Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OhEightGT
It really sucks anytime there are delays! But I am certain it will be WELL worth the wait when you pick her up!! Just keep focused on the fact that you're about to have your dream car
FINALLY RECEIVED CONFIRMATION... picking the car up from the painter tomorrow morning (Fri)! Then driving to tuners to have a FINAL tune, header tightening, exhaust tip adjustment to fir in the Cer side skirts, and the gauges with shift light installed!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:30 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
dude i'm excited to see this!...can't imagine what you're feeling...ALMOST THERE!!!
It will be hard to sleep tonight!

Also, the awesome part is tomorrow's weather is supposed to be VERY nice (for Ohio at least). I took off work to drive alllllll day! Wooooooooo.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

So excited for you and to see your car!!It's been a long journey for you and hard to wait, but I am sure it will all feel well worth it tomorrow right? I know some people think the "flash" is useless, personally I nearly never beat on my car and it just doesn't get track time... For some people life/the quality of the car is all wrapped up in how fast it gets down the track, which is fun! But for some of us, it's even more fun to cruise around in a machine we love with all kinds of power on tap if we want it, but at the same time having the back seat or a nice stereo or wheels, etc. just a bad *** muscle car tastefully done and not all about the last little tenths at the strip. Some prefer form, some prefer function, some love a mix of them!

Both ways are great and I love seeing people's dreams come together! That's what makes being an automotive enthusiast so much fun!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:19 AM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

I think its worse when you see a car with drag radials and it has a tune or intake or exhaust done and runs high 12's low13's. Who cares. His car can have drag radials in 5 mintues and would pull away from most mustangs so I am not sure why you would have any negative comments on it?

I personally like a mustang or any car with something done other than stock to the appearance. Its boring to be the same as the car on the lot.

Who want to drive around with drag radials? I don't. I don't feel like breaking something either.

Not everyone cares about 1/4" mile times on the street.

I don't see drag radials on E63's all over the place.

And if he puts neon on his car, someone please burn it... jajaja

Originally Posted by Mishri
I don't see how that could be possible. He responded with sarcasm.. which i'm pretty sure means yes, he is going to take his car out to car shows and parking lots and brag about his 500whp vehicle and never race.

The only thing he needs next is some underglow lighting. then he'll fit in perfectly with the others.

That being said, I do look forward to reading/seeing his completed car, i'm sure it will be nice. It's just a disagreement on what a performance vehicle is for and the best way to spend money on the car.. like i'd put little/no money in the appearance, and focus on a built engine and either a big S/C or a turbo and some suspension and drag wheels/tires.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hollywub
I think its worse when you see a car with drag radials and it has a tune or intake or exhaust done and runs high 12's low13's. Who cares. His car can have drag radials in 5 mintues and would pull away from most mustangs so I am not sure why you would have any negative comments on it?

I personally like a mustang or any car with something done other than stock to the appearance. Its boring to be the same as the car on the lot.

Who want to drive around with drag radials? I don't. I don't feel like breaking something either.

Not everyone cares about 1/4" mile times on the street.

I don't see drag radials on E63's all over the place.

And if he puts neon on his car, someone please burn it... jajaja
Perfectly said Thanks so much. Seems many people are saying all the things I have been thinking and trying to express. IF the time DOES ever come when I want to be times on I a track, a tire swap is as easy as getting gas. All this fuss about wheel circumference. The car is my own embodiment of my vision and likes/passions. Can't believe individuality is attempted to be discouraged and even poked fun at and lowered to insults pertaining to Fast and Furious, on an adult car forum.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

So excited for you and to see your car!!It's been a long journey for you and hard to wait, but I am sure it will all feel well worth it tomorrow right? I know some people think the "flash" is useless, personally I nearly never beat on my car and it just doesn't get track time... For some people life/the quality of the car is all wrapped up in how fast it gets down the track, which is fun! But for some of us, it's even more fun to cruise around in a machine we love with all kinds of power on tap if we want it, but at the same time having the back seat or a nice stereo or wheels, etc. just a bad *** muscle car tastefully done and not all about the last little tenths at the strip. Some prefer form, some prefer function, some love a mix of them!

Both ways are great and I love seeing people's dreams come together! That's what makes being an automotive enthusiast so much fun!
What a positive outlook and post my friend, very well stated. I am blown away by the amount of feedback and views this thread has received, all from me chasing after the materialization of a dream. With constant dedication towards savings and patience, life afforded me the ability to finally build a machine worthy of my ultimate goals.

ALSO... I HAVE A BIT OF A SURPRISE!

Guess what I picked up this morning????????? She purrs like I have never heard, its hypnotizing from the drivers seat with the window down, the side exhausts really give off a deep melodic note of power.

I followed advice given by the awesome members here, and turned the TCS off... although I haven't gotten on the pedal at all yet. I did hit 84 on the highway without even knowing it, just passing someone.

Pictures to come soon! I need to find a worthy background for taking them first, and of course as I have said I am fighting father time with winter close on my heels.

The pain shop did a pretty good job, but used the cheap inluded 2 sided tape I advised him not too, and the single vinyl Super Snake vinyl stripe was wrinkled in one spot on the hood. Was I 100% satisfied... no, but does the car look absolutely eye explodingly blissful??? YES.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:35 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congrats MAXIMUS-GT! glad you were able to get the car this morning in time
to enjoy it for awhile.

with power on tap such as we have (450+), we have to always expect the
tires to break loose at any time. passing in third gear can be tricky and
even on dry pavement under the right conditions it can get squirelly. be safe
out there and always maintain a huge respect for the power and you'll be fine.

pics pics pics!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you! I'm sorry to hear that some of the details with the two sided tape and stripe were not dead on for you :/ But hopefully that can be easily remedied sometime in the near future! For now just enjoy driving it before the bad weather sets in! Like Hammeron said, be safe! My car isn't forced induction (yet) but is basically everything but that, and even at just that much power, it is quite a bit more easy to get squirelly than stock. Just take it easy and get used to it, and most of all enjoy it! Can't wait to see (and hear??) your dream! Car was already gorgeous, I bet now it is jaw droppingly stunning...
Old 10-28-2011, 04:40 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Can't believe it finally happened... WOWZA. I spent a few hours at the tuners for the gauges to be installed and wired, and a final tune to be done, along with the side exhaust adjustment so they fit right in the ovals cut out of the side valence. While adjusting the exhaust tips and placement, we noticed the paint shop owner literally tried to YANK down on the mufflers with PLIERS and ended up causing pretty aggressive damage to the chrome lips and trim on the exhaust. Within only a few hours I have a LIST of items that are sub par by far, but when it comes to the engine tune and install of the supercharger and exhaust etc, ABSOLUTELY HAPPY IN EVERY WAY.

***Also..... I HAVE A PICTURE AND A VIDEO I AM GOING TO TRY AND UPLOAD!!! Don't think I can do videos here, and I don't have a Youtube account though, but let me upload the picture (NEXT POST)

The exhaust sounds BETTER than I had hoped for/imaged... which was a tall order to fill. In first and second it sounds like pure ejaculatory heaven (excuse the crude imagery).

Originally Posted by hammeron
congrats MAXIMUS-GT! glad you were able to get the car this morning in time
to enjoy it for awhile.

with power on tap such as we have (450+), we have to always expect the
tires to break loose at any time. passing in third gear can be tricky and
even on dry pavement under the right conditions it can get squirelly. be safe
out there and always maintain a huge respect for the power and you'll be fine.

pics pics pics!
To be honest, I am intimidated by the car... I CANNOT in any way/shape/form open up the throttle in first AT ALL, and in second it's still very tricky/impossible.

THANKS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you! I'm sorry to hear that some of the details with the two sided tape and stripe were not dead on for you :/ But hopefully that can be easily remedied sometime in the near future! For now just enjoy driving it before the bad weather sets in! Like Hammeron said, be safe! My car isn't forced induction (yet) but is basically everything but that, and even at just that much power, it is quite a bit more easy to get squirelly than stock. Just take it easy and get used to it, and most of all enjoy it! Can't wait to see (and hear??) your dream! Car was already gorgeous, I bet now it is jaw droppingly stunning...
Thanks 08! Very nice words. Somehow, the car looks even more stunning in person than it does in a picture, although I have only taken one picture basically. When you look on it with your eyes, you're drawn to the curves and the overall look rather than a still picture. Anyway, I'm going to upload the picture I snapped, and then head back out on the road. 93 octane..... OUCH
Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Arrow

I don't want to sound like a jerk for 'downplaying' this amazing and beautiful machine... but it truly does looks much more head turning and just all out mind blowing in real life when the sun hits it etc etc. Enjoy!

PS: The exhaust and engine sound is just surreal... almost indescribable. I think I'm going to create a Youtube account JUST for the car, unless there's some other solution?

(I have the video on my Face Book account, but I don't like linking the 'internet' to that, because it shows who I am and personal information)
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!-339446_10100375704991214_23303664_50104133_653333976_o.jpg  

Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!