Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #301
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
We went over it. Even the Kenne Bell guys stepped in to confirm that the Kenne Bell runs much hotter than the Whipple. Maximus is just amped about his car. I remember that "just boosted" feeling.

Welcome back Maximus. How's she running?
I will agree with the others. My KB runs hot at 15psi. Many have told me, shops and tuners, but I fixed the issue and it no longer is an issue.

The whipple 2.3 almost runs identical power numbers to a 2.6 KB. I love my choice and I would have been happy with a whipple too.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #302
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
Ummmmm, After reading this insane thread, it sounds like you fall easily for advertising hype and have more money than sense.
It's always a pleasure to have such insightful and genuine fellow car lovers stop by to take time from their day to show was a jack off they are! Well done, you truly have perfect form. "Ummmmmmmm," gay.

Now, barring that you have any more super-dee-duper words of sarcastic wisdom to bestow upon us all, proving your true colors even more, feel more than free to go get back to the business of leading a spiteful arrogant life of mediocrity that evidently allows ample time to insert your infantile cute little comments as a weak-wristed attempt at insult. Awe, fail.
MAXIMUS-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #303
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
We went over it. Even the Kenne Bell guys stepped in to confirm that the Kenne Bell runs much hotter than the Whipple. Maximus is just amped about his car. I remember that "just boosted" feeling.

Welcome back Maximus. How's she running?
HEY MY MAN! She's really running great! I still have a list a mile long it seems concerning mods I still have in the pipeline. The ultimate vision of course is to go fully forges, and see what sitting behind the steering wheel of a 900hp machine feels like. Is it because I'm a professional race car driver, a sponsored Ford Racing demo car, or I pitch tents at quarter mile tracks and obsess over shaving milliseconds off my time? Nope, I'm just a very enthused and dedicated car lover, for the sake of the American heritage and excitement of it. "Some" people just don't get that, I suppose we all have to conform to their restrictive little self-defined box of what auto-philes should truly be, lest we be insulted and poked fun at - what a great way to live a life huh, bouncing from thread to thread and putting people down.

Luckily though, aside from Mr. Wicked-Awesome above who showed me a thing or two and put me in my place, this thread and car culture isn't nearly as single minded or prejudiced against guys who merely work overtime every week and devote their ordinary income to an extraordinary pursuit. I must be some millionaire right, I mean, millionaires trick out Mustangs.

THANK YOU to all the great people of this thread, it's been a really fun time and a delight mostly, aside from the shock-and-horror I have exposed some people to when they see the number "2" following the first "2" and my wheels sinfully go two WHOLE inches over and above the commonly accepted circumference.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #304
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I would tell how retarded I thought your wheels/tires were if I saw you in person. But that doesn't make you any less of a Mustang fan as anyone else. It just means you have poor taste. I"m just kidding.

Tires and wheels aside, you're doing just fine. You won't get to 900 hp with that blower, but you can get some good numbers. With stock heads/cams/exhaust I make 565 rwhp @15 psi. Give me some heads/cams/long tubes and a 20 psi pulley and I can probably get close to the mid or high 600s.

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #305
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT View Post
My wheels sinfully go two WHOLE inches over and above the commonly accepted circumference.
I'd say about 7" over my acceptable diameter.
A lot of guys on here can be abrasive, but it doesn't mean they aren't a wealth of knowledge. It's the web, brush it off. Keep updating!

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
DRAG RACE? ASK ME ABOUT MY UPR SUSPENSION.
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #306
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
I would tell how retarded I thought your wheels/tires were if I saw you in person. But that doesn't make you any less of a Mustang fan as anyone else. It just means you have poor taste. I"m just kidding.

Tires and wheels aside, you're doing just fine. You won't get to 900 hp with that blower, but you can get some good numbers. With stock heads/cams/exhaust I make 565 rwhp @15 psi. Give me some heads/cams/long tubes and a 20 psi pulley and I can probably get close to the mid or high 600s.
Zing! Haha. I wish I could get high 600's, but I keep being told that the components and block couldn't handle that kind of pressure. Until I go forged, I think I'm in a rut. Ha, "rut," I don't mean that in a bad way, I love my car and I'm happy to have been able to finally make it a reality, but I have been in racing Vipers before over 800 horsepower, and it's a night and day difference, it's scary powerful around 800+ horsepower, THAT's what I want.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #307
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I'd say about 7" over my acceptable diameter.
A lot of guys on here can be abrasive, but it doesn't mean they aren't a wealth of knowledge. It's the web, brush it off. Keep updating!
Well, somebody better tell world famous and renowned accomplished race car champion and living American iconic legend Carroll Shelby that... because on his own custom manufactured wheels that come on his Super Snake from the Las Vegas Headquarters, he only uses 20'' wheels on power-machines that produce up to a THOUSAND horsepower and are meant for both the quarter mile or weekend leisurely driving.

Look, if I was gung-ho and obsessed beyond measure with seeing the amount of nano-seconds I could shave off going in a straight line for 1/4 of a mile... I would swap the wheels out, as I've mentioned so many times those keys on my keyboard are worn out - ha! However, this car represents an image that I've always had in my head since childhood, I've always had a natural and intense attraction toward cars, this is merely the embodiment of that aspiration. If I'm going to spend years sacrificing little things like cable, going out to eat, going on lavish dates, buying new clothes, and on and on, all so I can finally reach a certain number in my bank account to make this all come to fruition, I'm not going to build a snooze-machine 'by the book' that will be uninspired and yawn-worthy, lost in the innumerable crowd of other "me too" Mustangs.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #308
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

Ur car looks badass
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #309
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Quote:
he only uses 20'' wheels on power-machines that produce up to a THOUSAND horsepower and are meant for both the quarter mile or weekend leisurely driving.
I'm one of the few defending your right to huge wheels, but I can promise you that those 20" shelbys don't hook up for, much less were meant for, quarter mile racing.

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #310
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Quote:
Well, somebody better tell world famous and renowned accomplished race car champion and living American iconic legend Carroll Shelby that... because on his own custom manufactured wheels that come on his Super Snake from the Las Vegas Headquarters, he only uses 20'' wheels on power-machines that produce up to a THOUSAND horsepower and are meant for both the quarter mile or weekend leisurely driving.
carol shelby hasn't made a decent performance car in years, and the highest hp one he makes right now is the 2012 super snake at 800hp that reviewers say gets no traction at all and has too much power for the limits of the tires. it's a show car for collectors, not for racing, it gets terrible 1/4 mile numbers. If you want 20s and like the way it looks with them fine keep them, but dont try to claim performance is fine with them, it isn't, you lose performance and in your eyes/mind it gains in looks and it's worth it, Go for it, doesn't matter to me.

yeah, as far as your goals you'll want to get a turbo and forged engine, messing around with a supercharger now will be a waste of money, chevykiller kept trying to push different superchargers but in the end he had to cave in and get the turbo too. you can get a block capable of handling the power and the turbo, and fuel system for around $12,000, less if you wait for someone to part their car out. in the mean time you are blowing a lot of cash on things taht wont get you where you want to be. oh, you'll also need a new transmission.. depends on how you want to go for how much that will cost.

For your dreams/goals the cheapest way to do it is to buy one someone else already blew all their money on. all the time I see monster s197 GTs selling for 30-35k. I saw a 850whp 2004 cobra going for 22k a few years ago... but it all depends on what you want I guess..

and i'm sorry, but.. "I'm not going to build a snooze-machine 'by the book' that will be uninspired and yawn-worthy, lost in the innumerable crowd of other "me too" Mustangs."

your car so far looks exactly like a ton of other mustangs out there... if you want to be unique you'll need a different vehicle because mustangs are a dime a dozen. as are camaros, challengers, corvettes. Even with your mods i've seen tons of others that look nearly the same, minor changes dont really make it not yawn worthy.

even this car, which is one of my favorite s197s, looks like any other body-kit mustang till you see under it's hood or go down the track, and he has a lot of custom stuff, even some exterior custom custom, check out those window louvers, actually ducting that directs air to the brakes, how effective they are though.. meh, i wasn't convinced.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe

Last edited by Mishri; 03-21-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #311
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford, Mustang GT
cavalliturbo

Mustangs and Camaros are def not a dime a dozen with $25k of mods on them. I live near one of the richest and most ridiculous areas in the country and a modified mustang or camaro to Maximus-GT's extent is rare. Most people change rims, tint, CAI...

Mishri built his car on the cheap and he is just jealous it seems...

Comp Turbo TT build in process, Haltech ECU, ID1300's, Fore Return Style, 6sp Magnum,SLP,3" Full Borla,Eaton,moly axles, 14" 2-piece, 1" Rr Sway Bar,BMR Loops-K-Member-Front CA taller ball joint,UMI Adj End Links,Bump Steer Kit,Tokico D-Specs,H&R Race Springs,C/C plates,Rear LCA,UPR Rear LCA brackets,Panhard Rod,Adj UCA,JDM stroker, ford racing stage 3 heads
hollywub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #312
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

All these swollen internet *****...

Nice car Maximus. Even if I don't like your wheels. Still very well done.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #313
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywub View Post
Mustangs and Camaros are def not a dime a dozen with $25k of mods on them. I live near one of the richest and most ridiculous areas in the country and a modified mustang or camaro to Maximus-GT's extent is rare. Most people change rims, tint, CAI...

Jealous of who exactly? want to compare 1/4 mile slips? I'm going April 14th and 15th. most people are running mid 11s at 118-119mph with my mods... not many are even hitting high 11s with your KB stage 2 on the 4.6L, most are running low 12s. Why would I be jealous of someone else's mustang? I sold my '07 sohc 3 valve 4.6L, upgraded to the dohc 4 valve 5.0L.

I see modified mustangs all over the place around here. who cares how much you spent on it? there are 2 terminator cobras in town with 780-850whp, there is a 1200whp 1993 5.0 here, I see a blue 06 saleen around all the time. I see atleast 5 mustangs and/or camaros every day just driving 10 blocks to work. they blend in and people don't notice them. People aren't all like, oo check out that mustang. but when a ferrari, lambo or Ford GT shows up, then people notice, it doesn't matter what kind of wheels or body kit you put on your mustang, it still looks like a mustang. My dad can't even tell the difference between my car and a 1999 mustang. although he always was more of a camaro guy.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe

Last edited by Mishri; 03-22-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #314
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outceltj View Post
Ur car looks badass
THANKS MAN! I have a friend who is an absolute photography and cinematography genius who actually asked me (not the other way around) to do a full 'demo video' on my car, so he can start to reach out to other car lovers, creating a sort of "Virtual Scrap Book," in high definition of guys' beloved rides. He even does aerial videography!

Now that I'm thinking of it, it would be awesome to hire him for a few portions of your car's "build" so it can all evolve on film, and you'd have something forever to remember it by, and showcase at car shows and to family and friends and Face Book/You Tube.

Anyway, I'm really excited about it... but it won't happen until late in the summer because I still have a few cosmetic 'fixes' I want to tackle first!

Quote:
I'm one of the few defending your right to huge wheels, but I can promise you that those 20" shelbys don't hook up for, much less were meant for, quarter mile racing.
Either... is... mine
Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #315
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywub View Post

Ha, hey I don't know what fuels his or other people's fires - and I'm not really concerned. Even as surprised and admittedly sad as I am about the fact that on car forums with grown men who all share similar passions with slightly different twists to them still take time to chastise and belittle someone else's dream because it doesn't fit the confines of their own rigid "horsepower religious system," doesn't alter the fact I still get to drive and admire something that I built and continue to refine that I've always fantasized about.

I suppose no internet forum of any sort is free of the perilous pitfalls of jealously, immaturity, and a sheer excess of free time to devote toward attempting to tear some online stranger's dreams down. It's all childish, and I have the ability to skip over their posts with my eyeballs and move on, haha, which I often do

Quote:
All these swollen internet *****...

Nice car Maximus. Even if I don't like your wheels. Still very well done.
Thanks man! SEE... now THAT'S a post! "I don't like (insert anything here), BUT... sharp ride!"
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #316
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford, Mustang GT
cavalliturbo

Talking about rims and tires.... I just left GroupA Racing's office and they had street cars with Toyo street slicks all around. They were running 20X10's in the front with 285/35 and 20X11's in the rear with 315/35 on a 2011 Camaro. 20X9.5 and 20x10.5 on a 2010 Mustang. They were Toyo R888. I want to see how my car handles with these. Again. They were all around, not just on the rear. http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/pr...petition-tires

Comp Turbo TT build in process, Haltech ECU, ID1300's, Fore Return Style, 6sp Magnum,SLP,3" Full Borla,Eaton,moly axles, 14" 2-piece, 1" Rr Sway Bar,BMR Loops-K-Member-Front CA taller ball joint,UMI Adj End Links,Bump Steer Kit,Tokico D-Specs,H&R Race Springs,C/C plates,Rear LCA,UPR Rear LCA brackets,Panhard Rod,Adj UCA,JDM stroker, ford racing stage 3 heads
hollywub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #317
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: carless
LastTransam02

I like your car Maximus. If I saw your "dime a dozen" Mustang I would have a tough time trying not to drool uncontrollably. Major thumbs up my man!
BlackGT45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #318
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGT45th View Post
I like your car Maximus. If I saw your "dime a dozen" Mustang I would have a tough time trying not to drool uncontrollably. Major thumbs up my man!
Haha, thanks man!! I really appreciate that
Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 410, bell, difference, discount, drag, gears, gt, kenne, mammoth, mustang, s197, stage, supercharger, time, whats