Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My only two complaints about my new '11 GT/CS

Old 12-10-2010, 11:48 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matth3w
So why does my rear end slide with the traction ON?
Because it is that bad ***! The Coyote gets crazy torque really fast, and it lays it down really quickly when you step on it.

If you think your car is fishy now, try turning off AdvanceTrac, you will be riving sideways with the gas just 3/4 of the way to the floor!

As for the lack of digital readout, for me, I am just old school I guess. I love analogue speedos and tachs.
But I do have my GPS up which doe give me a digital readout and if I want to know my exact speed to the tenth of an MPH, I glace at that.
That is just my preference though.

As for the Sync, I don't know a thing about it, I specifically told the dealer I didn't want that.
I guess the Sync does random WITH replacement, where random without replacement prevents the same song from being played again until all songs have been played at least once.
I have no idea why random without replacement is not in Sync, that function is standard in every MP3 player and CD player on the market
Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

I like it, it definitely shows power. But how would you track it without wrecking into a wall? It's definitely making me think I won't mod it for power...because if I can't even gun it stock without letting off before shifting into second, I don't see what more power I need on the street.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:24 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I consider the rear end getting squirrelly a feature.. it's why I like RWD cars. Nothing worse than your tourque-steer with a FWD car.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 AM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

If you're not happy with it, I'll trade you, lol
Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I like it, it definitely shows power. But how would you track it without wrecking into a wall? It's definitely making me think I won't mod it for power...because if I can't even gun it stock without letting off before shifting into second, I don't see what more power I need on the street.
You could always throw some wider/stickier tires on there to help your rear end from slipping out if you wanted. Also could play with the suspension to help keep things more under control.

But in my opinion, well first of all I don't plan on adding any more power to my car. Has plenty for me. Second of all though, I think the allure to me of these muscle cars is the unrefined, unbridled power like you're talking about. I didn't buy my mustang because I wanted a refined fast ride, I bought it because I love the grunt of a mustang over any high end sports car, and because I don't really need refined at this point, I want rough and tough
Old 12-11-2010, 06:51 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

The mustang is like the mercedes......There's just enough to save you, but your still doing most of the driving.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:04 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

You track it by taking classes and learning how to control the car. The stability/traction control isn't going to do the driving for you. It's not like the M3 or GTR's control system that will literally assist in keeping you in power slides. You have enough power that for a brief amount of time you're able to overwhelm the systems and put yourself into a bit of a fishtail. As mentioned above, do that without any control on and you'll notice that slide being more wild.

If you're thinking that it should be easy to track with these systems on, you have another thing coming. There are a lot of driver out there, trained drivers, who would laugh at the idea of even keeping those systems on at the track.

Until you're confident enough to track it WITHOUT the traction/stability systems, I wouldn't take it to the track at all. I don't say that to be mean, but just as kind of a 'wake up' call to those thinking these systems can perform some kind of magic that will make them great drivers suddenly.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:34 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

390 lb ft of torque. Ford could have designed it to stop the rotation of the earth, but instead decided to just let the a$$ step out a bit in order to keep the environmentalist happy

I kid. Seriously though, it is alot of power. If you mash the throttle, your gonna lose traction and it will step out, TC or not. You have to work the gas and ease into it. Find the right combo of wheel slip and traction. WOT is not the right combo.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I guess I'm missing the point of the digital speedo. This is a RETRO themed car. It has been since 2005. A digital speedo wouldn't exactly be in keeping with that spirit.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:56 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Almost all traction control systems give a bit of leeway for the first few seconds, before really bogging you down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My only two complaints about my new '11 GT/CS