Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Over The Top or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 01:26 AM
prfxshn

Default Over The Top or Not?

Not trying to waste anyones time but......

Just invested in a set of BBK long tube headers and an off-road X pipe for my 2010 GT. I have the Roush off-road exhaust on the vehicle already. I know there are a million and one different combinations of exhaust setups out there. I am seriously wondering if I am going to need to put my stuck mufflers back on the car after the x-pipe and long tube install. Anyone ever heard this set-up before? Wondering if it is going to be way over the top... Just wondering if I need to have the stock parts with me when I take it to the shop for the install...
Old 09-04-2011, 01:28 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Your best bet is youtube with headphones. That will give you the best idea of what it'll sound like. Longtubes with no cats is gonna be loud. You may want to bring those stock mufflers.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

exhaust sound is all about taste and opinion.
The only way to judge whether it is too much is to test it out yourself.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by prfxshn
Not trying to waste anyones time but......

Just invested in a set of BBK long tube headers and an off-road X pipe for my 2010 GT. I have the Roush off-road exhaust on the vehicle already. I know there are a million and one different combinations of exhaust setups out there. I am seriously wondering if I am going to need to put my stuck mufflers back on the car after the x-pipe and long tube install. Anyone ever heard this set-up before? Wondering if it is going to be way over the top... Just wondering if I need to have the stock parts with me when I take it to the shop for the install...
Just go open header at 4am
Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
exhaust sound is all about taste and opinion.
The only way to judge whether it is too much is to test it out yourself.
Or to the opinion of Beauford T Justice.
Unfortunately, the sound of no mufflers and no cats are too loud for the delicate ears of John Q Law
Old 09-04-2011, 11:28 PM
prfxshn

I am just going to say to hell with it and leave the stock at home I'll post a video later this weekend. Thanks yall!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
prfxshn

I will answer my question now and say that roush catbacks with an off road x and long tube headers is extremely loud. Holy mother of goodness! A great way to attract the attention of cops, and scare lil old ladies, children, and girly men. Had to put the stock mufflers back on and now I'm searching for a new set of axle backs!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by prfxshn
I will answer my question now and say that roush catbacks with an off road x and long tube headers is extremely loud. Holy mother of goodness! A great way to attract the attention of cops, and scare lil old ladies, children, and girly men. Had to put the stock mufflers back on and now I'm searching for a new set of axle backs!
Let me know what you decide on. I'll be having s similar dilemma soon.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:29 PM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

I have had SLP long tubes with Xpypes and SLP loud mouths, too loud, sounded cheap.

Now I am running SLP long tubers, xpypes and Flowmaster HushPowers and it sounds awesome. I can actually start my car up in the morning now...

i felt the stock mufflers were too quiet.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 PM
prfxshn

I am probably going to place an order by the end of the week for some Bassani axle-backs. I will post up a video when I get them installed. It wasn't even worth the time to post a video of the Roush set-up with the long-tubes and o/r x pipe. Hopefully this will sound lots better!

Quick Reply: Over The Top or Not?