Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

Mustangs and Camaros are def not a dime a dozen with $25k of mods on them. I live near one of the richest and most ridiculous areas in the country and a modified mustang or camaro to Maximus-GT's extent is rare. Most people change rims, tint, CAI...

Mishri built his car on the cheap and he is just jealous it seems...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

All these swollen internet *****...

Nice car Maximus. Even if I don't like your wheels. Still very well done.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by hollywub
Mustangs and Camaros are def not a dime a dozen with $25k of mods on them. I live near one of the richest and most ridiculous areas in the country and a modified mustang or camaro to Maximus-GT's extent is rare. Most people change rims, tint, CAI...

Jealous of who exactly? want to compare 1/4 mile slips? I'm going April 14th and 15th. most people are running mid 11s at 118-119mph with my mods... not many are even hitting high 11s with your KB stage 2 on the 4.6L, most are running low 12s. Why would I be jealous of someone else's mustang? I sold my '07 sohc 3 valve 4.6L, upgraded to the dohc 4 valve 5.0L.

I see modified mustangs all over the place around here. who cares how much you spent on it? there are 2 terminator cobras in town with 780-850whp, there is a 1200whp 1993 5.0 here, I see a blue 06 saleen around all the time. I see atleast 5 mustangs and/or camaros every day just driving 10 blocks to work. they blend in and people don't notice them. People aren't all like, oo check out that mustang. but when a ferrari, lambo or Ford GT shows up, then people notice, it doesn't matter what kind of wheels or body kit you put on your mustang, it still looks like a mustang. My dad can't even tell the difference between my car and a 1999 mustang. although he always was more of a camaro guy.

Last edited by Mishri; 03-22-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Ur car looks badass
THANKS MAN! I have a friend who is an absolute photography and cinematography genius who actually asked me (not the other way around) to do a full 'demo video' on my car, so he can start to reach out to other car lovers, creating a sort of "Virtual Scrap Book," in high definition of guys' beloved rides. He even does aerial videography!

Now that I'm thinking of it, it would be awesome to hire him for a few portions of your car's "build" so it can all evolve on film, and you'd have something forever to remember it by, and showcase at car shows and to family and friends and Face Book/You Tube.

Anyway, I'm really excited about it... but it won't happen until late in the summer because I still have a few cosmetic 'fixes' I want to tackle first!

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I'm one of the few defending your right to huge wheels, but I can promise you that those 20" shelbys don't hook up for, much less were meant for, quarter mile racing.
Either... is... mine
Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hollywub

Ha, hey I don't know what fuels his or other people's fires - and I'm not really concerned. Even as surprised and admittedly sad as I am about the fact that on car forums with grown men who all share similar passions with slightly different twists to them still take time to chastise and belittle someone else's dream because it doesn't fit the confines of their own rigid "horsepower religious system," doesn't alter the fact I still get to drive and admire something that I built and continue to refine that I've always fantasized about.

I suppose no internet forum of any sort is free of the perilous pitfalls of jealously, immaturity, and a sheer excess of free time to devote toward attempting to tear some online stranger's dreams down. It's all childish, and I have the ability to skip over their posts with my eyeballs and move on, haha, which I often do

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
All these swollen internet *****...

Nice car Maximus. Even if I don't like your wheels. Still very well done.
Thanks man! SEE... now THAT'S a post! "I don't like (insert anything here), BUT... sharp ride!"
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

Talking about rims and tires.... I just left GroupA Racing's office and they had street cars with Toyo street slicks all around. They were running 20X10's in the front with 285/35 and 20X11's in the rear with 315/35 on a 2011 Camaro. 20X9.5 and 20x10.5 on a 2010 Mustang. They were Toyo R888. I want to see how my car handles with these. Again. They were all around, not just on the rear. http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/pr...petition-tires
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

I like your car Maximus. If I saw your "dime a dozen" Mustang I would have a tough time trying not to drool uncontrollably. Major thumbs up my man!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackGT45th
I like your car Maximus. If I saw your "dime a dozen" Mustang I would have a tough time trying not to drool uncontrollably. Major thumbs up my man!
Haha, thanks man!! I really appreciate that