Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Decker1

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang GT
Smile Mustang GT Premium 2006

Hey Guys,
So I'm a junior in High School and I found a really nice 2006 Mustang GT. The entire car is perfect, with under 50,000 miles on the engine.

HOWEVER the car was broadsided, and I believe both rear sides need to be replaced along with the rear axle which is in half.

How much could all the work run me? I plan on buying the axle for about 600 hundred dollars so what do you think i'll pay a body shop to install it?

And how do I go about both rear quarters?

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Decker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
Decker1

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang GT

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4728447...th/5561155385/

Pictures ^
Decker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
a1kemist

You are better off finding another mustang than replacing the quarter panels.

Silver Mustang Registry #1185
Roush Front Fascias, Roush Chin Spoiler, Roush Rear Wing, Roush Louvers, Roush Strut Tower Brace, Nine Bar Grille, 15% Llumar Tint, SLP Loudmouths, Nitto 555 285/40/18R & 255/45/18F on Black 18" FR500's, FRPP 4.10, BBK CAI, 93 Brenspeed Tune, 5spd Automatic

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"
alkemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
madmann26
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT 5-spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker1 View Post
Looking at that tire and how it is cocked in, I would just about bet the unibody isn't straight.

I would steer clear of it personally.
madmann26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT Coupe Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann26 View Post
Looking at that tire and how it is cocked in, I would just about bet the unibody isn't straight.

I would steer clear of it personally.
Agreed. If it's bent up then the performance will almost certainly be permanently compromised, let alone the safety. I'd pass, personally. Save up & get a nicer one - will be the better deal in the long run.
Fridge56Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
executioner
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT

Run Forrest Run!
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

I could understand a younger guy wanting a newer Mustang and the only way in is with a repairable.

How much does the seller want for this car?

Looks like you will need a visit with the frame alignment shop, both rear quaters & a rearend. I would start calling the Auto Body Shop Schools.....the teacher/students love Mustang projects like this!!! Your expenses wouldn't be that much....the school supplies most of the materials. Rear quaters are $500 a side, rear bumper cover $150 and you have a rear for $600....the school might get the quaters cheaper. It's worth looking into if you get the car cheap. Good luck

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps."
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear BBC
daredevil95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
alkemist
5th Gear Member

a1kemist

It probably also has a salvage title, otherwise the owner would of had it fixed by insurance instead of sitting in the driveway.

Lots of work and if it's not done properly, would be a huge headache in the future. I would still pass IMO.

Silver Mustang Registry #1185
Roush Front Fascias, Roush Chin Spoiler, Roush Rear Wing, Roush Louvers, Roush Strut Tower Brace, Nine Bar Grille, 15% Llumar Tint, SLP Loudmouths, Nitto 555 285/40/18R & 255/45/18F on Black 18" FR500's, FRPP 4.10, BBK CAI, 93 Brenspeed Tune, 5spd Automatic

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"
alkemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemist View Post
...Lots of work and if it's not done properly, would be a huge headache in the future. I would still pass IMO.
My sentiments exactly.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

That car will never be right again.

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
DRAG RACE? ASK ME ABOUT MY UPR SUSPENSION.
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
06, 2006, gt, high, jersey, llc, mid, motor, mustang, premium, school