Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My only two complaints about my new '11 GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

Default My only two complaints about my new '11 GT/CS

Here are my only complaints so far about the Mustang (none of which are incredibly major by ANY means, even for a person like me that is a perfectionist):

1. No digital speedo. All GM cars seem to have the digital readout. My wife's G8, my SS, CTS-V, and Z06 all had 'em. None on the Mustang. You can enable a digital readout through the ODO settings but it's one of those diagnostic modes and you have to do it every time you start the car (too much hassle). Something like holding the reset button, flipping the keys into ACC a bunch of times or something like that. It's kinda annoying, especially if you are used to a digital speedo to try to read the analog speedo.

You're sort of at an angle to the left side of the speedo, the most important side, and the numbered increments are in 20s, so sometimes at a VERY quick glance it's hard to tell if you're doing say 60 or 65.

2. The "shuffle" setting for the MP3 media player sync is retarded. And by retarded, I mean seriously retarded. It will play the same songs over and over again but still be somewhat random. For example, say your playlist has songs numbered 1-100. It will play "random" like this:

In other words, it will be random, but interspersed with the same songs over and over and over again.

And I know it's the Mustang's player because it's connected to my iPod, and when I put my iPod in shuffle, it never plays the same song twice until the entire playlist has been played.

----

Not sure if you could call this a complaint, but, I am curious...

Even with traction control enabled, if I gun it in first from a roll and then quick shift to second, the back end breaks loose and gets a little fishy and I have to let off the gas a bit.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Do you have the Shaker 1000 or 500? The traction control issue is normal for stangs.....I wish I could shut mine off and leave it off....it's a pain to shut it off everytime I get in the car......should be completely manual and only turn it on in the rain. Do you know what the car weighs in at? Sounds nice....good luck with the new car.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

Not sure which shaker I have. It just says shaker on the radio.

So you're saying that turning OFF traction control will keep the back end from sliding out?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

I guess, it doesn't seem very random though. I shouldn't hear the same song every third song.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I too miss my digital speedo when I drive the stang versus the CTS-V. It's not a big deal, but is really nice for those 20mph zones.

Sounds like the shuffle function doesn't take into account what tracks came before, and really does just randomize it. Some will randomize, but then lock out tracks that have already been played until the cycle is complete.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:05 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

No...shutting it off will give you NO traction control. I prefer no traction control at all.....it inhibits.....not that I drive crazy. You should be able to download your IPOD into the radio?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:06 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

When you open the trunk do you have a speaker box in the trunk?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Do you have the Shaker 1000 or 500? The traction control issue is normal for stangs.....I wish I could shut mine off and leave it off....it's a pain to shut it off everytime I get in the car......should be completely manual and only turn it on in the rain. Do you know what the car weighs in at? Sounds nice....good luck with the new car.

Yeah, except if that happened, half of the GT's you see on the road being driven by young guys would be totaled. Have you seen the video of the German kid driving around the Nurburgring? Traction and stability control are the only reason any of them are still alive.

I live in a pretty wealthy area. Putting a fresh driver behind the wheel of a 400+hp car (which happens pretty regularly around here) without traction control on automatically would be sentencing your kid to death.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:09 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I'm 40......I don't have those problems, but I did when I was Hmmmmm 16 to about 38.....got a few tickets a couple years ago and learned my lesson. Your right.....traction control needed for the unwise and reckless......now that you said it.....I had a 96 Z28 and the ESP saved me on a twisty road back in the 90.....it does work.....and I was truely impressed with it.....that was the only time.....and as with the mustang the Z had to be shut off manually.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

So why does my rear end slide with the traction ON?

Quick Reply: My only two complaints about my new '11 GT/CS