Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM
ExpatMedic

You could look into E-85 as well. Most cities have it, it's cheaper than 'race fuel', and you can make *BIG* numbers with it. A few down sides to it, of course, but it seems to be working well for many people with high boost applications.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
MustangFTW

i think its actually cheaper then gasoline atm. you would need a really good fuel system to get alot more fuel to the engine.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM
ExpatMedic

Originally Posted by MustangFTW
i think its actually cheaper then gasoline atm. you would need a really good fuel system to get alot more fuel to the engine.
Agreed. With the direction he is going, I'm assuming that base will be covered. Some nice big injectors and some big fuel pumps for the win.

There are many 1000rwhp cars running E85. It can be troublesome in the winter as well as long storage, but both can be alleviated with a little planning.

Keep in mind that many places also go to E70'ish during the winter w/o notification.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:28 PM
MustangFTW

agreed, they switch up the ethanol content at different times, each time they change it you will need a new tune to use it properly. this is probably the easiest way to get big numbers, or you can spray meth.
the meth will basically make 93 octane gas 120 octane gas

Old 12-23-2011, 05:55 AM
itsmymilkyway
1st Gear Member

i just read almost this entire thread and i am inspired to go even deeper in debt! haha wish i could take it for a ride man..
Old 12-23-2011, 01:48 PM
yfz450killer
1st Gear Member

I have been following this thread and I will not beat a dead horse on the wheel selection. I moved from 18"s to 20's on my car as well. I went with a way wider wheel and really sticky tires. My questions is why not be happy with the car you have? It is already a handful to control. I saw you mentioned 401K, I really hope you did not loot your 401K to put the money into a car. I have 2 2007 GT's. The orange one has a Roush M90, and it is 429 to the rear wheels and 419lbs of torque. I am pretty well maxed out on what I am demanding from the little M90 but it has an incredible whine and I am happy with the performance. After all it is a stock block. I live in Dallas so I did buy a bigger heat ex-changer and I plan on installing it next week so that I can keep the heat issue under control.
My white one is a sleeper. It looks bone stock, but has a Kenne-Belle stage 2 on it, with a racing clutch, bear slotted and drilled rotors, and hawk ceramic pads, and Corsa exhaust. Since I am only pushing 10lbs of boost there is no whine to it at all, which I like. That way when I break it off in some unsuspecting rice burners a** I can maintain that it is just a factory freak car. I will however if the day comes that I pop one or the other motor, be upgrading to a forged lower assembly. I have saved the links to the different options for when that day comes. Good luck with getting her just how you like her. Nice car and since its your FTW.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Murdered_Stang

Default JDM stroker

another option to take a glance at to reach your 1000hp capable motor is going with a JDMEngineering 3V 302E Stroker ShortblockMotor. i have read in other forums that people have had great customer service and they really like this option here is a link check it out. http://www.teamjdm.com/jdm-engineeri...rtblock-motor/
Old 03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by itsmymilkyway
i just read almost this entire thread and i am inspired to go even deeper in debt! haha wish i could take it for a ride man..
THANKS!

Thought it was fitting to come back and 'rejoin' the forum after a winter weather depressing 'hiatus' from posting. TONIGHT I TAKE THE BEAST BACK OUT OF THE GARAGE!

Just had my insurance changed over from storage back to full coverage... I have the day off work tomorrow, 70 degrees and a ZERO percent chance of rain. Seeeeeee yaaaaaaa!!!!!!

(I'll be more involved with the forum now that the weather has improved, thanks for being in this thread guys! I HAVE MORE PLANS FOR THE CAR THIS SPRING AND SUMMER... STAY TUNED)
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
If Whipple used billet as their primary construction material and didn't suck hot air in from under the hood, in all honesty I would be likely to actually buy the Whipple when all is said and done. One of the other factors I have never taken into account, which now that you mention it has me kind of furious to be honest, is the WHINE you said Whipple offers. I have been so, so, soooooooooooooo SO DISAPPOINTED in the fact I spent $14,000 last month on engine tunes, supercharger, and exhaust... and I DON'T HAVE THE SUPERCHARGER WHINE (something I've wanted for so much of my life).

Thanks for bringing that to my attention I always wondered why I couldn't 'HEAR' the SUPERCHARGER 'sound.'
Ummmmm, my intake air temp and ambient air temp are only a few degrees apart. After reading this insane thread, it sounds like you fall easily for advertising hype and have more money than sense.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Ummmmm, my intake air temp and ambient air temp are only a few degrees apart. After reading this insane thread, it sounds like you fall easily for advertising hype and have more money than sense.

Good luck.
We went over it. Even the Kenne Bell guys stepped in to confirm that the Kenne Bell runs much hotter than the Whipple. Maximus is just amped about his car. I remember that "just boosted" feeling.

Welcome back Maximus. How's she running?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!