Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whats your monthly Payment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

My monthly payment was $25,570, but only for one month.

Mishri- It's never a good financial decision to finance a depreciating asset. True, it's the only way most people can afford a new vehicle, but you have to figure interest and depreciation.

Last edited by Diabolical!; 02-16-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:48 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

2005 GT & 2007 GT/CS, both paid cash. No payments. I refuse to buy any vehicle on credit unless 0.0% is in play. The money not tied up in the cars should be at the least put in a high yield cd fir the therm of the loan to ensure you make money on the deal instead of spending it because it is available.

Rule of thumb: If you can not afford to pay cash, you can not afford the car. We will be keeping our mustangs longer than the average people too. We actually do not want to get rid of them at all due to huge sentimental value. Just have them rebuild when the time comes.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justice
2005 GT & 2007 GT/CS, both paid cash. No payments. I refuse to buy any vehicle on credit unless 0.0% is in play. The money not tied up in the cars should be at the least put in a high yield cd fir the therm of the loan to ensure you make money on the deal instead of spending it because it is available.

Rule of thumb: If you can not afford to pay cash, you can not afford the car. We will be keeping our mustangs longer than the average people too. We actually do not want to get rid of them at all due to huge sentimental value. Just have them rebuild when the time comes.
Credit makes the world go round . . .

Without the interest most people pay, items would be much much more expensive. Perhaps to a point where even you wouldn't have the cash for it .

I paid about $360 a month on the Mustang.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

One of the good things about being middle aged............enough cash to pay for all your cars in cash!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

My payments were only like $150 or something stupid. I traded in a car that was paid off, and decided to finance the remaining $6500 over 48 months at a very low interest rate.

And then my wife's car got bought back by Mazda at the original purchase price (lemon law), and she bought a car that cost half as much as the POS she had, and I paid it off after only having made 2 payments on it.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
HBOMB44

I paid 41700 for my car with tax. We Get shafted for prices in Alberta because 100k/year is the norm for wage's here.

Originally Posted by Mishri
well.. my 07 is 470 /month, and im trying to sell it. If i get enough for it my payments should be in the neighborhood of 420/month on the new 2012. the sad thing is, instead of having it paid off at the end of 2012 i'll be looking at another 5 years.. just seems so far now, but i wouldn't pay it off early.

to you people who say pay cash for it, that is poor financial advise if you can make an investment that is greater than the finance cost of the vehicle, for example, right now there is 1.9% financing available. my average annual return on my stock investments thus far has been 400%..(i'm into tech stocks, AMD @2 sold for $10 and OCZ at $2 im holding till $9, it's at 8 right now, currently looking for another cheap tech stock) it makes a lot more sense for me to invest my money than to spend it on a car. or there are plenty of no/little risk investments that are greater than 1.9%. Even if i could pay off my house right now I wouldn't do it, my interest rate is way too low.

I paid 41700 taxes in for my car. Canadians tend to get shafted on everything when it comes to prices even though our dollar is worth more than the us's. Where I live it's pretty easy to make a 100k a year so dealerships charge accordingly.

HBOMB44's payments dont really make sense unless he over paid for the car or it's that crazy canadian money(which shouldn't be that far off from the USD right now), or he is incluidng his insurance or some other crazy canadian thing.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

I prefer to buy a car that is a few years old with really low K's and basically pay half price for virtually a brand new car.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Paid off now, but was $400
Old 02-17-2011, 06:53 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

$397/month here at 1.9%/60 months. But I also had X-Plan pricing and $4,500 in rebates too (I bought when gas was close to $4/gallon).

Like said above, financing a car is OK if you get low (less than 2%) or zero interest. However it doesn't make a lot of sense if you have a high interest rate...

Don't forget that paying off loans over the term will help increase your credit score. Of course you can never be late, but that is how I am at an 822 credit score now...

Last edited by jdmcbride; 02-17-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:33 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Most people who finance don't have the option of paying cash. Sub 3% financing is generally unavailable when buying used.

Quick Reply: Whats your monthly Payment?