Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #41
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by highline View Post
thanks...same color & car here...was wondering what my car would look like with 22s...also wonder what it would look like with turrets...can't wait for the "finished" pics...
You're welcome What are turrets?

OFFICIALLY ORDERED EVERYTHING LAST NIGHT!!! Super Snake Hood, Super Snake vinyl matte black stripe kit, Shelby Hood Pin kit, Raxiom chrome LED headlights with the best bulbs offered, Cervini Ductail spoiler, Cervini Side Exhaust system with Side Skirts, Painted Headlight Splitters, Painted side scoops used on Shelby's concept car, Push Button Start, 9'' Shorty Antenna, Shelby Black Fuel Door, and DVD Navigation/DVD player!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenne Bell Supercharger Stage-2 and Intercooler System with 130mm Throttle Body and competition cone filter, plus full Kooks Exhaust System (X pipes, long headers, high flow cats) are being installed RIGHT NOW.

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
MAXIMUS-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #42
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmoke View Post
I can understand you like the 22"s. although I HATE that size wheel.
It leaves no room for good rubber.

If you are supercharging your car with such power as you say then you obviously want the best bang for your buck.

Those 22"s are going to SLOW your car down buddy.
It makes no sense really to spend that much cash making a monster
power car and just slowing it down because of some "BLING".

You NEED good rubber for that power my friend.
You REALLY need to go to a lower sized wheel.
The rubber will make your car look much more like a beast as well and not just like some bling bling guy.

Don't forget the Mustang is a muscle car and muscle is built to have rubber and LOOK like it has the rubber to smoke others.

Really man... you will be doing yourself a HUGE favor if you drop that wheel size.
At least go with some 19"s or 20"s.

I know it's your car and your right but come on man.. you aren't driving a donk.
You are driving a muscled-out Mustang. Give the car it's due.
Some 19"s or 20"s will at least give you SOME rubber to show.

22"s in my opinion also make the car look like it has bicycle wheels with little tires.
Like a ten speed or something hehe.

You won't regret dropping those 22"s for some smaller tires when all is set and done.
In fact you will thank yourself later.
Your car isn't a "pimp my ride".

Your car is a "blow the doors off your competitor" car!
Drop those 22"s and put some muscle rubber on it!
That much power NEEDS good rubber my friend!
I hear ya loud and clear.... however, I am not a race car driver, and if I ever want to hit the drag, I will simply swap tires for the day. I unashamedly admit that this project is a life long pre-pubscent ambition finally come to frution, and if I am spending the $40,000 to make it all a reality, I need to never stray from my own personal vision of power, sound, AND yes aesthetics. Swapping wheels is easy peasy if the time should arise that I need to, but watering down something I am thrilled with from front to back as my own baby and project car for personal fulfillment simply to adhere to come purported dogma revolving around this type of car would be doing a major insult and dis-service to myself, my dreams, and my bank account. This super stang isn't for car shows or street racing, I care too much about people touching the paint, totalling the car, or seeing my insurance rates sky rocket to do that, it's about achieving something for personal enjoyment.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #43
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

I think you may have traciton issues with how much power you are putting down. The 500whp "limit" on the stock block isn't entirely true, some people have blown their engines under 400whp, someone is running like 550whp by running race gas 100% of the time on the stock block with hundreds if not thousands of 1/4 mile passes.

If you are dead set on keeping the 22s (you might not be after you get the car back with the supercharger and can't get traction and cant get a good tire in that size) you can get some 4.10 gears to help make up for some of that. despite what someone else said someone I know with 4.10s and a KB supercharger still likes the 4.10s. It's like everyone telling me not to do 4.10s in my auto, info like that always comes from someone who hasn't done it.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #44
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
I think you may have traciton issues with how much power you are putting down. The 500whp "limit" on the stock block isn't entirely true, some people have blown their engines under 400whp, someone is running like 550whp by running race gas 100% of the time on the stock block with hundreds if not thousands of 1/4 mile passes.

If you are dead set on keeping the 22s (you might not be after you get the car back with the supercharger and can't get traction and cant get a good tire in that size) you can get some 4.10 gears to help make up for some of that. despite what someone else said someone I know with 4.10s and a KB supercharger still likes the 4.10s. It's like everyone telling me not to do 4.10s in my auto, info like that always comes from someone who hasn't done it.
Thanks for your input, I have looked at the gears before, but if anything after all these mods, I will only be buying a new shifter, clutch, flywheel, and Baer Extreme front and back brakes. I will only be going fast in a straight line, and when it is safe, like I said in my post above, I am not a race car driver and this project car is only meant to serve the completion of a dream and ambition.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #45
highline
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 14 Tremor

fulfilling dreams is awesome...congrats on this!
highline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #46
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
fulfilling dreams is awesome...congrats on this!
Thank you so much! Cervini has to wait on the tips before sending out the exhaust... which means, it will be about three months before it ships haha! They said "Monday,"I so we'll see; last time I ordered quarter window scoops they took TWO months!!! I called four times during those 2 months and was basically lied to with different answered EVERY time.

Lesson Learned: Order from American Muscle. They're quarter window louvers and side scoops shipped out the NEXT day both times I ordered over the last few weeks.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #47
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT View Post
Thank you so much! Cervini has to wait on the tips before sending out the exhaust... which means, it will be about three months before it ships haha! They said "Monday,"I so we'll see; last time I ordered quarter window scoops they took TWO months!!! I called four times during those 2 months and was basically lied to with different answered EVERY time.

Lesson Learned: Order from American Muscle. They're quarter window louvers and side scoops shipped out the NEXT day both times I ordered over the last few weeks.
You have one amazing car and it's getting better all the time! But right... Not to bash any other supplier but you cannot go wrong with American Muscle. I have ordered from a few suppliers, and can't say anything bad about them to be honest, but AM is on top of things and I've never had more than 3 business days before I got my parts, and I have never gotten a part that needed repaired or returned.
OhEightGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #48
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhEightGT View Post
You have one amazing car and it's getting better all the time! But right... Not to bash any other supplier but you cannot go wrong with American Muscle. I have ordered from a few suppliers, and can't say anything bad about them to be honest, but AM is on top of things and I've never had more than 3 business days before I got my parts, and I have never gotten a part that needed repaired or returned.
Thanks for your kind words about the silver stallion

I wasn't bashing Cervini per-se, only highlighting the amazing service and turnaround time with American Muscle, I even shipped back a shift **** once and the credit was reflected on my card in a day or two, they are light years ahead. I like Cervinis parts, just spent another $1,500 on a side exhaust and $300 on their ducktail spoiler two nights ago online, but I can't stand their shipping and inventory issues

Looks like with shipping times, paint and prep work, tuning and everything else... this current nearly final phase of what I call the gym "Mustang Manifest" will be done by October 1st!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #49
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford, Mustang GT
cavalliturbo

Good to see you made a decision on the KB.

I have 285/30/20's in the rear and I sometimes just bake them and sometimes i get decent launches. I do have my entire suspension done and a SPEC3 Clutch and 1 piece driveshaft that I think helps with feel...

Just go with what you like. I don't like the way 18's look on mustangs. So you get some drag from the wheels... its no more than 20 rwhp... It will feel better with light wheels and 18's though. That seems to be the favorite road race size...

When you have another 3k or 4k, I will give you the list of my suspension and drivetrain upgrades... It never ends.

Good luck!

Comp Turbo TT build in process, Haltech ECU, ID1300's, Fore Return Style, 6sp Magnum,SLP,3" Full Borla,Eaton,moly axles, 14" 2-piece, 1" Rr Sway Bar,BMR Loops-K-Member-Front CA taller ball joint,UMI Adj End Links,Bump Steer Kit,Tokico D-Specs,H&R Race Springs,C/C plates,Rear LCA,UPR Rear LCA brackets,Panhard Rod,Adj UCA,JDM stroker, ford racing stage 3 heads
hollywub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #50
highline
4th Gear Member

what brand of rubber you run on those 285/30/20s holly?
Old 09-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywub View Post
Good to see you made a decision on the KB.

I have 285/30/20's in the rear and I sometimes just bake them and sometimes i get decent launches. I do have my entire suspension done and a SPEC3 Clutch and 1 piece driveshaft that I think helps with feel...

Just go with what you like. I don't like the way 18's look on mustangs. So you get some drag from the wheels... its no more than 20 rwhp... It will feel better with light wheels and 18's though. That seems to be the favorite road race size...

When you have another 3k or 4k, I will give you the list of my suspension and drivetrain upgrades... It never ends.

Good luck!
Here is what I am planning on for the Spring 2012 // TOTAL = $8,025 plus Labor:

1. Suspension $900: http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...em-0510gt.html
2. Clutch $360: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...lutch-Kit.html
3. Billet Flywheel $280: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Flywheel.html
4. Shelby Baer Extreme Brakes:
- Front $3,000 http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Calipers.html
- Rear $3,200 http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Calipers.html
5. New Shifter to replace current Hurst $285: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...er-w-****.html (OR) http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Shipping.html

Other than that... I can't think of anything else that I would even need, a torque converter or rear differential?

Question: With the Cervini side exhaust I'm having installed next week, I can't drop the ride height too much, so I'm looking for a suspension package that allows ADJUSTABLE ride height. Do I need separate shocks or something different?

Last edited by MAXIMUS-GT; 09-23-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #52
highline
4th Gear Member

yea, suspension guru's will surely chime in, but you'll need something like koni adjustables...geeze man, wtf you trying to build, the sweetest CS ever? I truley hope you don't have to drive that beauty in the OH winters...
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #53
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
yea, suspension guru's will surely chime in, but you'll need something like koni adjustables...geeze man, wtf you trying to build, the sweetest CS ever? I truley hope you don't have to drive that beauty in the OH winters...
All are welcomed and encouraged to chime in!

Well, as far as what my ultimate vision is... just creating the meanest, baddest, cleanest, more powerful GT with about forty grand.

EDIT: Here are some adjustable items that just might fit the bill perfectly to get a firmer stance, ride, and ride-height... WITHOUT going to low, thought!?
1. IDEAL http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-clu...over-0509.html $1,400 (1.2 - 2.7 inches)
2. http://www.americanmuscle.com/tokico...trut-0509.html $600 (don't think these are adjustable, maybe they are just firmer ride struts and shocks)

How would these (#1) be mated with a suspension system that already comes with similar parts, like this... http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...em-0510gt.html

Last edited by MAXIMUS-GT; 09-23-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #54
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quick question: Aside from the suspension/adjustable ride-height coil over question above, something has been really irking me... does anyone know of or have any pictures of a Mustang with a Super Snake hood paired with a Cervini front bumper?

This... http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/29...snake_hood.jpg
With this... http://carguideblog.com/wp-content/u...g-5.jpg?cda6c1

This is my ultimate vision, as it mates the two most dynamic and profound looks and engineered pieces available in my opinion, and I believe they would make a UNIQUE combination that I have yet to see anywhere in person or online!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #55
kput
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang Coupe
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1630522258

I'm so insanely jealous of your ride.

When do we get to see vids?

91 BAMA Street Tune, Tunable Induction CAI,
4-Piston Front GT500 Brembo Brakes w/14" Rotors,
Custom Dual straight pipes w/ SLP Shotgun Resonators, BC Racing Coilovers
ZEX Dry Nitrous kit, 75 shot
4" Matte black fender marks, 19x9.5 Matte Black SVE Drifts,
Smoked turn signals, headlights, and side markers
LED switchback turn signals, 5000k HID headlights, Full GT/CS Body Kit

8.8 @ 86 1/8th Mile
kput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #56
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kput View Post
I'm so insanely jealous of your ride.

When do we get to see vids?
As soon as its done I will be obsessing over it with googly eyes and a camera for all to see.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #57
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Here is what I am planning on for the Spring 2012 // TOTAL = $8,025 plus Labor:

1. Suspension $900: http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...em-0510gt.html
2. Clutch $360: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...lutch-Kit.html
3. Billet Flywheel $280: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Flywheel.html
4. Shelby Baer Extreme Brakes:
- Front $3,000 http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Calipers.html
- Rear $3,200 http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Calipers.html
5. New Shifter to replace current Hurst $285: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...er-w-****.html (OR) http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...-Shipping.html

Other than that... I can't think of anything else that I would even need, a torque converter or rear differential?

Question: With the Cervini side exhaust I'm having installed next week, I can't drop the ride height too much, so I'm looking for a suspension package that allows ADJUSTABLE ride height. Do I need separate shocks or something different?
Leave your flywheel alone. The stock one is just fine.

Get the Mcleod RST clutch. Soft pedal and holds 800 rwhp. It is extremly durable. I have been making low 11 second passes for 3 years now on it and it drives like stock. I probably have 300 passes on this clutch.

If you blow your motor and rebuild with forged internals, you will have to get another flywheel anyways. Save the money you were going to spend on the flywheel and put it towards an RST. You will get zero performance gain by going to a billet flywheel. Mcleod created the RST with the idea of it being used with the stock flywheel.

Also, a torque convertor is for an automatic transmission.

Your differential is just fine too.

If you want an adjustable ride height, you will need a coil over type system. They are pretty expensive an dunless you are road racing they ajust aren't worth it IMO. The eibach pro kit you choose will probably be just fine. If it is too low, I think JPC makes an adjustable rear perch for the springs so you can raise the car a bit if needed.

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #58
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
All are welcomed and encouraged to chime in!

Well, as far as what my ultimate vision is... just creating the meanest, baddest, cleanest, more powerful GT with about forty grand.

EDIT: Here are some adjustable items that just might fit the bill perfectly to get a firmer stance, ride, and ride-height... WITHOUT going to low, thought!?
1. IDEAL http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-clu...over-0509.html $1,400 (1.2 - 2.7 inches)
2. http://www.americanmuscle.com/tokico...trut-0509.html $600 (don't think these are adjustable, maybe they are just firmer ride struts and shocks)

How would these (#1) be mated with a suspension system that already comes with similar parts, like this... http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...em-0510gt.html
The Tokico D Specs are adjustable and are very good shocks.

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #59
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
Leave your flywheel alone. The stock one is just fine.

Get the Mcleod RST clutch. Soft pedal and holds 800 rwhp. It is extremly durable. I have been making low 11 second passes for 3 years now on it and it drives like stock. I probably have 300 passes on this clutch.

If you blow your motor and rebuild with forged internals, you will have to get another flywheel anyways. Save the money you were going to spend on the flywheel and put it towards an RST. You will get zero performance gain by going to a billet flywheel. Mcleod created the RST with the idea of it being used with the stock flywheel.

Also, a torque convertor is for an automatic transmission.

Your differential is just fine too.

If you want an adjustable ride height, you will need a coil over type system. They are pretty expensive an dunless you are road racing they ajust aren't worth it IMO. The eibach pro kit you choose will probably be just fine. If it is too low, I think JPC makes an adjustable rear perch for the springs so you can raise the car a bit if needed.
I... love... this... website.

THANKS so much for the help. I am going to look everything up and do more research. Just a question, what makes the RST better than other clutches offered on Stage-3 Motorsports etc?

Example: What are the differences between these three?
1)
is $690 Mustang GT McLeod RST Twin Disc Clutch; http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...sc-Clutch.html
2)
is $400 GT RAM Powergrip HD Clutch Kit; http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...lutch-Kit.html
3) is $720 RST Street Twin Clutch Kit; http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MCL-6913-07
(*Aren't 1 & 3 the same... but one is $690 (Stage-3 website) and the other is $720 (Summit Racing website))?

I am going to look into the lowering kit and suspension... I mostly want it for the handling around corners and only a slight no more than an inch drop.

Last edited by MAXIMUS-GT; 09-26-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #60
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
The Tokico D Specs are adjustable and are very good shocks.
Do I need anything else with these for a tighter ride, like springs or coil overs or a sway bar? Thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 410, bell, difference, discount, drag, gears, gt, kenne, mammoth, mustang, s197, stage, supercharger, time, whats