Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bama Tunes??? good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by roblee121
Just installed my C&L CAI and uploaded my 93 octane Bama tune. had another member slam Bama and AmericanMuscle.... referring to the tune as a " grenade " my expirence with them was nothing like this.

what was ya'll expirence on the Bama Tuning?
Was that member in a new 5.0? I have been reading about a #8 cylinder problem on some of the new 5.0 engines, it seems the motors are blowing and its always the #8 cylinder. Ford is trolling message boards and voided a guys warranty because they found on the net he had a tune. What I can tell you for sure is if you have an aftermarket tune and your engine blows Ford wont cover it, and they will go to great lengths to find out.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by roblee121
Just installed my C&L CAI and uploaded my 93 octane Bama tune. had another member slam Bama and AmericanMuscle.... referring to the tune as a " grenade " my expirence with them was nothing like this.

what was ya'll expirence on the Bama Tuning?
You seriously started a thread because one guy (without proof) made a random comment??

Srsly, Am and Breenspeed are the top two most popular canned tune providers in the Mustang Market. They wouldn't be that way if they screwed people or their cars.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:00 PM
andywalls

Cool

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
Was that member in a new 5.0? I have been reading about a #8 cylinder problem on some of the new 5.0 engines, it seems the motors are blowing and its always the #8 cylinder. Ford is trolling message boards and voided a guys warranty because they found on the net he had a tune. What I can tell you for sure is if you have an aftermarket tune and your engine blows Ford wont cover it, and they will go to great lengths to find out.

well thats just RE-dick-U-lust id hate to be that poor SOB who blew his new engine and now has a voided warrenty. That' pretty hardcore of ford, searching the boards... would lead someone to think that ford is well aware of this issue since they're actively checking posts on it... interesting.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

yeah I just posted a link in the thread below give it a read it has links to other boards as well you'll find it interesting. BTW I have seen ford customer service post on this board helping members find their orders so that is proof they are trolling the boards IMO. To think they are here specifically to help us would be delusional.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I'd like to see that thread or info. Edit: thanks for pointint it out Mike. I'll check it out

My take is, if you're having issues, don't brag about it on the net, hello, can you say open to the world? It's like people that get arrested for putting videos of themselves on youtube flaunting it as they break the law. You are just asking to be arrested.

Edit: I still stick by my post above. If you blow your motor because you mod the hell out of it. That's unfortunate but not Ford's fault that you modded your car and blew the motor.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:12 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all of the great feedback, everyone! We're glad that people are running the tunes and we can get their car to the performance level they were hoping for! OP, give the Bama team a call or simply let me know if you have absolutely any other questions, whatsoever!

Chris
Old 06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
If you blow your motor because you mod the hell out of it. That's unfortunate but not Ford's fault that you modded your car and blew the motor.
That is absolutely 100% true
Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
andywalls

Originally Posted by Derf00
I'd like to see that thread or info. Edit: thanks for pointint it out Mike. I'll check it out

My take is, if you're having issues, don't brag about it on the net, hello, can you say open to the world? It's like people that get arrested for putting videos of themselves on youtube flaunting it as they break the law. You are just asking to be arrested.

Edit: I still stick by my post above. If you blow your motor because you mod the hell out of it. That's unfortunate but not Ford's fault that you modded your car and blew the motor.
i completely agree if i blew my motor tomorrow you wouldnt see me even thinking about calling up ford. after a while you gotta understand that your taking the car past what the dealer ever planned for and gotta have fun at your own risk. gotta pay to play, and if i blew my block somehow it would be the perfect excuse to go for the high 500's
Old 06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
Well, just like said above, that idiot should not have bragged about his mods. Moreover, that moron should not have bitched about grenading his engine for the dealership and Ford Corp to see.

And most importantly; he should have modded his car right. For example, given his mods, any good tuner would not advance any of the timings too far forward.
And if someone put on a supercharger of turbo, a good engine modder would not boost the hell out of it on stock non-true forged internals. 20+ PSI boost in the manifold without a properly built lower block and a good tune is just plain stupid.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

I've only heard great things about Bama/AM, but I get to find out firsthand tomorrow! At least, if UPS pulls through.

Quick Reply: Bama Tunes??? good or bad?