Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Salesman Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Nice, I'm eligible for Z-plan and looking up values trying to see what my price would be. I just sunk $1.5k (CAM and LT) in my 05 GT so I feel bad/stupid thinking about getting rid of it, but I'm thirsty for 400HP and SC'ing my 05 just seems like a waste.

I called a dealer who is selling a 11 GT Premium for just under $30k to anyone (no plan required) because the 12's are coming out. I'm trying to figure out how much the plan price would be on a 12 if I build it using the ford website.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Couger

Originally Posted by KXRM
Also consider how competitive the area they are in is. If the dealer is the only Ford dealership for 15 miles you are going to have a harder time working with them. This is why I have to drive 45 minutes to find a good deal when I have a dealership literally down the street from me.
I did this as well. The local dealer told me the car was selling for sticker and was a jerk. Drove an hour away and got the car for much less from a dealer who wanted to make a sale.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cavediver
Just remember that you will be paying sales tax on the full price of the new purchase. If you traded in a car, you would only be paying sales tax on the difference of the two vehicles. That is a significant amount of money that you have to consider when deciding whether to sell it to a CarMax type or trade it in.

As an example, if you had a trade-in of $15,000 and a sales tax rate of 7% then the saved sales tax would be $1,050.00.

Something to think about!
Most states have forms to fill out, for just this purpose. Showing what car you sell as a replacement for another. Private sales or dealer, no matter. Call DMV or look up your states dmv online. All forms are there to print out.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
MrChicken

The other two cars on the lot are probably the problem. They have two like yours already that are not selling. They will likely try get yours for less that paid for the other two and sell at wholesale instead of putting it on the lot.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Correct, they are listed for 20 and 21K Who is going to pay that? Mine was listed for 23,900 I paid 19,700. Be realistic they will sell them for high 17s -18,900 area depending how good the buyer is. Like previous post.... trading will save you roughly 1K in taxes. Now your trade is up to 15,500 only 1K shy of what you wanted. If you do this prior to 4/4/11 you get the additional 2K. So if you sell private after 4/4/11 (after 2K cash back and tax savings) you need to sell it for 17,500to be at the same price you would be at trading today. Likely? no - Private sales are getting harder these days. Too much negative equity floating around. Good luck I hope you find what you want.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:30 AM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the input and allowing me to vent.The story has a happy ending!
After cruising several dealers online,i found one that seemed to be interested in dealing.
I called the first guy back and said i was going to buy a car today and told him i had an offer from another dealer for 16k for my trade.I offered him a chance to up his offer.
He stood firm and pretty much called me a liar and said no way anyone would pay close to that and that i was more than welcome to call him back and buy the one he had when i found out he was telling the truth.I just laughed at him and said even if i didn't get what i was told,i would never go there to buy a car.Sheesh...
Well that was for a blue premium GT with no options.(which is what i was looking for)Now on to the new dealership i found.I told the sales rep,no way could i afford this car,it listed at $36k.After haggling around and a few Rodney Dangerfield impersonations,(guy was a riot) I drove away in my shiny new 2011 Black Stang!
The kicker was i ended up getting 16,500 for my trade,he gave me better than x plan pricing after showing me the original invoice,plus 2k in rebates and a $750 voucher.I was a very happy camper and we had a lot of fun doing the deal.
I felt like grabbing a handful of his business cards and stopping by the first dealership and pass them around.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:39 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Wow....happy ending!! Nice looking 5.0!!

How do you like the 5.0 power?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:24 AM
nola504boy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by madmann26
Try Carmax and see what they will offer you for it.

It might be a better deal.
thats the last place to go. thats where I buy all my cars from. they sell them so cheap because they dont give crap on trades. trust me, my cousin works there. I paid $13k for my 05gt with 39,xxx miles on it fully loaded
Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Wow....happy ending!! Nice looking 5.0!!

How do you like the 5.0 power?
Love the power,first time i got on it i was like and the biggest smile ever popped up in the rear view mirror.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Awesome man, glad that worked out for you.

Quick Reply: Salesman Ugh!