Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #21
highline
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 13 HD

vegas!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
highline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #22
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT

congrats and can't wait to hear how you like the new
power
hammeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
05windviel
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6

wow you asked a lot of good questions and had a lot of great answers (why i love this forum). This will help my thoughts a lot as i have the KB in my mind as a future mod. Need to get a video up of the car when you get it back.
Custom muffler deletes
05windviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #24
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammeron View Post
congrats and can't wait to hear how you like the new
power
Either can I!! Kooks exhaust systems are made to order, which I didn't know, so they wil be shipped as soon as they are manufactured. I still believe as do the tuners/installers, that the ride will be ready after our vacation.

I will be doing a full weekend of love with her though, pictures, detailing, and a video walk around with exhaust sounds and all!

Thanks for the congrats!
MAXIMUS-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #25
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05windviel View Post
wow you asked a lot of good questions and had a lot of great answers (why i love this forum). This will help my thoughts a lot as i have the KB in my mind as a future mod. Need to get a video up of the car when you get it back.
This forum was/is/will be a huge... huge... HUGE help! Not only that, but I am making a sizable purchase from American Muscle to get me THAT much closer to finalizing the project with new side scoops, spoiler, hash vinyl dual stripes, shortie antenna, and eventually the rest of the Cervinis C-300 body kit, and the ram air hood!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #26
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Well, as many of you share in my healthy obsession with all things Mustang, although I am on vacation, I can't stop thinking about my silvery beauty back home. I contacted the install shop and also added on a triple gauge cluster with boost, air/fuel, and rpms with shift light!!!

Also, I FINALLY DECIDED 101% on what hood I am buying to paint and install to REALLY set my California Special off... THE SUPER SNAKE HOOD, absolutely gorgeous with functional induction AND heat vent extractors! Check it out here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/trufib...hood-0509.html

Also, I decided to match my recently installed quarter louvers with the matching side scoops, which I WILL BE CALLING AMERICAN MUSCLE to see if I can simply pay and wait to have them prepped and painted in their warehouse: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...coop-0509.html

Still up in the air about the front fendor vents... they would match perfectly and tie the side scoops into the car flawlessly.. buuuuuut, they look somewhat euro, and I want this thing to look clean, factory, and muscular!!! THOUGHT ON THESE GENTLEMEN? Here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/xenon-...coop-0509.html
Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #27
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

PS: Someone asked for an updated picture of the GT with the 22's... here is one that will VERY SOON be severely outdated when the new hood, side scoops, shortie antenna, and a few other mods will be performed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-09-13_17-34-29_580.jpg (28.8 KB, 56 views)
Old 09-18-2011, 03:51 AM   #28
rjwz28

Subbed for updates
rjwz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #29
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '07 Mustang GT

Hey Maximus,
Since you're in Vegas you HAVE to take the tour of the Shelby Museum and plant! You'll be able to see the awesomeness of the Kenne Bell there.

I'm here TDY and a group of us are doing it sometime this week.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #30
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
Hey Maximus,
Since you're in Vegas you HAVE to take the tour of the Shelby Museum and plant! You'll be able to see the awesomeness of the Kenne Bell there.

I'm here TDY and a group of us are doing it sometime this week.
A friend from back home just told me about this! I can't believe I never knew, it's my 7th year in Vegas. WE ARE GOING TUESDAY to the museum

PS: As far as updates, might not be any until Thursday or Friday when I pick the GT back up after our flight lands. But... what an update it will be!

PPS: I am just waiting to hear back from American Muscle on an email I wrote them with 4 questions before ordering, as SOON as I hear back, I am GETTING THE SUPER SNAKE HOOD and other goodies to come 90% of the way done with my Super Stang build!! *The only thing(s) I will have left at that point will be the Cervini C-300 front bumper and eventualluy read bumper and side skirts with side exhaust... then, aside from a little custom paint or vinyl work, I WILL BE DONE! $40,000 later
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 410, bell, difference, discount, drag, gears, gt, kenne, mammoth, mustang, s197, stage, supercharger, time, whats