Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Instant Throttle Response

Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTcrazy
Oh yeah, I'm still not sure what a troll is.
Here you go.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

It's 2011; who the hell doesn't know what a troll is?

I think we've been...

Old 03-30-2011, 11:45 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

There are still older folk that don't use computers much at all and don't have a clue but if you're one of the tech generations and don't have a clue what troll is, then that is total fail.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
GTcrazy

Originally Posted by alkemist
There are still older folk that don't use computers much at all and don't have a clue but if you're one of the tech generations and don't have a clue what troll is, then that is total fail.
Thanks. I joined a couple of Mustang Forums to learn more about cars and what I could do with my Mustang. A couple of folks I met recommended Forums as a good way to do that. I'm not oblivious to how to use a computer, but I don't know much about Forums. Sorry if some folks thought I wasn't serious. You guys really did give me the answers I needed so I appreciate that.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTcrazy
Thanks. I joined a couple of Mustang Forums to learn more about cars and what I could do with my Mustang. A couple of folks I met recommended Forums as a good way to do that. I'm not oblivious to how to use a computer, but I don't know much about Forums. Sorry if some folks thought I wasn't serious. You guys really did give me the answers I needed so I appreciate that.
Yeah, no prob. Everyone has to start somewhere and not everyone is on the same knowledge level on a subject. Forums is a great way to find advice and info. Hopefully you stick around, lots of helpful people here. Also sometimes you just have to weed out the not so helpful comments and don't take anything personal but that plagues every forum. Just the way the dice rolls.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:36 PM
StuckInNYForever

Go easy on him. I have the same issue. I also have a very good tune on it. The problem goes away when you turn of traction control and esc. There must be some sort of power cut off from the electronic nannies when you nail it. Happens when I drop it in second at around 45mph and nail it, or into third at around 60mph. The tune just made it happen more often because of the extra power.

Maybe something is not right, but there are no issues at any other time with the car.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StuckInNYForever
Go easy on him. I have the same issue. I also have a very good tune on it. The problem goes away when you turn of traction control and esc. There must be some sort of power cut off from the electronic nannies when you nail it. Happens when I drop it in second at around 45mph and nail it, or into third at around 60mph. The tune just made it happen more often because of the extra power.

Maybe something is not right, but there are no issues at any other time with the car.
Traction control in a nutshell cuts off power to the wheels when it detects slip, hence the power loss. If you have an auto, it gets a little worse with "hesitation".
Old 03-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

TCS WILL cause issues going WOT and I've had it occur on numerous occasions. Once I began turning off TCS, it hasn't happened since.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:28 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

1: CAI/91 Race tune from AM will help a million times
2: Turn your ignition all the way just before turning the engine over. Make sure you dont turn your car on or have your foot on the clutch. Wait till all the ringing noises die down and all the flasher on the dash stop flashing. Then push down your gas pedal slowly and count to five and release it slowly too for the same amount of time. And your throttle response should improve. If you go with the CAI/ Race Tune then you wont notice this trick that much since the tune is so aggressive; however, if you did not get the race tune yet and want a quick response till you order your tune, then this is a quick fix. Give it a try. My car is jumpy and feels like it wants to run away on me and i love that feeling.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:13 PM
shotz

Default throttle lag

hi all, new to the sight, but thought I would answer you on the throttle lag. there is a company called pedal box. they sell a pedal box for each individual make and model of car. its a quick hook up. this product is supposed to maximize your throttle response time. good luck to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Instant Throttle Response