Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Never rush the painter. Save your complaints for when the job is done. By all means, let your complaints be known when the job is done, but a rushed paint job is no benefit to either of you.
Thanks a lot for the advice, it makes a lot of sense... and I would never rush him, I actually encouraged him to take the weekend and Monday to complete it when I heard the obvious hesitancy in his voice. I am just totally disappointed in his performance, especially when compared to the engine tuning performance-portion of the build. "The racing stripes were so hard to take off," "The rear valence from Cervini that came with the side-exhausts doesn't seem to fit your California Special rear bumper right, but I already prepped and painted it, what should I do?" "I need at least another week."

So... shouldn't he test or 'dry' fit all of the body pieces BEFORE charging me for hours of labor and paint prepping, priming, and painting them before calling me and saying it doesn't "look right?!" with the rear valence? I AM NOT HAPPY, I don't feel like I should have to pay for that mistake and lazy approach to the job.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Just a random question... when this silvery beast is all done and I squeeze in one last nice day of weather before the cold sets in, WHO HERE ON THE FORUM IS THE BEST TO CONTACT to make one of those custom signature graphics for me that a lot of people have with the finalized version and nickname of the ride?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
anderman
1st Gear Member

ask in the chop shop section for a custom signature. heres a link https://mustangforums.com/forum/chop-shop-44/
Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the sig help above

UPDATE: Saw my caller ID light up with the Paint Shop a couple hourrs ago... my heart sank, I knew it could only mean one thing. The car wont be ready until Thursday now, he ran into fitment issues with the 3rear piece Cervini spoiler and single flat black Super Snake stripe. Anyway... my day was shot. The worst past is... I am RAPIDLY running out of nice weather, and patience. However, I stayed calm and understanding on the phone, because when I finally pick the car up, I want to be able to drive it straight to a car show!

Sorry for any typos, did this real quick on way to gym from cell phone.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

You are handling it well. It will be worth the wait.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

You are handling it well. It will be worth the wait.
Thanks a lot man, I hope so... I just hate when a business owner makes excuses of any kind, sounds childish and unprofessional. Hopefully Thursday this will all blow over when I am blown away with my jaw on the ground!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:31 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

It really sucks anytime there are delays! But I am certain it will be WELL worth the wait when you pick her up!! Just keep focused on the fact that you're about to have your dream car
Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

dude i'm excited to see this!...can't imagine what you're feeling...ALMOST THERE!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

OP owned Mishri. TKO
I don't see how that could be possible. He responded with sarcasm.. which i'm pretty sure means yes, he is going to take his car out to car shows and parking lots and brag about his 500whp vehicle and never race.

The only thing he needs next is some underglow lighting. then he'll fit in perfectly with the others.

That being said, I do look forward to reading/seeing his completed car, i'm sure it will be nice. It's just a disagreement on what a performance vehicle is for and the best way to spend money on the car.. like i'd put little/no money in the appearance, and focus on a built engine and either a big S/C or a turbo and some suspension and drag wheels/tires.

Last edited by Mishri; 10-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
I don't see how that could be possible. He responded with sarcasm.. which i'm pretty sure means yes, he is going to take his car out to car shows and parking lots and brag about his 500whp vehicle and never race.

The only thing he needs next is some underglow lighting. then he'll fit in perfectly with the others.

That being said, I do look forward to reading/seeing his completed car, i'm sure it will be nice. It's just a disagreement on what a performance vehicle is for and the best way to spend money on the car.. like i'd put little/no money in the appearance, and focus on a built engine and either a big S/C or a turbo and some suspension and drag wheels/tires.
Which is why...... you own your car, and I own mine

Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!