Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2011 GT - Spedo Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:33 PM
TX77496

Default 2011 GT - Spedo Sucks

Am i the only one that thinks the placement and style of the spedo sucks, i cant tell exactly how fast i am going, looks like im going 70 and im going 65, think they should have put a digital display on these cars like the Camaro. I have to leave my GPS mounted just to be sure i know how fast i am going.

Do they make a small digital display i can mount somewhere? hate leaving my GPS on my windown all the time
Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

You could always get an SCT touch screen Xtreme and mount it. I'll bet you'll eventually get used to the speedo, though...
Old 02-25-2011, 04:52 PM
TX77496

Originally Posted by TX77496
Am i the only one that thinks the placement and style of the spedo sucks, i cant tell exactly how fast i am going, looks like im going 70 and im going 65, think they should have put a digital display on these cars like the Camaro. I have to leave my GPS mounted just to be sure i know how fast i am going.

Do they make a small digital display i can mount somewhere? hate leaving my GPS on my windown all the time
Guess i was a little harsh with the it sucks part! just saying its not easy to read, it was way too far left and 70 isnt marked.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:47 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99horsey
You could always get an SCT touch screen Xtreme and mount it. I'll bet you'll eventually get used to the speedo, though...
Boy howdy, the iTSX is the ****, heck, I think I am going to buy another iPod touch and a windshield mount just to mount it in my car to datalog and all.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TX77496

You are correct; the needle is slightly off, and I do not know why. I really like the analogue needle over the diginal number display.

I am just like you though: I have a windshield GPS mounted up and I use that to get my exact speed. Besides, when going into a curve and you are holding the steering wheel turned a little to maintain the turn, your hand and steeing wheel spoke cover up the speedo.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I haven't ever really run into issues with the speedo myself. Generally whatever my speedo says I'm doing, my GPS always agrees with. Maybe it just takes some getting used to, but at least for me I found that although sometimes i have to move a bit to take a look, it isnt too bad.

I don't know that I would've liked a digital readout in the mustang. Yeah it would be convenient but it would also hammer the retro look to hell.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:30 PM
TX77496

Originally Posted by pdonket
I haven't ever really run into issues with the speedo myself. Generally whatever my speedo says I'm doing, my GPS always agrees with. Maybe it just takes some getting used to, but at least for me I found that although sometimes i have to move a bit to take a look, it isnt too bad.

I don't know that I would've liked a digital readout in the mustang. Yeah it would be convenient but it would also hammer the retro look to hell.
Spedo not off i just cant tell what the heck it says due to the angle!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 PM
TX77496

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Boy howdy, the iTSX is the ****, heck, I think I am going to buy another iPod touch and a windshield mount just to mount it in my car to datalog and all.
whats istx, i have an iphone 4 i use for an ipod because i moved to houston and ATT drops calls like crazy so i went to verizon
Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

iTSX replaces TSX, that is, when iTSX is released to be sold.
What iTSX is is it is not an actual physical tunner, it is a software app you upload into iPad, iPhone, iPod, and it comes with a bluetooth wireless OBD2 dongle you plug into the port.
You then can load your tune from you iPad, iPod, iPhone as if these were the TSX tuner. You iPhone/Pad/Pod IS the tuner!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:19 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure the aeroforce scan gauge has a speed reading.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT - Spedo Sucks