood of morons coming here lately, not introducing themselves and go directly to a jackass mode on their first posts.
About 2 or 3 a week seems like...

Being new here doesn't get you any favors over others...
In fact, it's almost the opposite.
Why do we have restrictions for them, like having 50 post counts before venturing in OT or messaging etc...
You have to prove yourself worthy before hand, that's all.
So you come here with less than 10 posts and start ripping members a new one?!?!
Don't think so.

Thread locked.