Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is this legit ? Need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Default Is this legit ? Need help

Ok so I been on a mustang hunt for preferably a 05-09 V6 for about 5 months now. So i was cruising autotrader/cars.com and came across a 2005 Mustang GT 21,000 Miles for only $9,000 dollars ?!!?

When i see this, i know right away it is a scam but what got to me thinking is this possibly legit is once I emailed the guy... He sends me a carfax report that is 100% clean with him and his possible "so called" dad as the only owners , idk if i should/can post that but it looks clean to me.

Here is a transcript of the emails back and forth, he even offers to ship it to me for free to inspect it before I buy...and he needs cash for his house....You be the judge....Am I just going so Mustang search crazy that I am falling into scams?

him...
"
Hi,

My 05 Ford Mustang GT is still for sale. I will sell it for $9,000. The car has 21,000 miles and is in excellent condition, no accidents, no scratches, no dents, no issues of any kind. It has always been garage kept, non-smoker, no pets. There is no lien on the vehicle. I have the clean and clear title ready for transfer. I'm selling the vehicle because I need to pay off my house and I need the money fast. I will send you more pictures and the carfax report in my next message. Let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you "

ME ....
" Thank you for the reply Steven. I am at work right now so I will send a better email once I am home. I did look over the report over my phone, looks clean. My question though is, why did you pick 9,000 as the price? What mods have you done to the car? And one I noticed is that you haven't had the car for long, it said 15 days? I know you need the cash etc, but why sell if it is a new purchase.

Thanks "

HIM.......

Hi,

I need to get 9K if you want to pay more then make me an offer. The previous owner was my dad and I had to register the car in my name in January this year because he has cancer.
At 12000 miles a 2 inch Eibach Lowering kit was professionally installed. It included springs, struts, shocks, four 20 inch Toxic wheels and Hancock tires. It also has a Big Baer Brake kit. Professionally tinted windows all around. No engine modifications, it is Bone Stock. I still have the factory springs, rotors and calipers and will come with the car too.

I just moved this week to MT and the car is here with me. I had a buyer in this area but his loan wasn't approved so the car is still for sale. If you want to see it I can send it to your place for inspection for no extra cost. Someone owes me a favor and he will pay the shipping charges. You will receive it in 5 days and you will have 5 days to test drive and inspect it to decide if you want to buy it or not. I will like to use a third party to make this transaction so you don't have to send me any money before you see and inspect the car. Let me know if you are still interested.

Thank you, "

idk?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:06 PM
parigod
1st Gear Member

Any offers to ship cars are scams. Not sure how they work out, but I've seen it a million times. Craigslist even has a header on top stating it too.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Thats what i am thinking to. IDK it is just making my headspin, and I am just so hungry for my stang.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:15 PM
parigod
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchise-SZ
Thats what i am thinking to. IDK it is just making my headspin, and I am just so hungry for my stang.
Old sayings usually hold true. If it's too good of a deal to be true, it probably isn't. Keep looking and you'll find the perfect car, I promise.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Thank you man. I aprecciate it.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Way too fishy
Old 05-22-2011, 06:56 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Smells like scam so it probably is. Unless he offers to ship the car first
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Smells like scam so it probably is. Unless he offers to ship the car first

That's what I am saying...If he gioves it to me for a free 5 days, hey why not.

haha ty all for the input !
Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Sounds a little too good to be true to me too. Be patient something local and good deal will show up eventually.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Dont pay until you see it. The way i see it, you gotta try it before you buy it.

Quick Reply: Is this legit ? Need help