Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Wanting to unlock my potential....ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
ReaperStang06GT

Default Wanting to unlock my potential....ideas???

So my current mods and numbers are in my sig and I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas on improving these numbers and what my potential gains may be. I am a bit disappointed after the amount of money I have put into this car so far. Unfortunately, I live in Las Vegas so 91 octane is my best bet for gas. Most tuners won't tune me for E85 due to the consistency being too varied from gas station to gas station. I'm just at a loss here...need some ideas.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

I've been told you can gain 15-20 hp with an e85 + 91 octane mix they call it e35 or e45 some colbalt ss guys found it out after tinkering...it's been ran and tuned in many cars ... If you get a chance try to stop by colbaltss forums
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM
ReaperStang06GT

I know I need headers which I have the Kooks full exhaust on my list. My goal was 600 RWHP and that was where I wanted to stop, just need to know how to get there. Changing superchargers is also not an option for me as it'll be way too much money to get an entirely new kit from whipple or KB and restore my car from the saleen set-up.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 AM
ReaperStang06GT

No one has any ideas?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

you may be able to squeeze a few more ponies out of her, with
an overdrive harmonic balancer. nothing wrong with a new goal
of 500rwhp, it would still be very respectable.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
ReaperStang06GT

Originally Posted by hammeron
you may be able to squeeze a few more ponies out of her, with
an overdrive harmonic balancer. nothing wrong with a new goal
of 500rwhp, it would still be very respectable.
Hey Hammer, haven't seen ya in a while, ya I thought about that. As well as porting the lid, getting the kooks exhaust set up and ported heads. That may get me to where I wanna go hopefully. Also thinking about throwing on the AFCO H/E with dual fans.

Also thought I'd share a clip of my cams with you guys so here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjPVsL-KY10
Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Call brenspeed... they are advertising in there stage four package an additional advertisement of over 900hp. It doesnt give any details but they might be able to set you for 600. u could also try the the 2.75 pulley

Last edited by outceltj; 04-28-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ReaperStang06GT
So my current mods and numbers are in my sig and I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas on improving these numbers and what my potential gains may be. I am a bit disappointed after the amount of money I have put into this car so far. Unfortunately, I live in Las Vegas so 91 octane is my best bet for gas. Most tuners won't tune me for E85 due to the consistency being too varied from gas station to gas station. I'm just at a loss here...need some ideas.
Gotta remember numbers aren't everything. However:

1. One-piece aluminum driveshaft (didn't see one in your sig). Between this and my shocks/struts, it has been my BEST bang-for-the-buck mod for a variety of reasons. Plus, it frees up some horses at the wheels.

2. Dude, water/meth injection. Cooler charge temps = more consistently running engine, more available horsepower when other cars that are running hot are losing some. Matter of fact, even without a tune you'll gain some ponies.

3. A custom tune from a GOOD mustang-specific tuner...and maybe bump that 91 octane tune to a 93.

Hope that helps.

For me, the number one killer in any race is weight. If you can shave/save some weight, you'll be that much faster...assuming you're just going in a straight line...

Last edited by moochman4life; 04-28-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Also thought I'd share a clip of my cams with you guys so here ya go
the car sounds mean just idling! thanks for sharing
Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

What PSI are you at?
Who did the tuning?
What throttle body are you using?
What kind of timing are you runing?

If I wanted more numbers from a Saleen I would get it ported, put it at 15 psi, get better cooling for the intercooler water and a larger resevoir.

Quick Reply: Wanting to unlock my potential....ideas???