Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I couldnt believe this you guys will never believe it!!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:33 PM
felixbed

The new 5.0 has no power steering pump attached. The new model has the electronic power steering. Don't know if there is a place to tac one on but without it, it would be a very expensive makeover. The front of that crate engine looks pretty filled up, where would itend up. With all the work involved think it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a new one like the front end or not. Or throw an old 5.0 in and tell everyone it's a new one.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i don't believe it.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

might as well convert the steering too. why the heck not just put a blower on it.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 AM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

What I don't get is what is the point? I mean, the first official supercharger I have seen for the 5.0 is the whipple that makes all of 530 crank hp.. thats the same you can get from a safely blown 4.6.. Not only that, the whipple kit is 7 psi of boost to make that.. I made that much power on 8.5 psi with a 4.6.. tells me the 5.0 just isn't set up right for a supercharger. So for his money, he could have probably done a B302 with a blower and had more power with the 5.0 tag.. The only thing he gained was about 85 rwhp and a badge that doesn't mean much of anything. Pointless unless he had some excess money he needed to spend for tax reasons..

And while the 5.4 3v would be a dumb choice, the 5.4 4v gt500 motor would drop right in and have more power for about 10k plus labor. I bet he spent more than that to get all the custom stuff figured out, like the aforementioned lack of power steering.. if he did a complete front drivetrain and suspension swap it might work.. steering rack, k-member, control arms, etc.. but then he is probably into it for $20k at that point after all is said and done, and for half that he could have more power and a proven engine.

It's expensive to be "first"..
Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by pascal
Poser or not, when the light turns green, the guy behind should get a clue.
Now, the icing on the cake would be a blower on it.
So true Pascal!
Originally Posted by 07 Cervini
Id rather just get blown..

.. you know what I mean.
we know what you mean...
Originally Posted by dkersten
What I don't get is what is the point? I mean, the first official supercharger I have seen for the 5.0 is the whipple that makes all of 530 crank hp.. thats the same you can get from a safely blown 4.6.. Not only that, the whipple kit is 7 psi of boost to make that.. I made that much power on 8.5 psi with a 4.6.. tells me the 5.0 just isn't set up right for a supercharger. So for his money, he could have probably done a B302 with a blower and had more power with the 5.0 tag.. The only thing he gained was about 85 rwhp and a badge that doesn't mean much of anything. Pointless unless he had some excess money he needed to spend for tax reasons..

And while the 5.4 3v would be a dumb choice, the 5.4 4v gt500 motor would drop right in and have more power for about 10k plus labor. I bet he spent more than that to get all the custom stuff figured out, like the aforementioned lack of power steering.. if he did a complete front drivetrain and suspension swap it might work.. steering rack, k-member, control arms, etc.. but then he is probably into it for $20k at that point after all is said and done, and for half that he could have more power and a proven engine.

It's expensive to be "first"..
Yes it is and to each their own....JMHO
Old 09-02-2010, 06:02 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
Damn! He must get a lot of people thinking hes a poser though.
I don't think any Mustang owner is stupid anough to put a 5.0 badge on their car without any meaning....If I saw that on an 08 I'd know somethings up..........
....although I've seen some really Riced up Stangs with those "R"'s so you never know.......
Old 09-02-2010, 06:30 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DragonPL
I don't think any Mustang owner is stupid anough to put a 5.0 badge on their car without any meaning....If I saw that on an 08 I'd know somethings up..........
....although I've seen some really Riced up Stangs with those "R"'s so you never know.......
"Riced up 'Stangs" LOL, that is actually a shame, at least to me.

To me, our 'Stangs are supposed to have an American feel to their appearance, not a drift car feel.

And the classic "5.0" badge brings back memories of when I was a kid in the early '90s and craved to have a 5.0 Mustang of my own.

Regardless of this guy putting on a 5.0 badge on a poser car or whether he put them on because he actually has one under the hood, that invokes those memories of American muscle!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DragonPL
I don't think any Mustang owner is stupid anough to put a 5.0 badge on their car without any meaning.
Youd be surprised.There are a few that deem it ok to stick cobra emblems on a GT and GT emblems on sixxer.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:25 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

And you know it was a 5.0 under the hood with the
'so quick I could not get a pic' look you got?
Did you CC the heads and measure the stroke of the crank?
Not doubting but as Judge Judy would say, if it seems kinda
doubtful it probably is not true...
Old 10-11-2010, 07:50 PM
DeamonSlayer69

If you start searching around junk yards, there are people already who have crashed that brand new 5.0, just buy the engine, harness, comp and trans from the junk yard and well you have what you need to drop in your current car, I am in the process of that as we speak...found one wrecked and I am paying $4000 for things mentioned above.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I couldnt believe this you guys will never believe it!!