Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bamachips 87 Octane Tune Uploaded!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:45 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Talking Bamachips 87 Octane Tune Uploaded!!

First off, just wanna say thanks to bamachips and the guys and gals at American Muscle. They make modding my car so much easier haha. Bama emailed me my 3 custom 87, 91, and 93 octane tunes today. After work I decided to plug in my old sct xcal 2 from my old 03 and upload the tunes. Surprisingly, the downloads went very smoothly. The SCT web-site does a great job of trouble shooting with the FAQ section. I just recently installed my o/r h pipe so my CEL was on, and upon first start up with the new tune, the light was instantly off. Big relief. Nice smooth idle and all. Since I had about a 1/4 tank of 87 left, I could only upload the 87 tune. Went out and tested the tune...I can honestly I'm impressed with the results! I was a bit weary of all the happy campers out there with bama/brenspeed tunes, but all the avid reviews were well deserved. I spin the tires a lot easier in 1st gear with this tune. Also, MUCH improved throttle response which is really nice. I don't have to push the pedal halway down to rev my engine. Tomorrow morning I'm dropping off my car to have my FRPP 4.10 gears installed!! Can't wait to pick up my ride tomorrow after work and fill up with some 93 octane, load the 93 octane tune and let errr rippp. Rock on fellow MFer's.

Kyle
Old 07-15-2011, 07:29 AM
jwharton
2nd Gear Member

Congrats! I got to say though...you are a man of real restraint. Member/owner since Oct. 2005 with 2,734 post and you are just now getting tunes. I don't know how you did it You are going to love the gears! I wish I could fill up with 93...all we have around here is oxygenated 91 octane...cheap watery crap. Enjoy the mods!
Jim
Old 07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Haha no I actually just picked this 05 up like 2 months ago. I had an 03 gt that I created this name with. I've been molding my 05 quite a bit.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:40 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

you may want to burn through a whole tank of 93 before loading the tune. If not, you may get some pinging from residual 87 gas.

The difference between 87 to 93 race is almost as big as 87 tune vs no tune. With the 4:10s...it'll be a beast..

ugh...I miss my 'stang.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Man, this 300 mile break in period for the gears is killing me! I'm at 75 and im ready to let errr rip.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:44 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

now correct me if im wrong. are you getting your tune recalibrated to 4.10 gears so your speedo isnt off?? I figure when i install my gears I have to send my programer to breenspeed to recalibrate it then reload after gear install. Yes???
Old 07-17-2011, 12:58 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drewsky
now correct me if im wrong. are you getting your tune recalibrated to 4.10 gears so your speedo isnt off?? I figure when i install my gears I have to send my programer to breenspeed to recalibrate it then reload after gear install. Yes???
Manual or Auto?
Manual you can adjust with the tuner yourself...just have to correct the speedo. Auto you will need a new tune for the corrected shift points.

Congrad's on the new tunes! Turns her into a new animal, doesn't it
Old 07-17-2011, 01:14 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
Manual or Auto?
Manual you can adjust with the tuner yourself...just have to correct the speedo. Auto you will need a new tune for the corrected shift points.

Congrad's on the new tunes! Turns her into a new animal, doesn't it
Ditto....and even tho ppl say u see the biggest difference in the tune with an auto, I noticed a huge difference and I had a manual.

With the manual, u can go into the options and change it but if u have free tunes for life, you might as well request a new custom tune.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:54 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Its a manual. i have the SCT programer.. so its already in there huh??
Old 07-17-2011, 06:43 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

When ur loading the tune, go under options and there should be an option for gears. Select the 4:10s and ur good to go

Quick Reply: Bamachips 87 Octane Tune Uploaded!!