Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 05:10 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hollywub
I never look at my factory gauges really. I just noticed the tire tracks. Oh well, I guess I will watch the road instead.

But seriously, I got tired of forgetting to switch it off, going to merge or take off and the traction control sounding like it was going to blow up the engine...
I have only taken a very brief couple minute drive in the car for nearly two months now that it's been at the tuners and paint shop, and during that time I did notice the car seemed VERY TIMID for a 500rwhp machine, it actually left me wanting a lot more to be honest, especially after the bank account getting abused so badly, haha!

So traction control (TCS) really does sort of limit or subdue the possible peak performance...? If so, THANK GOOOOOOOD!!!!

Originally Posted by highline

aren't you forgetting something to be VIN?

anywho, sweet numbers, can't wait to see the exterior...
NOS!!!!!!! What a movie. It influenced my entire life
Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kjay
Here is a link to instructions for building in auto-off functionality for your traction control. It's a DIY project but should solve your problem.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...ff-mod-462075/
Nice, I'll check it out... the tire warning sign will still show up on my gauges, or no? Thanks a lot. I might just ask my tuners to do it, because after 2 months of tearing the car apart I don't want to do anything that could compromise any internals.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:20 PM
kjay

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
Nice, I'll check it out... the tire warning sign will still show up on my gauges, or no? Thanks a lot. I might just ask my tuners to do it, because after 2 months of tearing the car apart I don't want to do anything that could compromise any internals.
The warning lights won't turn on. The circuitry acts like an automatic button press so that you don't have to do everytime you start your car.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kjay
The warning lights won't turn on. The circuitry acts like an automatic button press so that you don't have to do everytime you start your car.
Thanks, just read the article, looks really detailed with great pictures. I have a push button start, and the key has to be in run or start (not sure which yet because I haven't gotten it back), so not sure how they will affect the relay?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Yes the tire tracks WILL turn on and STAY on if you have TCS turned off in the tune. If that is what you guys are talking about above. Brenspeed did it for me and that was the result. And I wasn't the only one, have read about it numerous times.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 PM
kjay

With the Traction Control Auto Off Mod the TCS isn't turned off in the tune. You turn it off using the TCS button and it stays the next time you start the car. Push the TCS button again to turn it back on.

@MAXIMUS-GT - It works the same way if you use the push-to-start button.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I have one of those relays sitting in the closet. I've just been lazy enough it never got installed.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:14 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

The relay sounds like a great idea the more I read about it. Thanks fellas.

I am quite upset today, more so than I have been in a while... because it's the first gorgeous day, and surely one of the last, where I live by the East coast, and my car STILL isn't done.

I am SO underwhelmed and unimpressed by the paint shop I took the car too... every time I talk to him he has something petty to complain about or something to make an excuse about. "The racing stripes wouldn't come off, took me hours, they came off in 2 inch pieces no matter what I tried!" (He told me that on two back to back phone calls, I get it!) Also, he received the car TWO DAYS LATE from the performance tuning shop, and keeps saying "Well, if I would have had the car on time..." The only thing is, because of that two-day delay, he has NOW HAD THE CAR 1 WEEK AND FOUR DAYS longer than he originally said!

I have a great deal of anxiety over this entire portion of the build, because the tuning shop was so courteous, professional, and gave me a very good overall price for services rendered; whereas this guy just seems like some adolescent twerp tool trapped in a 35 year old's body. If the car isn't flawless when I go to pick it up, I'm going to be L-I-V-I-D!!!

Supposedly, that day... will be Tuesday November 1st. I can't even stand to type it, NOVEMBER!? Ugh. This entire project began September 14th, that's how long it's been since I've had my car. Unreal.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
Hi everyone,

Well it happened faster than I thought... after only owning my GT-CS for a couple of months, I was able to save up and I am ready to charge the beast!

I believe I am either going with the Stage-2 (throttle bottle + supercharger and intercooler) or the mac daddy "Mammoth" from Kenne Bell.

My questions are...
- What are the main differences (YES, I have read the site, many times, top to bottom, but the price difference isn't huge, and the Mammoth claims HP ratings of up to 800+, which I only want to be 550-600 to the WHEELS)
- Do I need an electric water pump?
- Should I go with X-Pipes and Shortie Headers (and if so, WHAT KINDS)?
- What other engine mods do I NEED in order to SAFELY hit 550-600RWHP without over-taxing the 4.6L?

Any other advice would be VERY welcomed. I am doing the side exhaust system from Cervinis as well, and want the pipes to be deep, loud, and powerful sounding, BUT NOT OBNOXIOUS to where they attract police or totally disturb the neighbors in a BAD WAY, so no muffler delete - just throaty aggressive super deep pipes)!

THANKS SO MUCH, I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
Your going to wreck your bottom end if you don't forge your internals... with those numbers that is basicly running a ticking time bomb or landmine on your gas peddle waiting to be stepped on >_>

Seen these motors go pop with 500 rwhp depends on the foot tho if you don't have lead foot syndrome should be fine for a while.. x,x

all in all congratz on the kit and enjoy it to the fullest

Last edited by Solitear; 10-22-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Never rush the painter. Save your complaints for when the job is done. By all means, let your complaints be known when the job is done, but a rushed paint job is no benefit to either of you.

Last edited by Diabolical!; 10-23-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!