Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First door ding. WTF Grrrrr!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 07:29 PM
keoni1984

Default First door ding. WTF Grrrrr!!

Came out of the movie theater, walk up to my freshly washed and waxed, beautiful black stallion and there it is... a ding right behind the drivers door that's just screaming for attention. FML. I swear some people do this on purpose because I'm very careful where I park. Its not horrible, but its the only imperfection on her and it annoys me to no end!

Does anyone in the Phoenix area know of a GREAT paintless dent removal place in the west valley area? My baby deserves to be flawless!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 AM
5.0Racer
1st Gear Member

People do that because they are haters and have no respect for other peoples property. You almost cant drive anything but a beater these days.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

When possible I always park with the driver door protected. If I'm gonna get a ding I dont want it on the drivers side thats for sure.

Sorry about the damage........... many people just suck.....fricken haters.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

More than likely it was just a careless person. Ever notice the condition of the average person's car? They don't even respect their own property, let alone others'.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

sorry dude. Dont know any repair guys on the west side. Had a friend that had has his car repaired by a guy in scottsdale after the hail storm quite a few months back. He did a very good job and you cant even tell that it got hailed on. Let me know if you want me to get his contact info.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:57 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I had a door ding a couple months ago. It's on the crease too so it's not one I can get out myself.

Sorry to hear you got a ding on yourcar too
Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by allinon72
More than likely it was just a careless person. Ever notice the condition of the average person's car? They don't even respect their own property, let alone others'.
For some reason I always thought my windshield was dirty until I started to look at other cars........now I think I do a pretty good job. When ever possible I park way in the back and just walk, it's not to be a ***** and say "hey look at my car suckas" but so I don't end up with what the OP has.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

I know how you feel. Unfortunately it comes with driving the car. I hate washing my car these days because looking at the hood and front bumper at 65,000 miles just makes me cringe. I also had someone swing their door into my car which lead to some white paint transfer on my black car... about a week after I picked her up... It sucked so much but such is the way of life I suppose.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that! I HATE dings. I had a few removed from a guy around here who's been doing it for 17 years. It's amazing. Just like new.

BTW, my Mustang won't ever see a movie theater parking lot, a Walmart lot or the mall parking lot. Luckily my Mustang isn't my DD so I just choose where and when to drive it.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 PM
LongWay

So sorry Keoni1984... I feel the same way, Got my pony in June... no door dinks yet but you know it's gonna happen. Part of my extended warranty is free dink repairs.

@2008GT/CSBuckeye - Sweet Boss !!
@timmbo - Love the Stripes!

Quick Reply: First door ding. WTF Grrrrr!!