Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: somthing new
not on XBL anymore doberman1978
Default Dodge forums why all the hate on the 5.0

Been on a couple of Challenger forums since i am at a cross roads and Im not sure wich one I like better. What I am noticing is most of the challenger guys constanly are say ing how there cars are better than mustangs in being faster and more unique on the road. What really shocked me though is all the 5.0 hate and straight ford hate that was being spewed. My verdidct is this even if i gotta a challenger RT I would still chill with the mustang crowd for the most part. That being said there are a handfull of guys on the challanger forum that are just car guys and are cool to hang around with. what are your expereinced with Dodge guys and even chevy guys in general?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Proverbs 27:17,Galations 6:7-10 PSN-doberman1978
boomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

I have been involved with the vipertruck forums since they first came out in 04. Yes there is some manufacturer competition but many owners are just muscle car fans. I am one of those. Srt/10forum.com is mustang friendly. Several guys over there have fiveOhs as well.
But there are gonna be dicks everywhere......

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: somthing new
not on XBL anymore doberman1978

you gotta point 808 you gotta point
Proverbs 27:17,Galations 6:7-10 PSN-doberman1978
boomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

I've noticed that most with the challenger owners.. Mopar guys in particular seem to be out spoken about their brand loyalty... it's a thing for older people, younger generations have little to no brand loyalty, they will buy whatever does the best job at the best price in all things. (generation X-current) I personally like them all, I don't understand why some people can't appreciate another manufacturer's vehicles it doesn't make sense. I also hear Chevy guys saying they dont even want to drive a new 5.0, it's not a camaro so there is no point, that sort of stuff. My dad wasn't particularly brand loyal, although he owned mostly chevy's throughout his life, including a 69 camaro, but he owned some VWs, oldsmobiles, dodges, fords, pontiacs, I dont remember him owning any japenese stuff though hmm..

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
poopile
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

I wouldn't say I'm from the older crowd, but I'm not 20 something either (I'm 35). In my younger days, I had an 81 Z28, a 73 Trans Am, and a 66 Barracuda. After the kids grew up and it FINALLY came time to look for another muscle car, the Mustang was the only thing in my price range that I liked the looks of. I needed something that could work as a dependable daily driver. I couldn't find a decent mileage Trans Am for a fair price, and the previous body Camaros make me throw up in my mouth (just not attractive in my opinion). This is the first Ford I've owned and it wasn't brand loyalty that attracted me or pushed me away, it just had what I was looking for. So far, other than the stupid water leak, it's a great ride.
poopile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Roush Stage 1

aren't 5.0s a good bit faster than challengers?

2005 Roush GT
Go: 4.10 gears | Bama 93 performance tune | Roush CAI | Roush Axlebacks | Nitto NT555 275/40/18 | Saleen short throw adapter | Smoked corner lights | BBK Ceramic Longtube Headers | BBK O/R Shorty X Pipe | FRPP Hot Rod Cams

Currently selling: FRPP 3.55 Gears for 8.8" rear end, OEM GT Throttle Body. PM me if interested.
Roush05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
sonicx
speed'n

Vehicle: 04 GT

Im a young guy and im pretty brand loyal although im not going spit on another brand if that your thing. There needs to be a level of respect to which car guys should hold themselves and others too. Alot of the older guys seem to have this not so much younger people because alot of morals & values have been lost (overall). This doesn't mean you can't hate mopar, blue oval, or GM just show respect.
sonicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Most Mopar guys I've run into/talked to are complete idiots, like completely ignorant to the car world outside their little Mopar circle jerk
Old 05-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Are the 'Mopar guys' that are being referred to usually drive LX cars? Because if so, I think those 'guys' are similar to the guys that bought a Mustang after the S197 came out and might claim themselves as 'Mustang guys', yet their are oblivious to anything about a mustang prior to their generation & hold a 'nose in the sky' attitude towards owners of older mustangs....make sense?
99GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
potman
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
I've noticed that most with the challenger owners.. Mopar guys in particular seem to be out spoken about their brand loyalty... it's a thing for older people, younger generations have little to no brand loyalty, they will buy whatever does the best job at the best price in all things. (generation X-current) I personally like them all, I don't understand why some people can't appreciate another manufacturer's vehicles it doesn't make sense. I also hear Chevy guys saying they dont even want to drive a new 5.0, it's not a camaro so there is no point, that sort of stuff. My dad wasn't particularly brand loyal, although he owned mostly chevy's throughout his life, including a 69 camaro, but he owned some VWs, oldsmobiles, dodges, fords, pontiacs, I dont remember him owning any japenese stuff though hmm..
I was always brand loyal to Chevy's. Always ******* on the Fords. All my cars are GM. Then I drove the Mustang and decided I was being an idiot.....

Last edited by potman; 05-17-2011 at 03:10 PM.
potman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:07 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, 302, 40, 46, 50, boss, cosmetics, forum, gt, high, jealous, mustang, ricer, rpm, sale, train, valve