Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whats your monthly Payment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Pete_Rockett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
Well, if you go with this "alternate view", then he should have taken the rebates with a higher interest rate than going with 0% with no rebates (there are usually no rebates when you get 0%).
Or, save up enough to pay cash in the first place...
Old 02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pete_Rockett
An alternative view: continue to pay it off early then, when it is completely paid off, put an equal monthly amount into an investment account for the rest of your life! YOU earn interest/investment returns, AND you can pay cash for subsequent cars and never have to worry about losing job and being unable to pay!

Live life debt free, man.
Smart man.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:29 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

well even if you have the cash to pay for a 30k car, i would never spend it all on one car, what happens if you have an accident that is your fault and your in the hospital? your now broke because you spend all of your available cash on a car.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:54 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Smart man.
Dumb man, but everybody has an opinion! LOL

Just a thought... instead of paying $1,000 per month over your 0% payment of $425, you could put that $1,000 a month into an investment account every month from the beginning of your loan and have investment income/interest for 2 years before you would pay off your 0% loan with the "alternate view"... LMAO I mean... really!

Note: I don't usually attack anyone on forums (unless they think the 2010+ rear looks goods - just kidding!), but I felt I needed to say something...

Last edited by jdmcbride; 02-18-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 PM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

Summarize it all; TOO MUCH!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Big_T_Judge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grnbayfan
well even if you have the cash to pay for a 30k car, i would never spend it all on one car, what happens if you have an accident that is your fault and your in the hospital? your now broke because you spend all of your available cash on a car.

Agreed. I could drop the $$$ to buy mine outright, but I don't want to dip into the MFF (Middle Finger Fund) too much. I like the financial freedom my savings account affords me. Like Green Bay Fudgepacker(sorry....born in Chicago) says....you just never know what could happen. I'm planning on just puting $10k down and and take a 48mth loan at 1.9% so should be about $550 a month and I'll prob bump that up and pay it off earlier.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If you only had $30k in the bank and literally spent it all on a car, that would be unwise. But if you have stacks, then thats another thing.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big_T_Judge
Agreed. I could drop the $$$ to buy mine outright, but I don't want to dip into the MFF (Middle Finger Fund) too much. I like the financial freedom my savings account affords me. Like Green Bay Fudgepacker(sorry....born in Chicago) says....you just never know what could happen. I'm planning on just puting $10k down and and take a 48mth loan at 1.9% so should be about $550 a month and I'll prob bump that up and pay it off earlier.
its all good. ive been called much worse than that.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Big_T_Judge
1st Gear Member

its all good. ive been called much worse than that.
Sorry bro, Just had to give you hard time.....especially since you guys just won the Super Bowl. Congrats!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:44 AM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

My investments paid for mine, so $0. It's great when interest works FOR you instead of against you.

Quick Reply: Whats your monthly Payment?