Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

OP owned Mishri. TKO
Old 10-21-2011, 01:41 AM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

Hey. What type of dyno did they use on your car? 470 ftlb sounds awful high or your setup... That torque reading is equivilent to about 560 rwhp on a perfect setup...

I had my car dynoed on a Dynojet, Mustang Dyno and another one that bolted to the rear hubs and there was a 70rwhp and 50 flbs difference, but I am running one more lb of boost and a 1 piece driveshaft and 471 rwhp and 417 ft lbs was the highest pull on the dynojet.

I just got 432 rwhp and 389 ftlbs on a Mustang Dyno this morning at 11.2 AFR average at 6300 rpms at 9.6lbs boost. They was some hp left on the table, but I like it a little richer than leaner. (I just found out that is around 480 rwhp and 432 ft lbs of torque on a dynojet...)

Glad to see it done.

*** And I run 20's in my car. I just can't smash first gear, it sits there, then sits in second 0 to 60mph in 10.5 seconds LOL!!!.

I built it for driving around and having fun, not for the 1/4 mile. I like going from 30 to 120mph and then being able to switch lanes.

Last edited by hollywub; 10-21-2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: correct #'s
Old 10-21-2011, 03:14 AM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

I never look at my factory gauges really. I just noticed the tire tracks. Oh well, I guess I will watch the road instead.

But seriously, I got tired of forgetting to switch it off, going to merge or take off and the traction control sounding like it was going to blow up the engine...

Originally Posted by Riptide
You don't know what they mean because your system isn't DISABLED. When it's disabled (in the tune) you will get a couple little squiggly amber tire tracks that light up, and stay lit up, indicating a problem with the TCS system. It shows up in your cluster.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Dyno numbers vary wildly from dyno to dyno, tuner to tuner. I can promise you one thing; if the tuner promises 500rwhp on his dyno (as the OP's tuner did), you're damn sure going to get 500rwhp on his dyno. What that translates to on anyone else's dyno is anyone's guess. Personally, I'd prefer a tuner that makes no guarantees except for quality of workmanship.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:57 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
A tire comment, how surprising... I bet there have barely been 944 mentions of my 22's in this thread

As far as Fast and Furious, yes... I accredit 101% of my current Mustang build to a movie I saw with Vin Diesel when I was in middle school. I said to myself, sure this movie doesn't have a Mustang, but someday I'm going to go to college, work for years on end, get married, then save for more years on end to afford my dream car chock full of horsepower, all so I can stand in a circle surrounded by Civics and proudly proclaim, "Winning's winning" to the boisterous approval of my fist pumping groupies engulfing me, pumping up my ego while flexing my biceps and winning pink slips after a long day's work!

You pegged me right out of the gate!

See... I can be sarcastic too. Yay. How about this... the way I spend my $40k is my decision, I am here on this forum for FUN, and what... the... F... does it matter what I DO with MY car, as long as it's pleasing to me, and we're all here for the same ultimate reason - to enjoy and bask in the glow of the car culture and manifest what we individually assign worthiness to in our automobile builds?

Now... back on track. If anyone else wants to play couch psychiatrist based on the fact I went a couple inches over what Roush's come with from the factory, or that I put a subwoofer in the back of my car, flame on. For those of you who want to enjoy horsepower, the American revolution of car modding, and polite discourse and discussion of torque and making envisioned dreams come true... you're more than welcome to join me and offer up any and all advice, remarks, and thoughts. Can't believe the blatant rudeness and misdirected hate and flaming stemming from jealously that has somehow infested this thread from some people. To the rest of you, THANKS, and let's move on and keep doing what we enjoy, and respecting what others enjoy at the same time!!!

Exxxxxxxxxactly... I'm going to start copy/pasting that, haha!

aren't you forgetting something to be VIN?

anywho, sweet numbers, can't wait to see the exterior...
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Unfortunately u will run across this behavior at any forum especially the s197 forum. That forum has some great info but wow some of the threads are amazing. It would be interesting to see how people would approach you given it was in person. I beleive the responses would be different however there are few who stay true with there opinions. Im sure anyone who has started a thread about there own car were perhaps a bit dissappointed with some opinions that may have varied from their own. I think its really funny the people that post surveys on what kind of rims to buy or what hood everyone else likes. Then once there poll is done they buy that particular mod.

Anyway enjoy what your doing as there are some here that would like follow along and see this to the end.
Great point about how people would act in real life vs how they portray themselves as the holy car spirit mixed with Shelby and Roush all in one online. I have a hard time believing someone would strut up to me in public and say "Pssssh, LAME, how you gonna get traction with those two extra inches over what Shelby and Roush use on their cars? Pathetic... get a clue moron, haven't you heard you should always conduct your life and purchases based on what other self-proclaimed experts think and scoff at?" Hehe.

Thanks for your positive energy man, I have the car back Tuesday when I return from out of town. It's been raining EVERY DAY here this week, and I didn't want to rush the paint shop to have it done by today.

ONE THING I am REALLY disappointed with, is the rear valence that came with the side exhaust kit from Cervini, is that it doesn't fit the rear bumper supposedly according to the body shop guy, of the GT California Special. He already prepped, primed, and painted it BEFORE fitting it to see if it works, isn't that backwards? WHY SHOULD I PAY for the labor and paint for something he did in reverse order!?

Correct.
Thanks
Old 10-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I know Mishri personally.

He's just F'n with you btw. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

I know Mishri personally.

He's just F'n with you btw. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Oh it's totally no big deal... I know every person has their own likes and dislikes, and somewhere along the way in any hobby or profession we all adopt a certain set of do's and don't as our 'creed,' like 22 inch wheels being a no-no in the world of muscle car culture. For me, I am mating what I consider in my own mind a perfect harmony of function and aesthetics, traditional and contemporary.

At any rate... the only thing I'm not happy about, is winter coming so soon!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:03 PM
kjay

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
Oh I see what you're saying, it shows up on my dash. I remember this happening a long time ago in a Pontiac I owned when I would hit snow or ice, makes sense now thanks. You're saying if I have this permanently disabled by the techs at the tune shop, this will stay on my dash, but if I manually disable the TCS every time I start the car up, I won't see it? Thanks for your advice.
Here is a link to instructions for building in auto-off functionality for your traction control. It's a DIY project but should solve your problem.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...ff-mod-462075/
Old 10-21-2011, 05:06 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
OP owned Mishri. TKO
Haha, I seriously... SERIOUSLY am not interested one iota in engaging in some sort of hissy fit online with anyone, it's senseless. But come on... taking time out of the day to log on and tear my personal opinions and ideal Mustang build down, and going the extra mile to compare me and the envisioned mods I have/will do as nothing more than copying the theme of an old racer-boy movie and then calling me arrogant... just wow.

Originally Posted by hollywub

*** And I run 20's in my car. I just can't smash first gear, it sits there, then sits in second 0 to 60mph in 10.5 seconds LOL!!!.

I built it for driving around and having fun, not for the 1/4 mile. I like going from 30 to 120mph and then being able to switch lanes.
I guess the above bolded sentence is what I have been trying to say this whole time.

Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!